Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Is The C6 ZR1 Still The Best ZR1 Ever?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 11:06 AM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Received 629 Likes on 327 Posts

Default Is The C6 ZR1 Still The Best ZR1 Ever?

We took out a new C7 ZR1 complete with x-pipe and intake. Ran it against a C6 ZR1 modded with full Exhaust. Yes the C7 ZR1 jumped out on the C6 ZR1 but the C6 didnt let the C7 get out too far! Check out the results for yourself! What are your thoughts on new vs old?

Current C7 World Record Holder 7.55 @ 184 MPH

Quickest and Fastest GEN5 LT Powered Vehicle
LMR1200HP Supercharged C7 8.84 @ 160
LMR1200HP Twin Turbo C7 9.35@155mph-2014
2 TIME OUTLAW DRAG RADIAL LSX CHAMPION 2008/2010
9.47 ZR1 Corvette-2009
LATE MODEL RACECRAFT
713-466-9900
LateModelRacecraft.com

Too many PMs, please call or email instead, thanks!
Old 01-03-2019, 11:25 AM
SPDKLZ1
Burning Brakes

Received 272 Likes on 188 Posts

In the looks department....Absolutely!
Old 01-03-2019, 11:31 AM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 428 Likes on 260 Posts

the 'old' can be tuned. Assume you didn't add a pulley - do that and maybe will be an even run, by a car that many think is the best looking vette - c6 /ZR1

……...and if a pulley was on, well still plenty more can be done keeping it streetable.

Last edited by RedZ4me; 01-03-2019 at 11:32 AM.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:08 PM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

cant go wrong with that old ZR1 look!
Old 01-03-2019, 04:03 PM
3X2
Melting Slicks

Received 466 Likes on 361 Posts

I'd rather have a C3 ZR1 over a C6 or C7 ZR1
Old 01-03-2019, 04:04 PM
Bigjsn250
Pro

Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by RedZ4me
the 'old' can be tuned.
This is the key for me. Except for the wheels I like the look of the new ZR1, but I do not think there will be a simple cost effective tuning option for it or the C8. Neither will ever end up in the my garage because of this, which is a bummer. With that said, still a cool video.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:14 PM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,737 Likes on 876 Posts

Originally Posted by 3X2
Me too. I'd sell it, buy an C3 LT1, C4ZR-1, C7 ZR1, redo my master bathroom and bank the rest.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:24 PM
Fulton 1
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

LMR, cool video, but can you please clarify what you mean by the phrase "modded with full exhaust" when referencing the C6? I can read that as modded (e.g. with pulley, tune, etc.) AND with full exhaust or as modded with ONLY full exhaust. If it's the latter then that's a hell of a lot closer than I would have expected and somewhat encouraging for a lover of the "old" car like me.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:56 PM
freddyvette
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

I can't believe these scammers are still allowed to post on these forums.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:58 PM
Eric Reeves
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

If that is the same white C6ZR1 here around Houston then its putting down a lot more hp than a new C7ZR1 with their x-pipe said to add 30hp. Videos all over youtube.
Old 01-04-2019, 02:44 AM
Bgreenard
Go Fast

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by 3X2
I'm unaware. Please show pic of C3 ZR1
Old 01-04-2019, 07:49 AM
chatcher
Thick Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgreenard
I'm unaware. Please show pic of C3 ZR1
https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2008...-Corvette-ZR1/

There weren't very many made
The following 2 users liked this post by chatcher:
Bgreenard (01-04-2019), MTPZ06 (01-04-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 09:15 AM
freddyvette
Burning Brakes

For anyone that's interested:

Late model racecraft recently built a ctsv for my friend. The engine they put together ended up being blown up due to improper tuning. Stephen Faraday refused to pay for it. LMR is structured in such a way that the incorporated entity is the only entity liable for product and labor warranty. However that entity has no operating income, so my friend is getting stiffed by only getting a few thousand back for his 20k+ build.

2nd story:

My other friend built his road race z06 by himself. He took it to LMR for a tune. They were completely oblivious on how to tune it! They cut out his HP tuners obd built in harness with integrated wideband because the dumbass "tuner" didn't know the port was in the coin drawer. At the end, the tune was such garbage they had to give him his money back after spending more than a day on it. Utter incompetence.

For my personal story:

I had my transmission seals which were leaking fixed with my aftermarket warranty. After the job was done the transmission leaked WORSE than before. Not only that, but they damaged my slave hydraulic line and my clutch fluid leaking. BUT WAIT THERES MORE they caught my rear brake lines on the cradle and had to cobble up some garbage hard joints. Then they expected me to pay for another slave cylinder replacement ($1800) even though the original service advisor had told me it was on them. I confronted the owner Stephen Faraday in person and he told me that he didn't accept that, and I would have to pay or they would put a lien on my car. I paid with CC, documented everything, (i had voice recordings, this was 4 years ago) and took the car. After that I called my cc company to chargeback on fraud. I sent them everything and they agreed. I dont have a lien on my car yet.. hmm mr Faraday when's that coming?
Old 01-04-2019, 11:20 AM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Fulton 1
LMR, cool video, but can you please clarify what you mean by the phrase "modded with full exhaust" when referencing the C6? I can read that as modded (e.g. with pulley, tune, etc.) AND with full exhaust or as modded with ONLY full exhaust. If it's the latter then that's a hell of a lot closer than I would have expected and somewhat encouraging for a lover of the "old" car like me.
No Problem, The C6 is first of all a stick and has stock pulley everything on it is factory outside of Exhaust headers, CAI and tune!
Old 01-04-2019, 11:26 AM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Eric Reeves
If that is the same white C6ZR1 here around Houston then its putting down a lot more hp than a new C7ZR1 with their x-pipe said to add 30hp. Videos all over youtube.
This white C6 ZR1 rarely goes out or gets driven, if you look back at old videos you can see exactly what this car puts down. See video below.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:27 AM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Bigjsn250
This is the key for me. Except for the wheels I like the look of the new ZR1, but I do not think there will be a simple cost effective tuning option for it or the C8. Neither will ever end up in the my garage because of this, which is a bummer. With that said, still a cool video.
Thank you! glad you like the video!
Old 01-04-2019, 01:27 PM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 428 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by freddyvette
for anyone that's interested:

Late model racecraft recently built a ctsv for my friend. The engine they put together ended up being blown up due to improper tuning. Stephen faraday refused to pay for it. Lmr is structured in such a way that the incorporated entity is the only entity liable for product and labor warranty. However that entity has no operating income, so my friend is getting stiffed by only getting a few thousand back for his 20k+ build.

2nd story:

My other friend built his road race z06 by himself. He took it to lmr for a tune. They were completely oblivious on how to tune it! They cut out his hp tuners obd built in harness with integrated wideband because the dumbass "tuner" didn't know the port was in the coin drawer. At the end, the tune was such garbage they had to give him his money back after spending more than a day on it. Utter incompetence.

For my personal story:

I had my transmission seals which were leaking fixed with my aftermarket warranty. After the job was done the transmission leaked worse than before. Not only that, but they damaged my slave hydraulic line and my clutch fluid leaking. But wait theres more they caught my rear brake lines on the cradle and had to cobble up some garbage hard joints. Then they expected me to pay for another slave cylinder replacement ($1800) even though the original service advisor had told me it was on them. I confronted the owner stephen faraday in person and he told me that he didn't accept that, and i would have to pay or they would put a lien on my car. I paid with cc, documented everything, (i had voice recordings, this was 4 years ago) and took the car. After that i called my cc company to chargeback on fraud. I sent them everything and they agreed. I dont have a lien on my car yet.. Hmm mr faraday when's that coming?
ouch !!! Supporting vendor, don't think this will stay up long BUT it should, we the readers are also customers of many vendors and the bad should be known as the good. My question re: AHP was taken down same day I noticed and I only wondered if they were going to respond to one of their repaired heads that dropped a valve in a recent post. I was not criticizing, only wondering.........Sometimes I question this forum and moderators - I suppose those that pay win

Last edited by RedZ4me; 01-04-2019 at 01:30 PM.
The following users liked this post:
yellowzron (05-06-2021)

Get notified of new replies

To Is The C6 ZR1 Still The Best ZR1 Ever?

Old 01-04-2019, 01:56 PM
freddyvette
Burning Brakes

Yeah, I don't go out of my way to warn people, but when they're mentioned anywhere I just want to make more people aware of the sort of ethics they live by. It's not against the rules to post reviews, and as long as they keep posting on sub forums I visit, I'll keep replying.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:27 PM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by freddyvette
For anyone that's interested:

Late model racecraft recently built a ctsv for my friend. The engine they put together ended up being blown up due to improper tuning. Stephen Faraday refused to pay for it. LMR is structured in such a way that the incorporated entity is the only entity liable for product and labor warranty. However that entity has no operating income, so my friend is getting stiffed by only getting a few thousand back for his 20k+ build.

2nd story:

My other friend built his road race z06 by himself. He took it to LMR for a tune. They were completely oblivious on how to tune it! They cut out his HP tuners obd built in harness with integrated wideband because the dumbass "tuner" didn't know the port was in the coin drawer. At the end, the tune was such garbage they had to give him his money back after spending more than a day on it. Utter incompetence.

For my personal story:

I had my transmission seals which were leaking fixed with my aftermarket warranty. After the job was done the transmission leaked WORSE than before. Not only that, but they damaged my slave hydraulic line and my clutch fluid leaking. BUT WAIT THERES MORE they caught my rear brake lines on the cradle and had to cobble up some garbage hard joints. Then they expected me to pay for another slave cylinder replacement ($1800) even though the original service advisor had told me it was on them. I confronted the owner Stephen Faraday in person and he told me that he didn't accept that, and I would have to pay or they would put a lien on my car. I paid with CC, documented everything, (i had voice recordings, this was 4 years ago) and took the car. After that I called my cc company to chargeback on fraud. I sent them everything and they agreed. I dont have a lien on my car yet.. hmm mr Faraday when's that coming?
Not sure who you are and have no clue on any of the stories you are talking about. Either way, LMR would not be in business for over 11 years if we acted like shade tree mechanics and did not know what we were doing. There is a reason we have been at the top of the GM Performance Industry since we have opened and continue to re set records each year building hundreds of packages for satisfied customers across the entire WORLD. In any business, you will have mistakes and can not always please everyone, that is just business. Like always, we stand behind what we build and if any of our customers from the past, present, or future ever have any issues, they can always contact us directly to get any situation resolved instead of typing on a forum.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:23 PM
freddyvette
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Late Model Racecraft
Not sure who you are and have no clue on any of the stories you are talking about. Either way, LMR would not be in business for over 11 years if we acted like shade tree mechanics and did not know what we were doing. There is a reason we have been at the top of the GM Performance Industry since we have opened and continue to re set records each year building hundreds of packages for satisfied customers across the entire WORLD. In any business, you will have mistakes and can not always please everyone, that is just business. Like always, we stand behind what we build and if any of our customers from the past, present, or future ever have any issues, they can always contact us directly to get any situation resolved instead of typing on a forum.
This is laughable because everyone I know who has gone to LMR with these similar experiences. Your reputation will catch up to you someday.

I'm more than happy to talk to you. You know who I am and you have my contact info.
The following users liked this post:
dmaxx3500 (01-04-2019)

Quick Reply: Is The C6 ZR1 Still The Best ZR1 Ever?