Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Caravaggio seats...turn-around time?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 05:07 PM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 556 Likes on 359 Posts

Default Caravaggio seats...turn-around time?

Posted in C6 General section, but I might get more responses here:

Considering a set of Caravaggio seats for my ZR1.

https://www.caravaggiocorvettes.com/...-headrest-logo

Since I will have to have them shipped to them and converted... wondering who has done this before and what you experienced as far as turn-around from the time you shipped them off til you received them back.

TIA.
Old 05-18-2020, 05:52 PM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 430 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by WA 2 FST

Since I will have to have them shipped to them and converted... wondering who has done this before and what you experienced as far as turn-around from the time you shipped them off til you received them back.

TIA.
john is good - real good but not known to be the quickest but he will not send anything out that is not good enough. His shop is 30 mins from my place and he took me for a tour - showed me pieces of carbon fibre he was throwing out - looked good to me but not 100% to him. If he tells you 2-3 months, multiply it x2. Again, he’s a perfectionist though. I may order the CF LS9 engine cover late this Fall - and should get it for Spring 2021. As we have winter here and cars get stored, I won’t push him over the winter
The following users liked this post:
drewz06 (05-18-2020)
Old 05-18-2020, 06:31 PM
drewz06
thing knower
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 926 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by WA 2 FST

TIA.
wa 2 slo

ordered my daytonas end of January, haven't heard back since...

I heard he can take awhile so i haven't pestered him yet.... maybe in a few weeks I'll shoot him an email...

​​​​​​when did you order yours?

thanks for the feedback redZ glad to hear a good endorsement...

I'd rather they come out perfect for the cost... from what I've read they are simply amazing, otherwise I would have just bought some bolsters and new skins.
​​​

Last edited by drewz06; 05-18-2020 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-18-2020, 06:46 PM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

I would rather just pay for new seats and then send mine in as cores. We don't have winter here, and while my car is far from a daily driver, I am not going to wait 2-3 months for seats.

Thanks for the honest feedback.
Old 05-18-2020, 06:49 PM
drewz06
thing knower
Support Corvetteforum!

yeah I did that, if I get mine soon I'll let ya know when i send my cores back...

maybe we can do a little shuffle for ya
Old 05-18-2020, 07:14 PM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by drewz06
yeah I did that, if I get mine soon I'll let ya know when i send my cores back...

maybe we can do a little shuffle for ya
So they _will_ let you buy a set outright, without sending in your cores first? The biggest reason I posted the original question is because their website says the customer must send in his/her seats to be modified... not something I'm willing to do if it is going to be a long delay.

However, if I don't have to send my cores in first, then I really don't care too much. I've waited 3 months for wheels before... I don't mind waiting for a superb product.
Old 05-19-2020, 10:42 AM
71HO454
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by RedZ4me
john is good - real good but not known to be the quickest but he will not send anything out that is not good enough. His shop is 30 mins from my place and he took me for a tour - showed me pieces of carbon fibre he was throwing out - looked good to me but not 100% to him. If he tells you 2-3 months, multiply it x2. Again, he’s a perfectionist though. I may order the CF LS9 engine cover late this Fall - and should get it for Spring 2021. As we have winter here and cars get stored, I won’t push him over the winter

John got my engine cover done and shipped in 8 weeks.. I love it!!

tommyc6z06 (05-19-2020)
Old 05-19-2020, 10:54 AM
JasonB
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

My Daytona's took forever. Easily twice as long as originally promised and his communication is spotty as he's always working in the shop. With that said they are absolutely spectacular and given the results I wouldn't hesitate to do it again regardless of the wait. Completely transforms the car.

With that said I'd be sending them up in early November not late May.....
Old 05-19-2020, 11:42 AM
El Paso Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Great work but multiply by at least 2 for the timing.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:51 AM
nino427
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonB
My Daytona's took forever. Easily twice as long as originally promised and his communication is spotty as he's always working in the shop. With that said they are absolutely spectacular and given the results I wouldn't hesitate to do it again regardless of the wait. Completely transforms the car.

Can you please explain if, in the case I decide to buy the seats, I have to ship my seats before?
Thanks
Old 05-19-2020, 12:00 PM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JasonB

Well, as I've said in the posts above, it is a no-go for me if I have to send them my seats and they take 2-3 months. I drive my car year-round... not a ton of miles, and maybe only a couple of times a week, but I'm not putting it on the shelf for 3 months and unable to drive it while I'm waiting on seats. If they would do some seats for me and then let me send mine in after I get them, I'd be ok with waiting.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 05-19-2020, 12:04 PM
tommyc6z06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 698 Likes on 445 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified

I dropped my seats off there this past Saturday.
John promised a fast turnaround.
i had booked my time-slot long ago.
I’ll get back to y’all (shortly...I hope)

Last edited by tommyc6z06; 05-19-2020 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-19-2020, 02:46 PM
Cap'n Pete
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 77 Posts

Keep in mind that with this Covid19 still kicking around (...and having just come out of nearly ~2 months of virtual "lockdown") there may be some backlog?? (...not sure if Caravaggio kept employees working behind-the-scenes or not?).

Guess I got lucky, buying a car that already had a nice Caravaggio interior in place ..... no wait time required! I will say, the workmanship is outstanding . I had a couple small parts (parking brake lever and console lid) done to match the seats / wheel / shifter that were already done, and those alone took about a month to turn-around. That being said, I don't know how John prioritizes jobs, ie: small / quick turnaround vs. larger / more $$$. I suspect there's a fine balance, in getting jobs out the door quickly, while also taking care of the high $$$ customer first.

2011 Z06

2011 Z07

2011 Z07
tommyc6z06 (05-19-2020)
Old 05-19-2020, 03:12 PM
drewz06
thing knower
Support Corvetteforum!

wow yeah, those seats and wheel look fantastic! i'm in no way criticizing JC for taking too long, i'm just impatient!

ive seen so many pictures of the extremely detailed work they do, and its the reason i was willing to spend the cash... some people see it as excessive, but i'm all about quality...

people are so used to 'walmart' products... cheap and 'just okay'... there's no getting work like this for a walmart price... (or speed)

just like high fidelity audio... nothing beats an entirely analog signal... the pure recording of the sound can't be touched by any digital encoding...

-drew

Last edited by drewz06; 05-19-2020 at 03:14 PM.
Cap'n Pete (05-20-2020)
Old 05-19-2020, 04:33 PM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

For the record, if I haven't made it clear already... I'm not complaining about a potential wait time for high-quality stuff. I've waited 12-13 weeks for wheels before... but you get what you pay for there, too. However, with wheels or other parts, you still have what you're rolling on so that you can use your vehicle. Shipping seats, so that you don't have any while you wait, won't be an option for me. I enjoy driving the car too much, and with some health issues I have encountered earlier this year... I'm not missing a 3-month window to drive my car when I want to. That is not discounting the quality at all. Given my stock '11 seats have 3100 miles on them, they are in great shape anyway... just nothing like Caravaggios.
Cap'n Pete (05-20-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 12:45 PM
tommyc6z06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by tommyc6z06
I dropped my seats off there this past Saturday.
John promised a fast turnaround.
i had booked my time-slot long ago.
I’ll get back to y’all (shortly...I hope)
got em!! Stunning!!

Daytona seats
The following 2 users liked this post by tommyc6z06:
JasonB (06-02-2020), WA 2 FST (06-02-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 12:51 PM
drewz06
thing knower
Support Corvetteforum!

how long ago did you reserve your spot?

Old 06-02-2020, 07:54 PM
tommyc6z06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

I’m not sure ‘lead time’ is the right question.
I’d suggest calling and asking when he’d be able to take the job in such a way that he can focus on them to turn them around.
John may well say he just can’t tackle them until ‘......’
He’s really a super nice guy and a real straight shooter from my experience, but his shop is pretty busy with lots of projects going on.

oh yah...the workmanship and the way the seats support you are just terrific, while still being really comfortable. Not cheap, but worth it. Especially after you’ve sat in them.
They address the huge gaff GM made by not offering a seat upgrade option on a car of this nature.
I’ll post pics installed tomorrow...it’s been a long day driving back and forth, and just finally got home
Old 06-02-2020, 08:46 PM
IMXCITD
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 307 Likes on 290 Posts

Go for it Wes....gonna look amazing!

Get notified of new replies

To Caravaggio seats...turn-around time?

Quick Reply: Caravaggio seats...turn-around time?