Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Vengeance Racing in Atlanta saved the day and my vacation

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 06:21 PM
jburt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vengeance Racing in Atlanta saved the day and my vacation

I live in south Alabama and have no good shops in my area so on my way home from Gatlinburg, Tn I stopped in Cumming, Ga to have Vengeance Racing tune my car that I've had for 3 months and has just never seemed to run right mainly at low rpm. Half way to Gatlinburg on Mon I pulled in a gas station and heard something pop in the rear of the car. I've never heard this before but I thought it may of had something to do w the extra weight in the back ( wks worth of luggage and all 10 pairs of my wife's shoes. Over the last few days the popping sound got more frequent mainly over bumps. I also noticed that the car seemed to be sitting lower in the rear but again the luggage. I told the guys at Vegeance about this noise and after tuning the car they put the car on the rack and found the rear mono leaf was broken and beginning to splinter. HOLY CRAP! The rear of my car was literally be on held up by a thread. So I'm 6 hrs from home and screwed right? WRONG!! Luckily they had one they had taken off a car they had built. They sold it to me at a more than fair price and got me back on the road. I'm not sure if anyone from Vegeance monitors this site but I wanted to let everyone know how awesome these guys are. I highly reccommend them to anyone near Atlanta. Their shop is badass and they know everything corvette. Thanks again Vegeance Racing for saving my day and vacation. The tune is spot on btw too!
Old 09-11-2014, 07:45 PM
DaOtherOne
Melting Slicks

Received 175 Likes on 138 Posts

Sounds like a first rate shop
Old 09-11-2014, 10:38 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

Old 09-12-2014, 12:23 AM
Mark2009
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Always nice to hear a happy ending

Vengeance has a very good rep around here, lot of the Z06 members have had them do the cylinder head swap and were very happy with the operation.

Funny about the shoes
Old 09-12-2014, 08:14 AM
tascar7
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Old 09-12-2014, 08:28 AM
DON T.
Drifting

Great Story with happy ending... Ditto about the shoes
Old 09-12-2014, 10:00 AM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

Thank you for the kind words sir! We strive for the highest level of service as well as helping anyone in need. We appreciate the positive feedback and wish you safe travels!
Old 09-12-2014, 10:33 AM
RekjavicXXX
Instructor

You're definitely in great hands with the Vengeance Racing crew!
Had a similar experience on our trip from Texas out to the Vengeance facility to drop off our C7 for a VR SC750 build. The haul truck developed a strong miss that had grown progressively worse by the time we arrived in Cumming. After unloading the car, Ron (owner) personally grabbed a tool cart, popped the hood and went to work (very late on a Friday evening, mind you). Considering we were so far from home, it was more than reassuring knowing the VR family was committed to our safe return trip home.
There aren't enough props are kudos in the world for this incredible group of people.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:24 PM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Location: Daytona Beach/ Atlanta---- Good Ol' Florida Boy/ Georgia
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Definitely great group of guys at vengeance.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:35 PM
Turbotank
Instructor

One word that always comes to the top when describing Ron and the guys at Vengeance is Family. It doesnt matter if you're spending a dollar or thousands of dollars those guys have the best customer service. Glad to see you got it back on the road! Next time while it might be tough she needs to limit the shoes to 4 pair max haha
Old 10-27-2014, 10:32 AM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks for all the kind words guys!!! Feedback like this lets us know we are doing the right thing

Get notified of new replies

To Vengeance Racing in Atlanta saved the day and my vacation

Quick Reply: [Z06] Vengeance Racing in Atlanta saved the day and my vacation