Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Spotted my first C7Z out in the wild yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 11:04 AM
VetteVinnie
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,713 Likes on 1,089 Posts

Default Spotted my first C7Z out in the wild yesterday

Unfortunately I was in my Silverado and going the wrong direction. It's white with black accents. Actually looked pretty darn good despite my initial impressions of the C7 butt.

What was comical about it is there was an older Mustang (probably a 2003-2005) chasing it down to do a ricer flyby. Wasn't even on a highway, just a four lane road. No reaction from the C7Z owner. Looked like he still had paper tags, so might have been going through the break-in period.

With the weather warming up, I can't wait to play with one a bit. Need to do some final tuning tweaks and replace the clutch master cylinder first (losing pressure when it sits). Curious what ~650 naturally aspirated horses can do against ~650 supercharged. If the 1/4 mile times are any indication, should be a very interesting encounter. Might need some R compound tires sooner rather than later.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:22 AM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by EViL427
Unfortunately I was in my Silverado and going the wrong direction. It's white with black accents. Actually looked pretty darn good despite my initial impressions of the C7 butt.

What was comical about it is there was an older Mustang (probably a 2003-2005) chasing it down to do a ricer flyby. Wasn't even on a highway, just a four lane road. No reaction from the C7Z owner. Looked like he still had paper tags, so might have been going through the break-in period.

With the weather warming up, I can't wait to play with one a bit. Need to do some final tuning tweaks and replace the clutch master cylinder first (losing pressure when it sits). Curious what ~650 naturally aspirated horses can do against ~650 supercharged. If the 1/4 mile times are any indication, should be a very interesting encounter. Might need some R compound tires sooner rather than later.

I was going to ask if you saw it overheated on the side of the road, but it sounds like its below 86* ambient where you are.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:35 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by EViL427
Curious what ~650 naturally aspirated horses can do against ~650 supercharged. If the 1/4 mile times are any indication, should be a very interesting encounter. Might need some R compound tires sooner rather than later.
Betting you'd win; although, it's said the SCer heat soaks pretty fast.

Dropped by my local country Chevy store for quotes on new tires.
Surprised the bajebbers outa me my small town store had a '15 VY 2LZ w/ black stripes Z06 in their showroom. MSRP, $90,000. Four-five grand more than my '08 stickered for.

Their Corvette guy insisted I sit in the car, probably hoping against hope I might trade I guess.
Have to admit the '14 coup I'd tried on for size *seemed* a tighter fit while the '15 Z felt pretty darned comfortable.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:22 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

^ that extra 190 hp & 190 lb-ft tq feels a whole lot better !
Old 04-08-2015, 10:57 AM
VetteVinnie
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,713 Likes on 1,089 Posts

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
I was going to ask if you saw it overheated on the side of the road, but it sounds like its below 86* ambient where you are.
Not yet, but soon. Probably this weekend. Too bad rain is predicted all weekend.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:35 PM
OJCrush08
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MyLastCorvette
Driven properly you should not only hold your own, but likely edge the C-7 Z out. We are approximately 300 lbs lighter.

Now on a road course, C-6 Z stock; No way to keep up, if there is an experienced driver behind the wheel.
Stock, yes, especially with the GY crap tires. However, I think my 625 h/p '10 Z running the Johnny O'Connell suspension, Michelin Pilot SS tires and weighing in about 425 lbs less may another story. And after a few laps of that tiny blower spinning at 20,000 rpm in Spring & Summer temps, I suspect one car may start getting heat stroke.....

Get notified of new replies

To Spotted my first C7Z out in the wild yesterday

Quick Reply: [Z06] Spotted my first C7Z out in the wild yesterday