Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] AUSSIE ZR1 GOES 10.3 and 147.8

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 08:35 PM
billy z06
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AUSSIE ZR1 GOES 10.3 and 147.8

Took my Zr1 to Eastern Creek raceway in Sydney Australiafor the first time ever .(right hand drive). First pass out with no nitrous on nitto nt05r was 10.5 143.5had a 75 shot hooked up but the nitrous wouldn't activate. This pass was done with about 4 degrees of timing out of the car.we hot lapped it literally went again and did pretty much exactly the same. Third pass the nitrous controller was on and off but went 10.3 146.5 last pass I think my mechanic tried something different and it blazed all through first and second but nitrous fell away again went just under 148. Nitrous express we're awesome we rang them on the way home and they sent a controller no questions asked out to me
DANNY and the crew at lethal were great to deal with and were and have been always there to answer my stupid questions
And my mate and mechanic jake edwards from jakes performnce for tuning my car.next time out its going to go 150 plus.Its also pretty much my daily drive even on drag radials in the rain

Mods
Lethal performance cam
Headers american racing
102 mm throttle body
2.6 pulley and od balancer
Katech heat exchanger
Lingenfelter snout
Injectors 127 pound
Tuned with flex fuel sensor

Next will be ported blower and custom air intake
Then it's done... Maybe a 100 shot.

Joe (billy)

Last edited by billy z06; 08-01-2014 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Adding extra
Old 08-01-2014, 10:32 PM
McRat
Instructor

Originally Posted by billy z06
Took my Zr1 to Eastern Creek raceway in Sydney Australiafor the first time ever .(right hand drive). First pass out with no nitrous on nitto nt05r was 10.5 143.5had a 75 shot hooked up but the nitrous wouldn't activate. This pass was done with about 4 degrees of timing out of the car.we hot lapped it literally went again and did pretty much exactly the same. Third pass the nitrous controller was on and off but went 10.3 146.5 last pass I think my mechanic tried something different and it blazed all through first and second but nitrous fell away again went just under 148. Nitrous express we're awesome we rang them on the way home and they sent a controller no questions asked out to me
DANNY and the crew at lethal were great to deal with and were and have been always there to answer my stupid questions
And my mate and mechanic jake edwards from jakes performnce for tuning my car.next time out its going to go 150 plus.Its also pretty much my daily drive even on drag radials in the rain

Mods
Lethal performance cam
Headers american racing
102 mm throttle body
Katech heat exchanger
Lingenfelter snout
Injectors 127 pound

Joe (billy)
Congrats!

What size rims and tires? How were the 60 foot times?.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:17 AM
ace32x
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Mods
Lethal performance cam
Headers american racing
102 mm throttle body
Katech heat exchanger
Lingenfelter snout
Injectors 127 pound

Joe (billy)
crank that thing up, spraying a 200 on mine
Old 08-02-2014, 01:40 AM
billy z06
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Nitto nt05r tyres 60 foot 1.91.if the gas works properly should go 150 to 152.we are still on stock fuel system except injectors.its basically out of pump and I don't want to muck around with fuel systems unless there is an easy add on.Would love to be able to spray 150 but I'm going to do a special air intake and then maybe port the blower will post some photos of the car soon. Right hand conversion is amazing it drives and looks factory.but for now just nitrous fixed
Old 08-02-2014, 02:14 AM
ace32x
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Nitto nt05r tyres 60 foot 1.91.if the gas works properly should go 150 to 152.we are still on stock fuel system except injectors.its basically out of pump and I don't want to muck around with fuel systems unless there is an easy add on.Would love to be able to spray 150 but I'm going to do a special air intake and then maybe port the blower will post some photos of the car soon. Right hand conversion is amazing it drives and looks factory.but for now just nitrous fixed
are you pulling off the rails? i did a fuel cell for mine so we didnt have to mess with the pump. stock with injectors and then dedicated fuel for the sauce.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:54 AM
Aussie Vet
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome results, not many C6 vettes here ever get track time....

I have never been to the track and had another vette turn up....

Be good to see another one there...
Old 08-02-2014, 07:31 AM
billy z06
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

That's a great set up in the back with the extra cell.i just want to be able to accidentally use it on the street when I roll race if I come up against a tough customer. Was thinking of some type of booster pump that's inline or externalI don't think ill be going back to eastern creek as there is no way ill cage and parachute it. Might try a different track once it's sorted. Need a 9 and 150 plus
Old 08-02-2014, 08:48 AM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

in what kind of weather? degrees and humidity. Congrats on the pass, im sure they're ain't too many ZR1's up there!
I hope bringing mine around next time i'll up there! Its not gonna happen though or is it....

Last edited by timmyZ06; 08-02-2014 at 08:53 AM.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:51 AM
McRat
Instructor

That's a great set up in the back with the extra cell.i just want to be able to accidentally use it on the street when I roll race if I come up against a tough customer. Was thinking of some type of booster pump that's inline or externalI don't think ill be going back to eastern creek as there is no way ill cage and parachute it. Might try a different track once it's sorted. Need a 9 and 150 plus
Not all lift pumps flow when they fail.

Make sure you use a pump that flows when off.

On a gentle 1.9 sixty, there is about 1 g of acceleration, which means the car is effectively standing up at a 45° deg angle. It's trying to push fuel up about 4 feet into the air. It's why you see cars get richer at the big end of the strip, and why KR sometimes only occurs in the first couple gears.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:15 PM
ss2z06
Melting Slicks

Received 439 Likes on 330 Posts

Mods
Lethal performance cam
Headers american racing
102 mm throttle body
Katech heat exchanger
Lingenfelter snout
Injectors 127 pound

Joe (billy)
Sounds like a good night! We have pretty similar mods. (Minus the nitrous) which cam are you running? Have you dyno'd the car?
Old 08-02-2014, 06:26 PM
billy z06
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Pass was at night at like 15 or 16 Celsius. Don't know the rest.
Danny from lethal performance sent me the cam. Without a nitrous tune in it I'm sure we could see around 146mph without nitrous
Old 08-02-2014, 07:22 PM
Brandon619
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by timmyZ06
in what kind of weather? degrees and humidity. Congrats on the pass, im sure they're ain't too many ZR1's down there!
I hope bringing mine around next time i'll up there! Its not gonna happen though or is it....
Fixed it for you, OP congrats on the pass
Old 08-07-2014, 11:51 AM
croatbob
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

what was the cost of getn it road ready in oz?
Old 08-07-2014, 12:02 PM
billy z06
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

I bought it with 500 miles on it for just under 180k
They guy who bought it in paid around 250k
3zr2011 Zr1
Around 110 k us plus taxes to oz
Plus 67 for a conversion to right hand drive(looks drives factory)
Plus 33percent luxury car tax ON THE WHOLE AMOUNT UP TILL THAT POINT!!!
Billy
Old 08-07-2014, 02:31 PM
croatbob
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I bought it with 500 miles on it for just under 180k
They guy who bought it in paid around 250k
3zr2011 Zr1
Around 110 k us plus taxes to oz
Plus 67 for a conversion to right hand drive(looks drives factory)
Plus 33percent luxury car tax ON THE WHOLE AMOUNT UP TILL THAT POINT!!!
Billy
holey bat ****! glad i moved to the usa lol. its half the price here.

Get notified of new replies

To AUSSIE ZR1 GOES 10.3 and 147.8

Quick Reply: [ZR1] AUSSIE ZR1 GOES 10.3 and 147.8