Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Starting Akrapovic exhaust in open mode

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 12:22 AM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Received 488 Likes on 366 Posts
Default Starting Akrapovic exhaust in open mode

I've had this car a few years and never thought about asking this. I have the Akrapovic exhaust on my Z06 with the controller to change the baffles between open and closed.

Currently, I always have to hit the button after starting to go to open mode as it will always start with the baffles closed. Is it possible to reverse this behavior so it will start in open mode and I have to hit the button to go to close mode?

​​​​​

Last edited by Frankie15; 06-03-2020 at 12:23 AM.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:46 AM
Amol
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie15
I've had this car a few years and never thought about asking this. I have the Akrapovic exhaust on my Z06 with the controller to change the baffles between open and closed.

Currently, I always have to hit the button after starting to go to open mode as it will always start with the baffles closed. Is it possible to reverse this behavior so it will start in open mode and I have to hit the button to go to close mode?

​​​​​
I know it will work with mild to wild switch.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:58 AM
03BlkZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 308 Likes on 186 Posts

My Akra always starts in the open position and I assume its because I have the mild to wild switch.
Old 06-05-2020, 09:46 PM
psp6158
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 228 Likes on 177 Posts

You could rev the car over 3500 rpms when you shut it off lol... Akrapovic is one of the systems that runs with the bi mode, do you have the fob like others have mentioned?
Old 06-05-2020, 11:05 PM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Received 488 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by psp6158
You could rev the car over 3500 rpms when you shut it off lol... Akrapovic is one of the systems that runs with the bi mode, do you have the fob like others have mentioned?
I have the controller from Akrapovic. If I shut the car off and turn it back on, it will start in whatever mode I had it in. I think the issue is it plugs into the cigarette lighter. I wired that outlet to only provide power when the car is on to avoid the controller causing a parasitic drain.

I guess when the battery in the actual controller dies (due to car being off for days), it always defaults to open mode on start up. Not sure if there is a way to change that other than letting that outlet provide power when the car is off, but I don't want to do that.

Get notified of new replies

To Starting Akrapovic exhaust in open mode

Quick Reply: Starting Akrapovic exhaust in open mode