Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] engine/transmission mount question

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 06:18 AM
stefuel
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 116 Posts
Default engine/transmission mount question

I know the engine is sitting on mounts in the front but what about the transmission? I was looking at a "repairable" Z that was hit in the rear.
I knew the frame tails and impact bar required replacement. My interest in this car came to a screaming hault when I pushed the seller for more information and I was told the frame was kinked just behind the seats.
This is just a curiosity question but lets say it's kinked enough so the rear cross member is forward a 1/2 a inch. Is there enough play in the mounts to protect the driveline? It would suck for someone to buy it thinking it's a bolt on repair only to find out later that the torque tube is kinked or the bell housing is cracked.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:39 AM
5280Racer
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its possible but your looking at a 50/50 scenario imop.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:21 AM
stefuel
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 116 Posts

Well for anyone lurking, it's the red one on E-bay that is hit in the rear.
If you look carefully at the pictures, the door gaps on the pass side look OK but the drivers side has zero door gap at the rear. The drivers side rear door pillar must be forward. The drivers side rear wheel also looks to far forward. Anyway, I just don't want someone to scoop it up thinking
they can just bolt on some new parts and be good to go.

Get notified of new replies

To engine/transmission mount question

Quick Reply: [Z06] engine/transmission mount question