Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Car back from RPM - Dyno sheet, heads/tune only.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 05:43 PM
BigVette427
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 253 Posts

2009 Z06 with AI heads, LG 1.75" LT headers, Halltech CAI, and their LS7 Road Race cam (226/246, .60x"/.61x", 114+2 LSA) and it did 557 .rwhp. I just don't see how any cylinder heads can pick up that much power on their own, 43 rwhp (486 vs. 444). Especially at the stock LS7 cam lifts (just under .600" lift at .591",) and then you add a Halltech CAI, LT headers, and a moderate road race cam on this 2009 Z06 only to equate to a collective 38 addtiional rwhp.

http://www.pcmofnc.com/2014/09/09/bg213/
Old 06-20-2018, 05:51 PM
ssbowtie1
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by BigVette427
2009 Z06 with AI heads, LG 1.75" LT headers, Halltech CAI, and their LS7 Road Race cam (226/246, .60x"/.61x", 114+2 LSA) and it did 557 .rwhp. I just don't see how any cylinder heads can pick up that much power on their own, 43 rwhp (486 vs. 444). Especially at the stock LS7 cam lifts (just under .600" lift at .591",) and then you add a Halltech CAI, LT headers, and a moderate road race cam on this 2009 Z06 only to equate to a collective 38 addtiional rwhp.

519 STD is just under 500 SAE. So in comparison you're looking at 57+ rwhp gained with a cam, CAI, and headers.
Old 06-24-2018, 10:34 AM
CorsoZ06
Pro

Received 245 Likes on 123 Posts

So I had a chance on Friday and Saturday to get behind the wheel of my car since getting it back from RPM, and I am all smiles! Going into this, the premise was simply to address the head issue. Any minor gains picked up in the process would just be a nice bonus. For me, the car in stock form is plenty fast/powerful for 99.5% of all driving opportunities. Even with that said, when finalizing my appointment with Bill at RPM, I was very tempted to just go ahead and add cam, intake and headers to the package. I am really glad I stuck to my guns and went with my original intention.

The car absolutely screams. It is amazing how big of a difference 75 RWHP can be to a 3000lb car. I know there are lots of guys on here familiar with big power upgrades, and this is paltry by comparison, but for those like me where this was a little unchartered, let me just say that it is very noticeable!

All and all, I couldn't be happier. I achieved exactly what I set out to do from the beginning and picked up way more power than I expected in the process. I have essentially kept my car stock.....looks stock, sounds stock...…but now she is not only reliable but even more fun to drive.

Lastly I want to tip my cap to RPM... I did this entire process remotely. I corresponded with Bill via email and phone, and he always was there to answer my questions and have a discussion regarding the project, getting the car there, etc. Always prompt to respond, courteous and professional. They even recommended someone to pick-up and deliver the car, and he too was a total class act and pro. I never once had any concern about my car being in their hands. When my car was delivered to them, the driver got there at night afterhours, and even then Bill emailed me to let me know that Fran had stopped by the shop to move the car inside. It is the little things like that that go a long way.

If you are on the eastern half of the US and need a competent shop for your car, you owe it to yourself, at the very least, to put these guys on your short-list of shops to consider.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:18 AM
Vette @ 71
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default heads

Originally Posted by CorsoZ06
So I had a chance on Friday and Saturday to get behind the wheel of my car since getting it back from RPM, and I am all smiles! Going into this, the premise was simply to address the head issue. Any minor gains picked up in the process would just be a nice bonus. For me, the car in stock form is plenty fast/powerful for 99.5% of all driving opportunities. Even with that said, when finalizing my appointment with Bill at RPM, I was very tempted to just go ahead and add cam, intake and headers to the package. I am really glad I stuck to my guns and went with my original intention.

The car absolutely screams. It is amazing how big of a difference 75 RWHP can be to a 3000lb car. I know there are lots of guys on here familiar with big power upgrades, and this is paltry by comparison, but for those like me where this was a little unchartered, let me just say that it is very noticeable!

All and all, I couldn't be happier. I achieved exactly what I set out to do from the beginning and picked up way more power than I expected in the process. I have essentially kept my car stock.....looks stock, sounds stock...…but now she is not only reliable but even more fun to drive.

Lastly I want to tip my cap to RPM... I did this entire process remotely. I corresponded with Bill via email and phone, and he always was there to answer my questions and have a discussion regarding the project, getting the car there, etc. Always prompt to respond, courteous and professional. They even recommended someone to pick-up and deliver the car, and he too was a total class act and pro. I never once had any concern about my car being in their hands. When my car was delivered to them, the driver got there at night afterhours, and even then Bill emailed me to let me know that Fran had stopped by the shop to move the car inside. It is the little things like that that go a long way.

If you are on the eastern half of the US and need a competent shop for your car, you owe it to yourself, at the very least, to put these guys on your short-list of shops to consider.
Do you know what condition your heads were in?
Old 06-24-2018, 02:53 PM
Jon B.
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

I'd argue that it may be a case of a tuner being extremely familiar with the LS7 (Fran), and the other not being as savvy. Lots of variables involved. He did mention the car had next to no timing in it on the factory tune.

Originally Posted by BigVette427

Old 06-24-2018, 03:34 PM
C6Z06Silverbullet
Melting Slicks

Received 362 Likes on 264 Posts

I subscribe to there YouTube page. Seen your dyno!

Last edited by C6Z06Silverbullet; 06-24-2018 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:56 PM
CorsoZ06
Pro

Received 245 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette @ 71
Do you know what condition your heads were in?
Good question, I do not.....didn't ask.
Old 06-29-2021, 04:08 PM
niphilli2
Drifting

Received 151 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by CorsoZ06

Sorry to resurrect this from the dead but I am going a similar route and am curious about your impressions three years later.

AI has my heads now debating on what I will ask them to do.

Did you notice any difference in throttle response for around town/ part throttle.

Very best,
-Nick
Old 07-01-2021, 07:00 AM
K-TownMike
Melting Slicks

Received 731 Likes on 311 Posts

I have AHP ported heads in transit now, and am also curious how you feel 3 years later. I'm not going with a cam, don't want to deal with the negatives, but am really hoping to pick up some noticeable gains with the ported heads.
Old 07-01-2021, 05:46 PM
got2hav1
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,049 Likes on 594 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods)

AHP CNC ported heads, Halltech, Kooks, and tune on my 2007 resulted in 510 SAE RWHP. So you can expect around 500 RWHP with similar and stock cam. I've had two C6Zs and they both had similar mods and similar results. Both run strong.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Car back from RPM - Dyno sheet, heads/tune only.