Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Optima Ultimate Street Car NOLA

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 03:54 PM
08Z
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan_the_C5_Man
I might like to have a chat with you about the C.O. setup, valving, spring rates, mounting, etc. if you have time - I've used Penske's before in other applications with good results.

In your previous posts you said you "had brake issues".. Something up with that prototype setup? If you can't (or won't) say due to an NDA, that's fine.
As far as the brakes go we think the master decided to crap out on us. But im all ears on penske tuning or advice!
Old 04-28-2017, 04:34 PM
08Z
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
Vents in the hood...did you double up on the Camaro vent that some guys are cutting/installing into the center hood section, or are those something else?

Yeah, I have to go check one out some day. Unless they plan come to Hawaii for one event...kind of like the Pro Bowl used to.
These are trackspecs vents they make for the e36. The ones they make for the c6 i thought were too small.
The following users liked this post:
MTPZ06 (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 05:15 PM
Dan_the_C5_Man
Le Mans Master

Received 444 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by 08Z
As far as the brakes go we think the master decided to crap out on us. But im all ears on penske tuning or advice!
..I think you misunderstood - I was looking for feedback FROM you TO me..
Old 04-30-2017, 07:49 AM
OptimaJim
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Suns_PSD
Where did you compete at?

Is it a 1 day event or more?

Can you clarify a bit more on the scoring and what one does to finish well in each segment?

Thanks
Each OUSCI qualifier are two-day events. Day one is the Detroit Speed Autocross, Lingenfelter Design & Engineering Challenge and LucasOilRacing.TV Road Rally. Day two is the PowerStop Speed Stop Challenge and the Falken Tire Road Course Time Trial. Each segment is worth up to 100 points, with first place getting 100, second getting 99, third gets 98, etc... and the field is sold-out at 75 entries.

A perfect score for a weekend is 500, but the closest anyone has ever gotten is 494. Once points are distributed, cars are split into one of five classes, so even if someone in the GTV class for cars built before 1990, only has 389 points, if that's the most in his class that weekend, he gets an invitation to the 2017 SEMA Show and OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational.

Invitations are also awarded at the end of the season to the top-three non-qualifiers from each class and the next 10, regardless of class. There is also a regular season points championship in each class and the point totals from a competitor's best three events count toward their season total for both the championship and OUSCI qualification.

Here's a link to Super Chevy's coverage from New Orleans.

Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries
www.facebook.com/optimabatteries

Quick Reply: [Z06] Optima Ultimate Street Car NOLA