Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] anyone have any issues woth RPS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 10:40 AM
Turbotank
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default anyone have any issues woth RPS?

I sent in my clutch for a check up and replacement of the floater 2+ months ago. I enailed and confirmed the received it but haven't heard anything since and no response to emails!?
Old 04-23-2015, 01:37 PM
KLLRVET
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i usually call....
Old 04-23-2015, 02:49 PM
Sébast19X
Drifting

Received 194 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbotank
I sent in my clutch for a check up and replacement of the floater 2+ months ago. I enailed and confirmed the received it but haven't heard anything since and no response to emails!?
Call again and ask to talk with Rob Smith
Great services, outstanding support.

Seb
Old 05-01-2015, 10:51 AM
Turbotank
Instructor

Talked to Rob and he shipped out tues.
Old 05-02-2015, 12:18 PM
Geared
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

that is way too long for a rebuild, and candidly, if this is the norm - I am now pissed off that I spent the extra $$$ and bought a RPS clutch. One of their selling points is that it is rebuildable....but waiting 75 days to get it back is a joke.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:44 AM
AimHigh
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

2+ months??…..needs an explanation and a serious discount for the wait...
Old 05-04-2015, 01:22 AM
jnv255
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's not normal and I would call the guy you talked with back and let him know you're not happy..... But be professional about it. Catch more flys with honey type thing
Old 05-04-2015, 08:44 AM
Turbotank
Instructor

Ehh I told him I wasn't in a hurry when I sent it in and i'm sure if I stayed on them they would have gotten it done quickly. But ya you are right you shouldn't have to call and keep in bugging places to get your parts back... Rob wasn't sure what happened and had thought it was done and sent back to me long before I emailed him. I didn't ask for a discount or anything since it didn't hold me up or cause an inconvenience... Ive just got to stop telling places that "i'm in no hurry"...
Old 05-04-2015, 09:48 AM
Blackonblacksls
Drifting

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Ehh I told him I wasn't in a hurry when I sent it in and i'm sure if I stayed on them they would have gotten it done quickly. But ya you are right you shouldn't have to call and keep in bugging places to get your parts back... Rob wasn't sure what happened and had thought it was done and sent back to me long before I emailed him. I didn't ask for a discount or anything since it didn't hold me up or cause an inconvenience... Ive just got to stop telling places that "i'm in no hurry"...

Yes! I made that mistake during a motor build or two.

When you say no rush, not in a hurry, they think that means just throw it at the back of the line and finish everyone else's parts first.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:19 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

...Rob wasn't sure what happened and had thought it was done and sent back to me long before I emailed him.
Based on reading many satisfied RPM customers over the years, really sounds like a honest mistake was made w/ an assumption or two.
It happens.

Glad you did follow-ups or you might still be waiting, after all 'Rob' was apparently under the mistaken impression your part was finished & on its way. All's well.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:01 PM
Turbotank
Instructor

Just an update. The clutch showed up but when I unbolted the pressure plate from the flywheel it didn't "spring" off and push up like you would expect. Unbolted there wasn't even a 1/16" gap between the two and the fingers didn't move at all... I immediately called Rob and sent pictures and I also noticed one of the flat metal straps on the side that hold the disc in place was bent real bad... Rob said he was sorry and had no idea how it go outa the shop like that and would send a replacement pressure plate last friday.
Today I inquire on the tracking number and Rob calls me to let me know that they cant just change the pressure plate out since mine is an older unit and they don't use that style pressure plate anymore and I need a whole new unit!......
Im thinking im ****ed. This clutch came out of a working car that had a chatter problem and the floater needed to be replaced and now I have a paper weight and need to buy a new clutch! Rob worked with me slashed the **** out of the price on the new clutch and upgraded me to a full carbon. I don't know how the pressure plate got messed up but it did. The only thing I think Rob could have done better was communicate the issue with me sooner...

Get notified of new replies

To anyone have any issues woth RPS?

Quick Reply: [Z06] anyone have any issues woth RPS?