Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Weird problem with abs/starter

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 08:27 PM
Eastbayz06
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Weird problem with abs/starter

Hey guys so last week I went to start my car and the car wouldn’t start. I mean nothing it wasn’t even making a noise. First thing I checked was my 12v with a multimeter which showed 12.50v. So I replace the starter and she starts right up I take her for a spin park her and same thing she won’t start. So I jacked her up and saw the remote wire was a little loose so I shove it in and she starts up. Next day I take her for a spin and a abs code pops up u0121( lost communication with abs) the car also felt like it was running a little rough and steering was heavier then usual. So I park her and again the car won’t start. Not sure what’s going on seems like some kind of electrical problem or what. Any help is appreciated
Old 03-10-2018, 09:41 PM
phipp85
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

U code is just a communication problem. I’d check the EBCM connector to make sure it’s seated properly. Unplug it look for anything out of place and check the as much as you can of the harness that connector comes out of. That particular harness runs along side the lower/middle left side of the block. There is a ground on the front left corner of the block and near the back of the block just above the oil filter.

Quick Reply: Weird problem with abs/starter