Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] LS7 build, blowing out engine oil

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 03:13 PM
kentz06
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LS7 build, blowing out engine oil

I had my LS7 built up locally. It is producing approx. 630hp. It runs well and sounds fine. The problem is it ejects oil.

What has happened several times after the engine is hot including some stop and go traffic and short stops at a couple shops it blows oil through the dry sump tank and out the catch can. The build shop has tried modifying the dry sump tank venting several times with no resolution. Their most recent attempt is to basically make the breather a closed loop system. It appears it now is blowing oil out the rear seal. So now instead of it blowing oil on the right exhaust manifold it is leaking out the center rear of the engine and on the exhaust pipe.

Pertinent build data:
Katech High output oil pump with pressure limiting valve.
ARE LS7 dry sump system, stage 3

Some one suggested it could be the baffle under the intake manifold. My wild guess is some how the block is getting pressurized after the engine is hot.

I'm at my wits end.

Dean
Old 04-09-2017, 04:50 PM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 270 Posts

I would personally verify pluming and routing and make sure it is correct. Do not trust others to do this for you...

I am not familier with the ARE system, so can't offer you more advise, sorry..... You are definately not venting the crank case though.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:21 PM
rjacobs
Melting Slicks

Received 523 Likes on 394 Posts

Wasnt there another thread with somebody with an ARE system that was puking oil out everywhere? Lines were hooked up wrong or PCV was wrong or something along those lines. I cant remember exactly.

Get notified of new replies

To LS7 build, blowing out engine oil

Quick Reply: [Z06] LS7 build, blowing out engine oil