Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] 2012 Zr1 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 07:35 PM
DNAST1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 267 Likes on 130 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C5 of the Year Winner - Modified
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist (C8) - Modified
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist (C6) - Modified
2022 C8 of the Year Winner - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Default 2012 Zr1 for sale

I continue to get alerts from AT on Zr1s and here another extremely low mileage one if anyone is looking

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...CALERTSEMLSRCH
Old 09-29-2015, 08:18 PM
Random84
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow.

615 miles, with $30-35k in depreciation (trade in).... an expensive trophy for the first owner!
Old 09-29-2015, 09:19 PM
ZR1OUS
Burning Brakes

Received 156 Likes on 95 Posts

I tried to trade my 15 Cts-V coupe for that car but could not make a deal. Thoughts on the price?
Old 09-29-2015, 10:36 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

for a practically new 2012, the dealer might settle for a couple of thousand less...one can argue it's slightly high,
but low miles & white exterior might make it more desirable...

there is no perfect price...it comes down to "do you want the car or not" and what else are you finding...
Old 09-30-2015, 12:01 AM
GMuffley
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I still can't get over someone drove the car for only 615 miles. Goes against my theory of owning a car--don't buy it if you don't drive it!
Old 09-30-2015, 06:56 AM
ufaj26
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary '09 C6
for a practically new 2012, the dealer might settle for a couple of thousand less...one can argue it's slightly high,
but low miles & white exterior might make it more desirable...

there is no perfect price...it comes down to "do you want the car or not" and what else are you finding...
I agree. Its in the ball park but just a little high. Something between 74.5 to 77 falls in my black book retail for very clean. This one is obviously "almost new" and a desirable color.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:59 AM
ZR1OUS
Burning Brakes

GM is a first class d-bag, had a real hard-on as soon as he answered the phone...price at 79.9 they offered 60K for my car I agreed but they will not pay shipping for either car so I would have to pay 24K plus my new 15CTS-V, I dont think so,lol..No wonder they still have it
Old 09-30-2015, 12:06 PM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,102 Likes on 753 Posts

Nice car and the really low mile ZR1's are becoming much more scarce. Gonna have to pay to play. Heck, it's basically a brand new car.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:13 PM
ZR1OUS
Burning Brakes

BS Its sitting for one reason its too high. They had it at 83K...Let someone else pay for the low miles.5-9k is ok with me. I agreed to the terms and this schmuck wont even throw in some shipping?? Hes still making a profit at 80K and Iam losing 8k at 60K...Oh well its his car he can do what he wants I guess...
Old 10-01-2015, 05:25 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by ZR1OUS
BS Its sitting for one reason its too high. They had it at 83K...Let someone else pay for the low miles.5-9k is ok with me. I agreed to the terms and this schmuck wont even throw in some shipping?? Hes still making a profit at 80K and Iam losing 8k at 60K...Oh well its his car he can do what he wants I guess...
as was said above, do you want the car?

should a dealership not make a profit?
did you expect to make a profit on your car when you bought it?

the GM had a hard on? so you called and asked for the GM to work a deal instead of a salesman, sales manager, general sales manager? I'd probably wonder why I was talking to you about one of hundreds of cars, too.... The ZR1 is probably not on his radar unless it's super old inventory.

a business wants to stay in business not unlike life wants to remain alive. you don't give all your food away and starve to death, why would a business give all their profit away and....starve to death? you can't stay in business by breaking even.

life is too short for worrying about dollars. if you can afford it and you want it, get it. if you can't afford it, stop shopping. next time don't buy a cadillac when you're really a chevy guy.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:32 PM
LGK-SD
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Sounds like shipping cost is a concern. So if you don't care about higher miles and have the time, ship the CTS to him...Utah to WI (that shouldn't be bad), and drive the ZR1 back.
I haggled with my dealer for 3 weeks for a looow mlge '10 and we finally met somewhere in the middle. He knew what he had. FWIW.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:27 PM
ZR1OUS
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
as was said above, do you want the car?
A)Not bad enough to take it in the *** on price..Not all of us are made of money like you.

should a dealership not make a profit?
A) Theres a difference between profit and greed. They dont call them stealerships for no reason. You talk like someone in the used car business

did you expect to make a profit on your car when you bought it?
A) I will not even give you the courtesy of a reply to such a dumb question.

the GM had a hard on? so you called and asked for the GM to work a deal instead of a salesman, sales manager, general sales manager? I'd probably wonder why I was talking to you about one of hundreds of cars, too.... The ZR1 is probably not on his radar unless it's super old inventory.

A) On their radar??? Its in the MIDDLE of their showroom!!! For your information I WAS CALLED Back by another salesman who told me the GM is an asshat and we tried to work something out but they were stuck on 20K +4K shipping(I want enclosed) and open was still 2.3K.Iam NOT going to drive a 600 mile car 1,400 miles back home as thats not a great way to break it in plus the numerous rock chips and mechanical problems that could crop up..

a business wants to stay in business not unlike life wants to remain alive. you don't give all your food away and starve to death, why would a business give all their profit away and....starve to death? you can't stay in business by breaking even.

A) Thank you Captain obvious! You DONT know the details on how much they bought the ZR1 for so how do YOU know what they are making??

life is too short for worrying about dollars. if you can afford it and you want it, get it. if you can't afford it, stop shopping. next time don't buy a cadillac when you're really a chevy guy.
A) Again you dont know my financial situation and if everyone thought like your big baller statement we would all be broke *** street people.
How about you loan me 80K at 0% for 80 years..LIFE with dollars is great but I can assure you you will worry quite a bit without ..

Thanks for your great insight
Old 10-01-2015, 10:04 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

A) Again you dont know my financial situation and if everyone thought like your big baller statement we would all be broke *** street people.
How about you loan me 80K at 0% for 80 years..LIFE with dollars is great but I can assure you you will worry quite a bit without ..

Thanks for your great insight
I dont know your financial situation, why does that matter? If you are concerned about a couple grand, should you really be playing with 80-100K dollar cars???

Maybe I do know your financial situation after all.

What makes you think I have any money? I don't ask how or what to purchase on public forums....

Where do YOU think the line between profit and greed is drawn? Seriously, where? Is it a dollar figure or a gross profit percentage?

I don't need to know what they are making. Why is that relevant? What matters is what they are asking and what you are willing to pay.

BTW, if I sound like a used car salesman, you sound like an artist.

It costs Apple 236 dollars to make an iphone they charge 700+ for.....and facilities that sell and maintain/repair automobiles are the thieves? Yeah..... The profit on your TV, phone, shirt, shoes, food, etc is astronomical compared to your car, at least at the retail level. The manufacturer makes all the money.

Last edited by Higgs Boson; 10-01-2015 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:38 AM
ZR1OUS
Burning Brakes

This explains everything about your babbling rant.
Biography
Auto Industry (25 years)lol.......

I don't need to know what they are making. Why is that relevant? What matters is what they are asking and what you are willing to pay.

You do bubba because you asked this question...below

YOU>a business wants to stay in business not unlike life wants to remain alive. you don't give all your food away and starve to death, why would a business give all their profit away and....starve to death? you can't stay in business by breaking even.

So you are telling me by selling one car and making 10K instead of 20K their business is going to fail......

By the way used car salespeople and real estate salespeople are some of the most lowly respected people in business..

I will take artist over used car salesperson all day long,lol

I know your one of those people who has to put his 2 cents in on everything and get the last word so go for it, arguing with an idiot is just a wast of my time so I will not reply.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:43 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

This explains everything about your babbling rant.
Biography
Auto Industry (25 years)lol.......

You do bubba because you asked this question...below

YOU>a business wants to stay in business not unlike life wants to remain alive. you don't give all your food away and starve to death, why would a business give all their profit away and....starve to death? you can't stay in business by breaking even.

So you are telling me by selling one car and making 10K instead of 20K their business is going to fail......

By the way used car salespeople and real estate salespeople are some of the most lowly respected people in business..

I will take artist over used car salesperson all day long,lol

I know your one of those people who has to put his 2 cents in on everything and get the last word so go for it, arguing with an idiot is just a wast of my time so I will not reply.
You think it's either 10 or 20k profit on cars.

Not everyone in the automotive industry or real estate industry is in "sales." What does "lowly respected" mean?

Keep fightin 'em, one day you might start to enjoy life instead.
Old 10-03-2015, 09:28 PM
DNAST1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 267 Likes on 130 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C5 of the Year Winner - Modified
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist (C8) - Modified
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist (C6) - Modified
2022 C8 of the Year Winner - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Did not know this thread would get this kinda of response! Here is another one! I would of preferred this one over my 2013 when I was looking!

Old 10-03-2015, 09:49 PM
ZR1OUS
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DNAST1
Did not know this thread would get this kinda of response! Here is another one! I would of preferred this one over my 2013 when I was looking!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I will explain this fiasco in another thread but sale is pending.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:22 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by GMuffley
I still can't get over someone drove the car for only 615 miles. Goes against my theory of owning a car--don't buy it if you don't drive it!
why have a theory at all on what others buy...
Old 10-04-2015, 08:19 AM
londonk
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
why have a theory at all on what others buy...
I agree...

I had a 13 zr1 bought new ....put 800 miles on it ..then I sold it to member on here. Things change there's no real theory ... It's doing what you want if you have disposable income to rotate cars often

Get notified of new replies

To 2012 Zr1 for sale

Quick Reply: [ZR1] 2012 Zr1 for sale