Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Vette Show in Biloxi MS

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 06:21 AM
JwT
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Vette Show in Biloxi MS

Well I took the time to go to the gulf coast corvette car show in Biloxi MS yesterday. There were quite a few vettes including 4 C7 cars. All in all I think there were at least 60 or more for the viewing public. Some of the owners were very open and a few didn't want to be bothered by non vette owners. I did get a good look at the C7's and for the most part the owners were very rude and I wasn't sold on the car being the next best super vette. I did manage to talk to one of the owners and the feeling I got was that all the C7 cars should have been roped off in the center so that people could drool from a distance.

It was like hey I just dropped over 60k on this awesome ride and if you want I'll let you lick the tires. I didn't bring the 07 and I'm glad I left it home. I just don't get the poor attitude from the newer car owners. I did manage to talk to some Z owners including Randy from Ragin Racing. Man what an awesome car he brought. An Atomic Orange Z sporting 1005 hp. Had to be the bad a$$ car there but you could have bought a new home for the cash he had in it.

Last edited by JwT; 11-03-2013 at 06:23 AM.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:23 AM
teking
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JwT
I did manage to talk to one of the owners and the feeling I got was that all the C7 cars should have been roped off in the center so that people could drool from a distance.
Pompus asses. People who live through their cars are such losers. That is why I don't go to car shows or participate in car clubs anymore. Some of them think the car makes the man. Idiots. As you found out .. it's the attitude and actions that make the man.

Makes you want to walk down the side of their car with a key. LOL - whoops how's my attitude right now
Old 11-03-2013, 10:35 AM
ZedNought6
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Ya know, I'm relatively new to the vette scene. But, I will say that The only interaction I have had with C7 owners has been on the road. Usually passing going the other way. All of them have been older men (not younger like GM targeted), and either it takes all of their mental faculties to just drive the car, or a Z06 is just not worthy of a wave. I've never been to car shows and cars and coffee, mostly because at 37 i fall outside the demographic and I don't think that on a social level it would be a good match.

I've never snubbed anybody that wanted to talk vettes, look at my car or go for a ride. I've let coworkers take their kids for a ride, because their kids were into vettes. A vette has been my dream car since the 90's. It sure is a sweet car, but I'm still just a college proff (not 007) and it is still a car (not the starship enterprise). I don't get why people have to crap all over other people over a thing. If they had a vehicle commensurate to their personalities they'd have a smart car or a BMX bike.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:40 AM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Received 942 Likes on 686 Posts

Funny thing is...the new C7 will eventually be as plentiful and abundant as the base C6 is now. You will see them everywhere...probably get tired of seeing them everywhere, and the owners will all realize after losing dozens of races to stock ZO6's (or hell, even modded base C6's) that their snooty attitude will be the focal point of laughter. It's just a base model corvette. Always will be. The same thing happened to the mustang in 05 and the camaro when it was reintroduced. At first everyone was like "oh cool, that's what they look like"...and six months later, it becomes so abundant that they're nothing special. Then the owner realizes that they just spent 60-70 grand on a boring car.

Get notified of new replies

To Vette Show in Biloxi MS

Quick Reply: [Z06] Vette Show in Biloxi MS