Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Oxy sensors

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 04:34 AM
Mark Wade
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Oxy sensors

Hi there trying to get some oxy sensors for my zo6 . 2008 , my neighbour just put me onto Rock auto which seems to have every thing i need but so many im not sure which one to order im in New zealand so if i make a bluema its a big hassle car keeps throwing fault code , left hand side oxy sensor but it wont tel me wether its the top or bottom one so ill order both any help much appreciated id really love to chuck long tubes on it and get rid of oxy sensors altogether , we dont have emmision laws here . regards Mark
Old 08-30-2020, 12:00 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Your going to need at least one set of O2 sensors to tell the computer the AF ratio. I have long tubes and am only running one set of sensors with no issues.
Old 08-30-2020, 12:37 PM
Hib Halverson
Pro Mechanic
Pro Mechanic

Received 1,148 Likes on 601 Posts

If there is no emissions testing in NZ, you can eliminate the rear sensors but to do that, you need to (obviously) plug the sensor bungs or just remove the cats and have an exhaust shop weld in a section of straight tubing.

You, also, need to recalibrate your ECM to operate properly without the rear sensors. You'll either need learn how to calibrate yourself or find a "tuner" in NZ who is familiar with how to recal the ECM to run with no rear sensors.

The front sensors are required if you want the engine to run properly.

The best O2 sensors come from Denso.
Front (or "upstream") sensors for an '08 LS7 are PN 234-4332

Also, if you are going to change them yourself, you're likely going to need an O2S wrench such as this one or a similar tool.
Old 08-30-2020, 09:13 PM
GTAZ06
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

What’s the code number?
Old 08-31-2020, 04:17 AM
Mark Wade
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GTAZ06
What’s the code number?
im not sure its been along time since the man did the code clearing i have basically just been driving it around with the lite on still goes like a haunted ,but ill get it scanned again and put it on here thanks guys

Get notified of new replies

To Oxy sensors

Quick Reply: Oxy sensors