Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

H/C/I package TAMPA?! HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2020, 08:31 PM
Zack Horton
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default H/C/I package TAMPA?! HELP

Hey guys!
I have a 08 Z that has 18k on the clock and I'm basically terrified of driving it at this time afraid that its gonna drop a damn valve into the motor. With that being said it needs addressed, and while it is under the knife I would like to go ahead and install a cam, headers, maybe a intake, maybe just port the factory one etc... but it is getting tiring trying to find a good reputable shop here in the Tamp Bay area. I won't list names.. but some shops I hear about or have seen mentioned don't answer my emails, don't answer my phone calls... other shops I've put the pieces together on recent threads and guys are saying they f***** up their wheels, their paint, etc... like I can't win for losing on this decision. Any help with shops that people have had positive experiences with in the recent past. Also maybe wouldn't hurt if I could get some info on decent pricing within these shops. Any help or direction at this point is appreciated guys. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-02-2020, 11:31 AM
Innovate
Drifting

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

I think Fasterproms is close and then Vengeance Racing is 4-5 hours from you I think.

I have some heads for sale, Brodix BR7’s done by LME $4k shipped to whichever shop you choose. PM me for details.
The following 2 users liked this post by Innovate:
drewz06 (02-02-2020), Zack Horton (02-02-2020)
Old 02-02-2020, 11:33 AM
drewz06
thing knower
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 926 Likes on 684 Posts

I know it's out of the way a bit but redline motorsports in pompano seem to have their **** together...

had them do my baseline dyno the other day and they've got a nice shop with plenty of cars/motors in progress.

I haven't had them do a tune or work, but speaking with Howard was insightful, and will definitely be bringing my car there for a tune once I finish the build.

if I wanted a shop to do the work, I wouldn't hesitate to send my z there. Howard was genuinely interested in my build and took the time to talk to me without feeling rushed / take my money & next customer please

p.s. 73k on my stock ls7.... doing the heads because yeah.... going to measure and see if they had the problem

Last edited by drewz06; 02-02-2020 at 11:44 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Zack Horton (02-02-2020)
Old 02-02-2020, 12:43 PM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Received 124 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Zack Horton
Hey guys!
I have a 08 Z that has 18k on the clock and I'm basically terrified of driving it at this time afraid that its gonna drop a damn valve into the motor. With that being said it needs addressed, and while it is under the knife I would like to go ahead and install a cam, headers, maybe a intake, maybe just port the factory one etc... but it is getting tiring trying to find a good reputable shop here in the Tamp Bay area. I won't list names.. but some shops I hear about or have seen mentioned don't answer my emails, don't answer my phone calls... other shops I've put the pieces together on recent threads and guys are saying they f***** up their wheels, their paint, etc... like I can't win for losing on this decision. Any help with shops that people have had positive experiences with in the recent past. Also maybe wouldn't hurt if I could get some info on decent pricing within these shops. Any help or direction at this point is appreciated guys. Thanks in advance!
if we can be of assistance please feel free to reach out.

Thanks HT

Zack Horton (02-02-2020)
Old 02-02-2020, 01:37 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,090 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by drewz06

I know it's out of the way a bit but Redline Motorsports in Pompano seem to have their **** together...
Yup .....
drewz06 (02-02-2020)
Old 02-02-2020, 03:11 PM
Zack Horton
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports
if we can be of assistance please feel free to reach out.

Thanks HT
Man I’m in pompano every other week for work almost. So I’m familiar with the area and that’s not too bad of a drive in my opinion for a reputable shop that I’m not pulling my hair out to deal with. I’ll give you guys a call early this next week! Thanks for reaching out and thanks for the info guys I appreciate it!
drewz06 (02-02-2020)
Old 02-02-2020, 03:57 PM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Man I’m in pompano every other week for work almost. So I’m familiar with the area and that’s not too bad of a drive in my opinion for a reputable shop that I’m not pulling my hair out to deal with. I’ll give you guys a call early this next week! Thanks for reaching out and thanks for the info guys I appreciate it!
awesome give us a heads up so we can make the time to address your needs.

Old 02-02-2020, 04:04 PM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

If Antivenom is still in business, I wouldn't let that incompetent jackass touch my weed whacker.

Installed the wrong sized push rods in my 2000 FRC during a Heads/Cam install that destroyed my engine. ******* left me high and dry.

Limped my car all the way up to LG Motorsports on 3 cylinders where Lou and his team did me right.

Still waiting for that incompetent jackass to man up to the damage he caused (which of course, will never happen).

You've been warned.

Good luck.

EDITED: Just checked. ******* went out of business.

Last edited by WICKEDFRC; 02-02-2020 at 04:10 PM.
Dane@LGmotorsports (02-03-2020)
Old 02-02-2020, 07:12 PM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC
If Antivenom is still in business, I wouldn't let that incompetent jackass touch my weed whacker.

Installed the wrong sized push rods in my 2000 FRC during a Heads/Cam install that destroyed my engine. ******* left me high and dry.

Limped my car all the way up to LG Motorsports on 3 cylinders where Lou and his team did me right.

Still waiting for that incompetent jackass to man up to the damage he caused (which of course, will never happen).

You've been warned.

Good luck.

Ouch! Sorry to hear about that. The guys at LG are solid! Glad you got it addressed.
Dane@LGmotorsports (02-03-2020)
Old 02-05-2020, 12:21 PM
musclesbmf
Pro

Received 77 Likes on 58 Posts

Check out Joe over at Powertech in St. Pete.
Known him personally for years and is a straight shooter.
My '10 ZR1 is there now.

Mark
Zack Horton (02-06-2020)
Old 02-05-2020, 01:00 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,195 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC

You've been warned.

Good luck.

yeah he lasted waaaaaay longer than he should have.....I have seen plenty of his "work"
Old 02-05-2020, 01:00 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Pilot of Beer Force 1
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Originally Posted by musclesbmf
My '10 ZR1 is there now.

Mark
this
Old 02-05-2020, 01:01 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Pilot of Beer Force 1
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran

I will also say that sometimes phone calls are not the way to go..if you can stop by in person and see what the shop has to offer and some stuff they are doing its 100% better...see the quality of work...meet some customers....

Last edited by pewter99; 02-05-2020 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-06-2020, 10:02 PM
Zack Horton
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by musclesbmf
My '10 ZR1 is there now.

Mark
I’ve heard that a couple times now, I spoke to him the other day, I still need to make my way out there. Meet him and talk a little bit about the car. May I ask what you’re ZR1 is getting done out there?
Old 02-07-2020, 12:02 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Pilot of Beer Force 1
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran

I’ve heard that a couple times now, I spoke to him the other day, I still need to make my way out there. Meet him and talk a little bit about the car. May I ask what you’re ZR1 is getting done out there?
I think I saw it the other day when I was there but I don't want to answer for him so I will just say...I have been going to Joe since his only lift was in whats now his dyno bay..

over the last 10+ years he has:

installed my Borlas on my Z06
rebuilt my wifes motor in her 02
built me a forged motor for my supercharged C5 and redid it at his cost when we had a ring not seat...no drama..just did it
repaired my Maggie blower
more motor work to the wifes 02
headers on my Z06
fixed my valve issue on my Z06
helped us part out my wifes 02
helped me part out my 99
installed headers on my wifes 2012 GS
GM warranty work on my wifes 2012
just completed a cam install and tune on my Z06

and countless other things over the years from complete torque tube rebuilds to general maintenance, tire installs...I could go on

there are very few people I will refer to do anything...I mean probably less than 5......Joe is one of those people

Last edited by pewter99; 02-07-2020 at 12:04 AM.
musclesbmf (02-07-2020)
Old 02-07-2020, 11:47 AM
musclesbmf
Pro

Received 77 Likes on 58 Posts

Sure...
it already had heads, cam and everything else running on E85.
Took it there for a meth install which they did an outstanding job on the install. Then the starter went bad so replaced that and since half the exhaust was already down replaced the clutch. Then my reinforced intercooler bricks started pissing into the engine and thankfully Joe found the issue before I blew up the motor and we got some Kong bricks in there now. He also put in a new intercooler pump and some other stuff.
He's also done some of my friends cars. Very cool guy to talk to. Definitely go by and talk to him and tell him "the hulk" sent you.

Mark

Get notified of new replies

To H/C/I package TAMPA?! HELP

Quick Reply: H/C/I package TAMPA?! HELP