Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Luck finally ran out

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2020, 12:59 PM
9sec
Melting Slicks

Received 730 Likes on 477 Posts

since im bored and doing launde=ry here's a story.
bought a m/b amg in Las Vegas. flew out to pick it up and drive it back. arrived on sat bought the car and with a bill of sale ,the title signed over, a temp plate from Nevada dmv (placed in the front pass windshield as per Nevada rules) insurance paperwork I headed home. coming into Little Rock ar on Sunday I pass a unmarked car on the shoulder and he comes out after me. mind you im not speeding but no plate on the rear of the car. by the time he gets to my passenger side window I have all the documents out and ready along with my license. he takes it all back to his car and 20 minutes later he issues a warning. I asked why? he said because I didn't have a permanent plate on the back of the car. I then asked how it would be physically possible for me to buy a car in Vegas on sat drive it 1800 miles and get a tn permanent plate by Sunday to meet his requirements. he snarked "thats why your getting a warning". what a dick. he should have looked at everything and said have a nice day enjoy the new car.
Old 02-24-2021, 03:00 PM
2vettes
Le Mans Master

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by dmuellenberg
SD also has a 2 plate requirement, so technically I was also breaking that state's law. I have done a little research and while there are conflicting opinions it looks like a lot of lawyers say that you have to abide by the laws of the state you are driving in. However, if you are from a state that doesn't require a front plate and you get a ticket in a state that does require one, you 'may' be able to have the fine reduced or the ticket dismissed but it would be up to a judge.
That’s not logical. You can’t put on a front plate if your state only issued one. There is no way to comply with a two-plate state you’re driving through.
The following users liked this post:
1972bluelt1 (02-24-2021)
Old 02-26-2021, 03:22 AM
9sec
Melting Slicks

Received 730 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by 2vettes
That’s not logical. You can’t put on a front plate if your state only issued one. There is no way to comply with a two-plate state you’re driving through.
Bought a m/b in Vegas. Left the state w/temp tag bill of sale clear title signed over to me insurance paperwork. Pulled over in Arkansas for not having a permanent tag 24 hrs after I bought the car. Driving from Vegas to Nashville home destination. Asked the cop why I was getting a warning since I had everything needed to legally drive the car, he asked if I wanted a ticket. I asked how he thought I could get a permanent tag in less than 24 hrs in another state 1800 miles away he said it wasn't his problem
Old 02-26-2021, 10:41 AM
grinder11
Race Director

Received 3,605 Likes on 2,556 Posts

Originally Posted by 9sec
Bought a m/b in Vegas. Left the state w/temp tag bill of sale clear title signed over to me insurance paperwork. Pulled over in Arkansas for not having a permanent tag 24 hrs after I bought the car. Driving from Vegas to Nashville home destination. Asked the cop why I was getting a warning since I had everything needed to legally drive the car, he asked if I wanted a ticket. I asked how he thought I could get a permanent tag in less than 24 hrs in another state 1800 miles away he said it wasn't his problem
Typical out-to-change-the-world-I'll show you who's boss, jerk cop!!!
Old 02-26-2021, 10:45 AM
drewz06
thing knower
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 926 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by grinder11
Typical out-to-change-the-world-I'll show you who's boss, jerk cop!!!
TECHNICALLY i'm sure he's right.... and most likely trying to bust drug smugglers or something.... also, guys out there with nothing better to do, i'm sure makes for an easy target....

**** down here i passed a trooper at 95 in a 70 and he just pulled up next to me to get me to slow down... didn't light up or anything

i'm sure i'll get a ticket this weekend though now that i said something
Old 02-26-2021, 03:25 PM
2vettes
Le Mans Master

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by 9sec
They can even issue tickets for made up violations, but judge/magistrate can dismiss them.
Old 07-12-2022, 04:59 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 261 Likes on 182 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

In Kentucky, they have no sense of humor. I am very happy with top gun. I wanted "AZ KIKR", but it was deemed not appropriate. geeze.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Luck finally ran out