Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Experiences of a Z06 with an Edelbrock eforce?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2021, 06:47 PM
Clears
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Experiences of a Z06 with an Edelbrock eforce?

Good afternoon/ evening all. I tried searching for a similar thread, but didn't have any luck. I apologize if this is a repeat as I am new to the Corvette Forum. Anyway, the title pretty much says it all. Have any of you C6 Z06 owners had any experiences with the Edelbrock eforce? I'd love to hear it all.... the good, the bad, the indifferent, especially the pros and cons. I'm in SoCal, so we can forget a complete build like heads and cam, so I am very curious to get some of your knowledge on this matter. I am narrowing my search on cars and i appreciate the input. Thanks again.
Mark
Old 11-29-2021, 03:09 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

I think I would look at the Maggie "Heartbeat" TVS2300 kit if it were me. Being in CA, I think you should also consider a Centri style kit from A&A, as they also are CARB compliant (EO#).
Old 11-29-2021, 03:28 PM
Clears
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
I think I would look at the Maggie "Heartbeat" TVS2300 kit if it were me. Being in CA, I think you should also consider a Centri style kit from A&A, as they also are CARB compliant (EO#).
I appreciate the response and the info. I ask because i am currently looking at a couple of Z06's, one of which has had a Edelbrock installed, so I'm trying to do some due diligence.
Old 11-29-2021, 03:50 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Clears
I appreciate the response and the info. I ask because i am currently looking at a couple of Z06's, one of which has had a Edelbrock installed, so I'm trying to do some due diligence.
Gotcha. If it's essentially a stock car on unmodified eForce tune, the boost is right around ~6 lbs, which is fine. Turning up the boost on LS7's can be ill-advised, due to the thin cylinder liners.
Old 11-29-2021, 04:02 PM
Clears
Heel & Toe

Gotcha. If it's essentially a stock car on unmodified eForce tune, the boost is right around ~6 lbs, which is fine. Turning up the boost on LS7's can be ill-advised, due to the thin cylinder liners.
Oh totally. I will hopefully know more about that car within a couple of days. I've done enough research to know that on the Z06s, it's gotta run low boost. I'm trying to get some thoughts from people who have had them, driven or been a passenger and general feedback with drive ability.
Old 11-29-2021, 04:31 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Only guy I recall having one on here for some time, was a while back... @erick_e

He might have some good feedback for you.
Old 11-29-2021, 05:19 PM
Clears
Heel & Toe

Only guy I recall having one on here for some time, was a while back... @erick_e

Thanks! I appreciate the info a lot.
Old 11-29-2021, 09:32 PM
meanjoe
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 235 Likes on 166 Posts

Boost on a stock bottom end Z is usually a very bad idea. It's already 11-1 compression and the cylinder sleeves are just not made for that. If you want a boost monster you're better off with a cast iron LSX block and some forged 9-1 pistons. The LS7 pistons aren't even forged.
Good luck.
Old 11-30-2021, 01:42 AM
cheetah45
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Clears:
PM sent.

cheetah45
Old 11-30-2021, 11:11 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Talk to your smog ref first and show him the paperwork.
The EO# should be ok...but this new law wiht stock GM tune only seems to have a grey area.
Bet a ref will pass it but find out first before you put your cash down. Stupid azz laws. Ca wants us driving neutered generic pos.
Old 11-30-2021, 11:21 AM
Clears
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by cv67
Talk to your smog ref first and show him the paperwork.
The EO# should be ok...but this new law wiht stock GM tune only seems to have a grey area.
Bet a ref will pass it but find out first before you put your cash down. Stupid azz laws. Ca wants us driving neutered generic pos.
It's gotten crazy out here. I just sold my baby (stroked SRT8 Magnum) because of the new law. It wouldn't run without a tune and the pop up smog checkpoints have been showing up more and more. This state is insane!
Old 11-30-2021, 04:11 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,899 Likes on 4,285 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

My Callaway uses the tvs2300 and is putting 590 to the wheel on 7lb of boost and the factory Callaway tune. The power is more than you could really ever need & the car drives completely stock when not in the boost.

Callaway does lower redline to 6500 and the car maintained full factory warranty so the “boosted LS7 is dangerous” talk is more conjecture than supported by evidence.
Old 11-30-2021, 07:14 PM
92rsz
Pro

Received 243 Likes on 168 Posts

The tuning window for a boosted ls7 is very very small. The evidence it's not the best idea is the fact that gm used the 6.2 block for the zr1. 11:1 compression doesn't play nice with much boost. The way to make them live is low boost, stupid rich and no timing. Most guys don't like leaving that much power on the table. Fwiw I've always heard that the eforce blower for whatever reason doesn't flow well on the ls7. The 2300 is a much better choice.
Old 12-01-2021, 07:34 PM
erick_e
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 93 Likes on 71 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16

MTPZ06, Thanks for the tag. Clears reached out to me for my experiences with the Eforce. I’ve been travelling but told him I would post up a few notes when I got back.

My experience with the Eforce on my C6Z was actually pretty good. I had some tuning issues, but Edelbrock helped figuring it out. I ordered the kit to install after having the heads fixed under warranty. The installation was pretty seamless and was visually aesthetic to look at it. I had no problem with the fit, although some require shims for hood clearance. I added a Dewitt’s radiator at the same time, and upgraded to the newer oil cooler. I installed the kit during the cooler months and all was well until the August heat and humidity in North Carolina. The vehicle would just die during traffic stops and then be difficult to restart. I chased my tail for a few months until I started to log fuel trims that would go high when at idle. After a few data logs and emails with Edelbrock support, all was well. Eventually I upgraded my ECM to the newer one that has an extended MAF ceiling and went back to the stock, unmodified, Edelbrock tune, without any issues. I think that ECM started in 2010 or 2011.

I’m not sure what your previous vehicles are or what your experience with Corvettes are. I moved up from a C5Z, to a C6Z, then added the Eforce, then moved onto a C7Z. I will say that adding the Eforce to my C6Z was much more noticeable than going from a C5Z to C6Z. The stock C6Z was a pretty quick and nimble. The Eforce is essentially a Eaton TVS2300 with a little different port to clear the stock hood, and added so much more, even third gear could be scary if the conditions were less than optimal. Boost was pretty minimal around 5-6 pounds and I never had any reliability issues other than the initial tuning. Compared to my C7Z the C6Z with Eforce did seem a little quicker and agile, and always put a grin on my face when I drove it. I think the C7Z is a little more brutal and cultivated but the C6Z, but the C6Z was incredibly fun to drive. I’m not familiar with smog compliance in California, but if I remember correctly, they are CARB certified if they are stock. I think that’s something they would during testing. If I remember correctly, you can check the CVN with the programming tool to verify.

Hope this helps a little. I’ll try to answer any specific questions if you have any.

Old 12-01-2021, 07:58 PM
Clears
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by erick_e
MTPZ06, Thanks for the tag. Clears reached out to me for my experiences with the Eforce. I’ve been travelling but told him I would post up a few notes when I got back.

My experience with the Eforce on my C6Z was actually pretty good. I had some tuning issues, but Edelbrock helped figuring it out. I ordered the kit to install after having the heads fixed under warranty. The installation was pretty seamless and was visually aesthetic to look at it. I had no problem with the fit, although some require shims for hood clearance. I added a Dewitt’s radiator at the same time, and upgraded to the newer oil cooler. I installed the kit during the cooler months and all was well until the August heat and humidity in North Carolina. The vehicle would just die during traffic stops and then be difficult to restart. I chased my tail for a few months until I started to log fuel trims that would go high when at idle. After a few data logs and emails with Edelbrock support, all was well. Eventually I upgraded my ECM to the newer one that has an extended MAF ceiling and went back to the stock, unmodified, Edelbrock tune, without any issues. I think that ECM started in 2010 or 2011.

I’m not sure what your previous vehicles are or what your experience with Corvettes are. I moved up from a C5Z, to a C6Z, then added the Eforce, then moved onto a C7Z. I will say that adding the Eforce to my C6Z was much more noticeable than going from a C5Z to C6Z. The stock C6Z was a pretty quick and nimble. The Eforce is essentially a Eaton TVS2300 with a little different port to clear the stock hood, and added so much more, even third gear could be scary if the conditions were less than optimal. Boost was pretty minimal around 5-6 pounds and I never had any reliability issues other than the initial tuning. Compared to my C7Z the C6Z with Eforce did seem a little quicker and agile, and always put a grin on my face when I drove it. I think the C7Z is a little more brutal and cultivated but the C6Z, but the C6Z was incredibly fun to drive. I’m not familiar with smog compliance in California, but if I remember correctly, they are CARB certified if they are stock. I think that’s something they would during testing. If I remember correctly, you can check the CVN with the programming tool to verify.

Hope this helps a little. I’ll try to answer any specific questions if you have any.
Thank you so much for your feedback. This was exactly what kind of info I was looking for. I appreciate you taking all the time that it took to do this write up. Thank you again!
Old 12-01-2021, 08:00 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by erick_e

Good to see you're still around!
Old 12-02-2021, 08:41 AM
Tennispro1986
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Clears
Good afternoon/ evening all. I tried searching for a similar thread, but didn't have any luck. I apologize if this is a repeat as I am new to the Corvette Forum. Anyway, the title pretty much says it all. Have any of you C6 Z06 owners had any experiences with the Edelbrock eforce? I'd love to hear it all.... the good, the bad, the indifferent, especially the pros and cons. I'm in SoCal, so we can forget a complete build like heads and cam, so I am very curious to get some of your knowledge on this matter. I am narrowing my search on cars and i appreciate the input. Thanks again.
Mark
You cant do HCI with high flow cats?

If not, at least get the heads fixed.

With that being said, you have two options. One as you described, being a positive displacement supercharger. The other one being a centrifugal like ECS, procharger or A&A. It all depends on how you want the car to drive.

Get notified of new replies

To Experiences of a Z06 with an Edelbrock eforce?

Old 12-02-2021, 10:29 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

You cant do HCI with high flow cats?
not anymore
Old 12-02-2021, 02:57 PM
Gypsy883
Racer

Received 204 Likes on 127 Posts

Considered a stock C6zr1?
Old 12-02-2021, 04:09 PM
Clears
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Gypsy883
Considered a stock C6zr1?
Oh I've definitely considered..... scratch tgat.....that...... dreamt about it, but that's unfortunately our of my league and budget.

Quick Reply: Experiences of a Z06 with an Edelbrock eforce?