Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Collector Car Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 07:49 PM
GlennSullivan
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 67 Posts

Default Collector Car Insurance

Hi All
For the last 15 years we have used American Collectors Insurance. Reasonable rates good service for our 4 fun cars (06Z06, Gen4Viper and 2Mustang Cobras). Just got a notice from American Collectors that they are getting out of the CC biz.

Interested in knowing what companies everyone is using for their late model collector car insurance.

Thanks in advance
Old 11-04-2014, 10:31 AM
Viz
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used them for over 20 years. Just checked their website and so far there's nothing posted about dropping CC coverage. Did they say in your notice whether or not they would continue your policy until the renewal date?

** Update ** I just called them and they said they are still in the business, and some policy holders were on an old carrier and they are switching those policies over to their new carrier, American Bankers. She assured me that no one's coverage is being dropped. Hope that helps.

Viz

Last edited by Viz; 11-04-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:12 PM
DickAry
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might try American National Property and Casualty (ANPAC). They have a policy called CHROME, Custom Hot Rod .... They're covering my 11Z as a collector.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:21 PM
valet_devil
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm considering switching from USAA, mostly due to their high rate. One of my concerns is that a traditional insurance company like USAA will only give me money to replace a 1LZ 2011 Z06 instead of a 1 of 252 $100k variant.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:50 AM
flyinlow427vette
Instructor

I had great service through the Corvette Museum, and Adam Boca. That said, I'm now with Philadelphia Insurance Companies which is associated with Grundy. For me the advantages were unlimited mileage yearly, and Grundy took my 4 collector motorcycles as well, although I'm told mine are grandfathered, but they are no longer taking bikes. I pay about $250 a year for my Z06, no tix, no accidents or claims, and 6 vehicles on the collector policy.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:51 AM
flyinlow427vette
Instructor

Originally Posted by valet_devil
I'm considering switching from USAA, mostly due to their high rate. One of my concerns is that a traditional insurance company like USAA will only give me money to replace a 1LZ 2011 Z06 instead of a 1 of 252 $100k variant.
I ditched USAA a few years ago. They just weren't competitive, even for my daily drivers. Especially not competitive for my 6 collector vehicles. I now have Safeco (Liberty Mutual) for my DD's, and Philly (Grundy) for my cc's.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:01 PM
jedblanks
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by flyinlow427vette
I had great service through the Corvette Museum, and Adam Boca. That said, I'm now with Philadelphia Insurance Companies which is associated with Grundy. For me the advantages were unlimited mileage yearly, and Grundy took my 4 collector motorcycles as well, although I'm told mine are grandfathered, but they are no longer taking bikes. I pay about $250 a year for my Z06, no tix, no accidents or claims, and 6 vehicles on the collector policy.

NCM insurance or amig was always good to me. Had one claim it it was taken care of properly, with no change in rates.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:26 PM
GlennSullivan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Viz
I've used them for over 20 years. Just checked their website and so far there's nothing posted about dropping CC coverage. Did they say in your notice whether or not they would continue your policy until the renewal date?

** Update ** I just called them and they said they are still in the business, and some policy holders were on an old carrier and they are switching those policies over to their new carrier, American Bankers. She assured me that no one's coverage is being dropped. Hope that helps.

Viz
Yes that is what they are doing, but I think it is a ploy to "raise the rates" because you need to do a full application and our pricing came back a few hundred higher than we are currently paying and the only claim we had in 15 years was a broken windshield in 2011
Old 11-12-2014, 01:40 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Originally Posted by GlennSullivan
Yes that is what they are doing, but I think it is a ploy to "raise the rates" because you need to do a full application and our pricing came back a few hundred higher than we are currently paying and the only claim we had in 15 years was a broken windshield in 2011
I have two cars on regular insurance and two cars on agreed value collector car insurance(plus my home) with State Farm. With all the discounts, my premiums are very good.
Old 11-12-2014, 02:37 PM
GlennSullivan
Burning Brakes

I ran our numbers on Grundy and it comes out to about what we are currently paying.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:30 PM
slingshot60
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GlennSullivan
This. American Collectors raised my rates on my 'new' policy by 40%... been with them since 1993 with no claims. I'm now looking around for something better.

Get notified of new replies

To Collector Car Insurance

Quick Reply: [Z06] Collector Car Insurance