Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Would i be dumb to swap from ZR1 brakes to Z06

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2021, 11:58 AM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,210 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Might need to get some
Brembo B-Quiet Brembo B-Quiet
. I have a friend with a C7 Z07 that was having nothing but problems with squeaking. Tried cleaning them thoroughly, re-bedding them, and even got the dealer to replaces the pads under warranty. Still didn't fix it. He called Brembo (who makes the brakes) and got a hold of an engineer and the immediate response was put B-Quiet on the back of the pads. He stated Brembo recommends this for all manufacturers who use the CCBs, but that GM decided not to use it (he stated the feedback he heard internally was not for cost, but because it was too much headache to build a standardized process around applying it). Anyway, my buddy bought some, put it on, and his squeak issue was completely solved.
Old 09-28-2021, 12:08 PM
HOTXFIL
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by indebt
Would it be stupid and hurt the value of the car to swap them to Z06 brakes? But if I ever get rid of the car, think the value is way down?
My two cents: If I were in the market and looking to buy your car, and found out you'd been monkeying with the brakes beyond a pad swap, that'd be an automatic pass for me unless you're a GM-certified Corvette tech.

I don't know you at all, so I'm not betting that much money that you knew what you were doing...

Last edited by HOTXFIL; 09-28-2021 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-28-2021, 12:39 PM
v8sten
Drifting

Received 180 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by HOTXFIL
My two cents: If I were in the market and looking to buy your car, and found out you'd been monkeying with the brakes beyond a pad swap, that'd be an automatic pass for me unless you're a GM-certified Corvette tech.

I don't know you at all, so I'm not betting that much money that you knew what you were doing...
thats a bit of a stretch. A GM Certified Corvette Tech couldnt get an oil change right on my car. So when I see "Certified Tech" I think "Certified Idiot" but to each their own. seriously its a rotor, caliper change and pad wear sensor simulator. if someone pulling a brake caliper off and replacing it sways you from buying a car, I guess you have never bought a used car, like ever.

Last edited by v8sten; 09-28-2021 at 12:41 PM.
Old 09-28-2021, 04:00 PM
indebt
Burning Brakes

Received 596 Likes on 272 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Thanks for everyone's suggestions, opinions and experience with the different models. I'm leaning towards atleast getting a Z06, not sure if it will be a Z07 or not. I'm looking for SSB first, which I've found in a Z07/carbon package 30k miles, all stock for $48k. Next is an 08 JSB 43k miles, heads/cam car for $40k, maybe try it for $38,500.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Would i be dumb to swap from ZR1 brakes to Z06