Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Unable to reset TPMS on my 2013 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 03:37 PM
ACI NY
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Unable to reset TPMS on my 2013 Z06

Hello All

Purchased an extra Rim & Tire set from a vendor on this site about two months ago.

Just put this new set on the car for an upcoming HPDE and I am unable to reset the TPMS. I'm using a ATEQ VT5 reset tool which was purchased from Tire Rack a couple years ago. This tool worked fine for my 2009 Z06 and for the OEM Tires/Rims that came with my current 2013 Z06.

Any idea(s) why it's not resetting? Did GM put out any new sensors lately? I'm following the directions correctly and the battery in the tool is new.

Figured I'd ask for some input before contacting the vendor. I wouldnt think the sensor batteries would be dead already - would they?

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-03-2014, 03:50 PM
erick_e
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 93 Likes on 71 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16

The sensors may have went into sleep mode. Drive it around the block and try again.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:21 PM
ACI NY
Intermediate

Originally Posted by erick_e
The sensors may have went into sleep mode. Drive it around the block and try again.
Thanks, but didnt work....
Old 08-03-2014, 05:54 PM
erick_e
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 93 Likes on 71 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16

GM did change the sensors and receiver in 2010. So they need to be the correct year, either 2005-2009, or 2010-2013.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:53 PM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

You need to make sure which sensor is installed in the set up. It might not have one if they were purchased explicitly for off roading.

Find which color the sensor is if you can ask the vendor.

Your tool should work if it worked on your '13 (OEM) setup. If the sensor is there, if it's green, then your tool will not work....you won't need a tool at all.

Also, I had new sensors installed and one went bad the next day and another two weeks later. I think there are the Chinese sensors (like what was installed in my Yukon wheels I had found out) and then the others made in US and Germany. Those are a few bucks more each but better quality.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:07 PM
ACI NY
Intermediate

Thanks guys! The vendor is having me try some things to make it work. I'll chime-back with the results....
Old 08-04-2014, 08:13 PM
ACI NY
Intermediate

Turns out that Non GM sensors were installed in the rims. That's why they wouldnt reset to the car using the tool as usual.

Anyway, the vendor was very good in helping me rectify the matter and everything's working fine now.

For anyone interested, following are the instructions used for syncing these type sensors without using a reset hand tool.

Relearn Code: GM-11
Relearn Procedures: IMPORTANT: Before following the relearn procedure, please be sure to move the old sensors at least one hundred feet away from the car.

1. Apply parking brake. Turn ignition to ON position (engine off)
2. Press and hold unlock and lock buttons on the keyless entry transmitter until horn sounds, and then LF turn signal will become illuminated.
3. Starting with LF tire, increase/decrease tire pressure until horn sounds.
4. After horn sounds proceed as in step 5 for the next 3 sensors in the following order: RF RR LR After completing LR tire horn will sound twice.
5. Turn ignition to OFF position to exit vehicle learn mode. Adjust all tires to pressure listed on the placard.

Get notified of new replies

To Unable to reset TPMS on my 2013 Z06

Quick Reply: [Z06] Unable to reset TPMS on my 2013 Z06