Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Trying to buy C6 ZR1 - HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 09:50 PM
45Z06
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Trying to buy C6 ZR1 - HELP

I'm looking at a 2011 Artic White ZR1 with just over 6000 Miles in pristine condition. I physically looked the car over and found no imperfections exterior or interior. CarFax one owner car and serviced regularly even though it only has 6K miles(oil changes). Everything looks good except for the fact that it is a 1ZR and not a 3ZR. Now I really don't mind a 1ZR because I could car less about the navigation (we all have that on our phones now) or the bluetooth (when I get in the car I get in to drive the car, not to talk on the phone or listen to music, wanna hear that motor). So to me it doesn't matter, BUT it might matter to the next guy when and if I ever sell the car. Would it be harder to sell? most likely. What is a car like this worth now? These ZR1's seem to be all over the board. Remember now, the car is pristine, garage queen with zero issues. Artic White with silver ZR1 wheels, not chrome. 1ZR package. What do you guys with ZR1 experience think I should pay for this? Just looking for a bit of advice. I just do not want to overpay OR I do not want to get stuck with a ZR1 that might be very hard to sell in the future.
And by the way a chevy dealer is selling it, not a private sale.

Thanks!

Last edited by 45Z06; 06-11-2017 at 09:57 PM.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:21 PM
Jimmy Z
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Zr1 3zr

Originally Posted by 45Z06
I'm looking at a 2011 Artic White ZR1 with just over 6000 Miles in pristine condition. I physically looked the car over and found no imperfections exterior or interior. CarFax one owner car and serviced regularly even though it only has 6K miles(oil changes). Everything looks good except for the fact that it is a 1ZR and not a 3ZR. Now I really don't mind a 1ZR because I could car less about the navigation (we all have that on our phones now) or the bluetooth (when I get in the car I get in to drive the car, not to talk on the phone or listen to music, wanna hear that motor). So to me it doesn't matter, BUT it might matter to the next guy when and if I ever sell the car. Would it be harder to sell? most likely. What is a car like this worth now? These ZR1's seem to be all over the board. Remember now, the car is pristine, garage queen with zero issues. Artic White with silver ZR1 wheels, not chrome. 1ZR package. What do you guys with ZR1 experience think I should pay for this? Just looking for a bit of advice. I just do not want to overpay OR I do not want to get stuck with a ZR1 that might be very hard to sell in the future.
And by the way a chevy dealer is selling it, not a private sale.

Thanks!
I have the same year, color and it's has 4400 miles.....$67k
Old 06-11-2017, 10:25 PM
Jimmy Z
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

jimsviper@comcast.net
Old 06-13-2017, 03:31 PM
blackvetterzo6
Le Mans Master

Received 1,019 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy Z
I have the same year, color and it's has 4400 miles.....$67k
1ZR -trim,wouldn't even give them 60k for it.Why do you think they have it. At that price point, what's the point. Has to be 3ZR trim.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:22 PM
ufaj26
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

Looks clean and well kept. 3ZR was a 10k option but for used it would not hold that much actual value on resale. You state you don't mind it being a 1ZR you just don't want to get stuck with it. A 3ZR is always going to sell faster. I might go 56 or 57 if I wanted it. I think they're asking 63 or so? They possibly picked it up in the low 50's.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:42 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,102 Likes on 753 Posts

A IZR will be a lot harder to sell when you're ready to move it. Several for sale here over the years just seemed to languish and not sell. There's not a lot of difference between a 1ZR and 3ZR and there is no performance difference at all. They just don't sell as easy with the 1ZR option package.

Now if you're planning to keep it long term, you can probably get a killer deal and with that, I'd say go for it. In reality, you should go with your gut instinct and ignore all of us self-proclaimed experts.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:39 PM
yellowzron
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 334 Likes on 195 Posts

I think I saw that car for sale. Was it in southern florida? Me personally i think its worth 55k. That trim level will be hard to sell.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:03 AM
spartan8270
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Its an Arctic White ZR1 with very low miles.... Buy the damn thing! lol
Old 06-15-2017, 11:21 AM
amlarson2001
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Just remember your wont be able to ask as much for the car if you go to sell it. With that said you may have one of the cheapest ZR1's on the market. There are plenty of people that want to get into a Z for as cheap as possible as well. Maybe they are trying to upgrade from a Z06 or something and just dont have the money to pay top dollar. As the value drops on these there will be more people that can just afford it. That could be your car.

Get notified of new replies

To Trying to buy C6 ZR1 - HELP

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Trying to buy C6 ZR1 - HELP