Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Z06 / Driver Killed Head On Collision

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 02:19 PM
tankengine
Water Well Doctor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by B747VET
First, thanks for stepping forward and encouraging folks to help out. This might be a good time to set some achievable goals for this group.

While there are perhaps 180,000 registered members on this Corvette Forum, 150,000 of those registered forum members likely won't even sign on here in the next 30-60 days. Heck, 15,000 to 40,000 of them have probably either passed away or haven't been on here in years. On the whole, we are certainly a well aged demographic.

As of right now, noon Central Time, there are only 900 people on this forum. So, you might perhaps have a total of 6,000 people on here throughout the day, many for just a very quick and very focused visit. 20% of that 6,000 "might" become aware of this cause. 10%'of those "might" donate something. That's maybe 120 donations. After 5 days you will have exhausted the cycle of new viewers that either will or won't commit to making a timely donation.

That's gonna add up to about 600 donors or $3,000 give or take. By any professional fund raiser standard that would be a very, very good outcome for this type of very arms length solicitation. A good response to this type of solicitation would normally run 2% to 3 % of those actually reached.

Please continue being a positive cheerleader and role model for this cause. You helped my wife and me to quickly decide to donate and we are grateful for your leadership.

Keep up the good work maybe folks on here will help you to double that number to $6,000 or more and that would be tremendous.
Thank you for your input,

As you can see I don't frequent forums often and know very little about the numbers involved.

But, maybe people who do see the writings will more feel the need to donate.

thanks again,

PS do you have a 747? I have a Citabria. LOL

tankengine
Old 01-17-2015, 07:50 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

What a tragedy for all 3 concerned, Campbell, Anderson and the Drunk Driver. Campbell is gone, Anderson is facing serious injuries and the Drunk's life is ruined.

Folks drinking isn't worth it. I would expect that our prison population would drop by more than half if you could take away the drinks or drugs that helped them do what they did to get incarcerated.

I would think the easiest best thing to do would be to have someone get a verified email for Campbell's family and Anderson, that has a PayPal account. Writing a check and sealing a letter and putting a stamp on it, is a big deal. Opening PayPal and sending it in is a no brainer. Also I would like to donate to both not just Anderson.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:30 PM
tankengine
Water Well Doctor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by pkincy
What a tragedy for all 3 concerned, Campbell, Anderson and the Drunk Driver. Campbell is gone, Anderson is facing serious injuries and the Drunk's life is ruined.

Folks drinking isn't worth it. I would expect that our prison population would drop by more than half if you could take away the drinks or drugs that helped them do what they did to get incarcerated.

I would think the easiest best thing to do would be to have someone get a verified email for Campbell's family and Anderson, that has a PayPal account. Writing a check and sealing a letter and putting a stamp on it, is a big deal. Opening PayPal and sending it in is a no brainer. Also I would like to donate to both not just Anderson.

I simply wrote a check and mailed it to the bank holding the funds for the Campbell's and then used my charge card for the same amount on the web site for the survivor Anderson---it was done.

Tankengine

(PLEASE DONATE)
Old 01-17-2015, 09:03 PM
BearZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 1,373 Likes on 793 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'22-'23

Get real, a big deal??? Just do it.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:02 AM
Vette @ 71
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 01-18-2015, 12:52 PM
DON T.
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Painrace
How do we get the info to all Forum members, not just those looking at the C6Z06?

Jim
how can i help..heartbreaking...
Old 01-19-2015, 04:58 PM
tankengine
Water Well Doctor
Support Corvetteforum!

Default fund request

Originally Posted by MyLastCorvette
....^ ^ ^
Mister "Tankengine" Sir; Realizing you were likely just kidding with your "Tight ***" remark. I have a suggestion for you. Why don't you make it your personal mission to get "Pay Pal" accounts set up. I dropped a check in the mail for the family of the deceased. I am not familiar with "Go fund" and don't use a Visa on the Internet. I have used "Pay Pal" successfully for years; Please provide an account, and I will provide additional funds...My Last Corvette
Thank you for the suggestion. And you are right, I was joking.

I'm not all that savvy on things like this, however I will go to my bank and ask if they know of a bank (other than mine) that has all of the states branches so as to make donors more comfortable and find out how hard it is to make this happen.

I did ask my bank a few days ago if for instance there was such a thing as setting up an account that could benefit only the named recipient but could also be shown like a ticker on a page on the internet for anyone to see. They said "no". I don't understand that.

It seems like that would stir interest which would and could increase donations.

I'll do this when I get back from east Texas. I'm going fishing for a couple of days.

But, in the mean time,

everyone, PLEASE DONATE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2015, 12:48 PM
ThrottleRanch
Instructor

Originally Posted by Minkster
Jesus, so sorry to read this. Gives me shivers thinking that was my old C6Z
I just saw that you posted this. I sent you an email directly so disregard.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:31 PM
greendot
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by duramaxsky
One tip is not to drive in the left lane at night. Drunks normally think they are driving slow so they stay in the right lane. That would be the left lane if you are going the right way. And if you are following someone else and they move right you may not have time once you see why. A tip my aunts husband who was CHP gave me. And driving trucks for years at night every wrong way car I ever saw was in the left lane. And I have seen several of them. They come up fast and until they are close it's not clear they are on the wrong side in the dark until they are right there. Being in a truck I am normally in the right lane but it still scares the $h!t out of you.
Was going to post the same thing, but it bears repeating.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:11 PM
BearZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 1,373 Likes on 793 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'22-'23

Just a bump for something we all should do. Together we can make a difference.

Please guys if you haven't taken time to donate please do. It is very little for us but would be a big help to the families if enough of us do it. I know the younger guys like to do everything electronically so just get an envelope and stamp from your mom or grandmom if you don't have them. If you can do more than $5 great if not just do something!

Thanks

Originally Posted by AZDANZ06
Memorial contributions can be made to:

The Michael Wayne Campbell Memorial Fund,
Bank of Edmonson Co.
P.O. Box 99, Brownsville, KY 42210

Go Fund Me for the surviving passenger Terry Anderson:

http://www.gofundme.com/k1ol5c

His Wife is on Facebook, if you would like to send her a message of support/condolences as well:

https://www.facebook.com/melinda.campbell.5
Old 01-21-2015, 12:26 PM
AZDANZ06
Drifting

Received 145 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by BearZ06
Just a bump for something we all should do. Together we can make a difference.

Please guys if you haven't taken time to donate please do. It is very little for us but would be a big help to the families if enough of us do it. I know the younger guys like to do everything electronically so just get an envelope and stamp from your mom or grandmom if you don't have them. If you can do more than $5 great if not just do something!

Thanks
Watch this news clip about Terry Anderson, if I were in his position, outpouring of help from the outside world would be welcome:

http://wate.com/2015/01/12/family-of...s-for-prayers/
Old 01-24-2015, 02:23 AM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 289 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by duramaxsky
He may have been following someone who swerved at the last miniute to miss her. At that speed distance goes fast. Two at 60 head on is 120.
This. I was one of those figuring it should be easy to avoid a situation like this when I first read about this accident.
Gf was driving us home from dinner the other night. We were both 100% sober. Driving in the center lane about 60ish mph on a road that is 3 lanes a side. The car we were following swerved to reveal a car stopped yet pointed the wrong way right in front of us. Gf slammed the brakes and switched lanes. Not a big deal other than spooky, but if the other car was moving we would've hit for sure. Simply not enough time to react. I think the car lost it on ice. People actually standing around the car for some reason.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:03 PM
vettemerica
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackonblacksls
It happens offten.

Happen to the guy across the street from where I was raised. But he was the drunk one.

Seen it at least a few more times in the local news Aswell.

When cops spend all their time harassing the guy leaving the bar After having two beers, it leaves a lot of time for the actual over the top drunk people to do damage like this.
OMG this reminds me...circa 2005 I was in my truck and saw this car coming at me head on in my lane, AND THE ROAD WAS PHYSICALLY DIVIDED! SMH
Old 02-10-2015, 10:42 PM
wolf8218
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's the perp
Old 02-11-2015, 12:05 AM
Minkster
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06R
I just saw that you posted this. I sent you an email directly so disregard.
No worries, just tragic and senseless.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Z06 / Driver Killed Head On Collision