Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] 4200 miles in 13 days in a Z

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 10:55 PM
markzeronine
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, you guys are much more adventurous than I am. I'm debating on taking my 14k mile garage queen just a few hundred miles to visit a buddy of mine. Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-04-2014, 05:41 PM
zeeohsix
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love to see people enjoying and driving their Z's! Those pictures are fantastic, and I think I will start making plans myself. Thanks.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:13 PM
Kneel 8250
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Originally Posted by markzeronine
Wow, you guys are much more adventurous than I am. I'm debating on taking my 14k mile garage queen just a few hundred miles to visit a buddy of mine. Thanks for sharing!
I don't consider myself adventurous. I look after the car. On Mobil1 5W30 Oil we did lots of Oil changes. Especially before and after Track days. I changed to a better quality oil once out of warranty.
Keep the RPM's between 1200 and 6500 when in gear. If possible between 1500 and 6200 to minimize valve problems. You can hear the engine "rattle" at both low and high RPM's so avoid that.
Wiggle test if you have concerns and measure. Wiggle test after another 10000 miles so you know what the wear rate is. If you are paranoid then do the wiggle test sooner.
The valve train is designed to a minimum standard so if you replace the Cam make sure you upgrade the associated components.
GM tunes these engines rich for a reason.
Warm the engine up to at least an oil temp of 100F before you start driving each and every time.
There are no guarantees in life so enjoy it and deal with whatever happens in the knowledge that you are doing the best for you and your level of knowledge.
If you have doubts seek people with knowledge in that area and talk to them.

There are people who will disagree with me and that is fine with me.

Have a great day and enjoy your "Z". They are meant to be driven.

Kneel.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:26 PM
Tinkerbell_in_Texas
Team Owner

Location: There goes another beautiful theory about to be murdered by a brutal gang of facts. American in AUS.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '14

Taking the Z anywhere gives us more opportunities to meet and talk with people (we kind of stand out a bit more than normal *cough*)

On our way home we spent one night in Provo UT. After we'd gone in for the night another Corvette came in. The next morning as we were cleaning the car the other owner came out to clean their car. I notice they were using the same brand detail spray we use so went over and struck up a conversation.............45 minutes later...........
That's the really great thing about the Corvette community. Always willing to take a few minutes to talk about our cars and other things!

Quick Reply: [Z06] 4200 miles in 13 days in a Z