Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] What do you guys think about using NPP Mufflers on LG LT Headers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 06:35 AM
rob20rx7
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default What do you guys think about using NPP Mufflers on LG LT Headers?

I have a 2009 Z06, Just installed the LG Pro 1 7/8 Headers with cat deletes and GT4 Exhaust.... Way too loud for me! LOL that drone at 2000-3500 rpm is terrible.

Im thinking my options are maybe the Billy boat Fusions and add the LG Cats to the system.

Also thinking about maybe just putting back on the OEM mufflers

anyone done that? how do you like it?

thanks!
RoB
Old 08-14-2014, 07:41 AM
ctsv510
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have American Racing headers and x-pipe mated to the OEM axle back and I love it. Not as loud as aftermarket but it sounds great with the headers and the ability to turn the sound on and off with a flip of a button is priceless. I keep the flaps open the majority of the time and only close them on long highway trips to kill the drone. People say they hear me coming from far away yet it's not obnoxious. I haven't justified the price tag on an aftermarket dual mode system.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:48 AM
DaOtherOne
Melting Slicks

Received 175 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by ctsv510
I have American Racing headers and x-pipe mated to the OEM axle back and I love it. Not as loud as aftermarket but it sounds great with the headers and the ability to turn the sound on and off with a flip of a button is priceless. I keep the flaps open the majority of the time and only close them on long highway trips to kill the drone. People say they hear me coming from far away yet it's not obnoxious. I haven't justified the price tag on an aftermarket dual mode system.

I have the same configuration along with a Torquer 110 cam and it is plenty loud with the flaps open.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:12 AM
pikemike428
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ctsv510

Same setup i have. Definitely drone on the highway with flaps open, but closed you are good. Love the sound!
Old 08-14-2014, 08:21 AM
rob20rx7
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the quick info guys! I think thats the way im going to go. just going to put back my OEM.

what do you guys think about adding Cats? should I buy the LG cats?
Old 08-14-2014, 08:39 AM
DaOtherOne
Melting Slicks

Received 175 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by rob20rx7
Thanks for the quick info guys! I think thats the way im going to go. just going to put back my OEM.

what do you guys think about adding Cats? should I buy the LG cats?
The cats don't impact HP/TQ much and the car will not smell so I say go for it.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:25 AM
ClarksZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

I like the way mine sounds but kinda wish I would of gone with cats. They provide a smoother refined sound. Mine sounds a bit more raw. I may add them at some point. But Lg headers sound great with stock mufflers.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:27 AM
markzeronine
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm about to slap some longtubes on with my oem z06 dual mode. From what I understand it sounds fantastic. For some reason if it's too quiet you can do the "z06 muffler mod" and you'll get all the noise you want and still retain dual mode quietness
Old 08-14-2014, 12:32 PM
SmokinZ
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Torquer 116 cam, Padft Long Tube, catted X-pipe and ZR1 mufflers. It is a awesome setup with lots of compliments. The valves are fully functional and is nice to have the ability if control. When they are open you can tell and when it WOT they are mean.

Get notified of new replies

To What do you guys think about using NPP Mufflers on LG LT Headers?

Quick Reply: [Z06] What do you guys think about using NPP Mufflers on LG LT Headers?