Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] DashLogic display controller for ZR1

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 07:24 PM
0PalmerPerformance
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DashLogic display controller for ZR1

DashLogic is the most advanced way of displaying vehicle data to date. There is nothing to install, no programing, no changes to your vehicle in any way. Simply plug in the DashLogic device to your vehicles OBD-II port and DashLogic turns your factory dashboard display into a fully customizable gauge canvas. See all of the data your vehicle has to offer on your Driver Information Center or Head-Up Display. DashLogic doesn't stop there, you can also customize visual and audible alerts that you set to any condition for any vehicle value, fully customizable by you. Just in case your car doesn't have a sensor for a value you would like to watch, DashLogic also has two auxiliary inputs so you can add up to two aftermarket sensors to be viewed on your DIC or HUD as well as be used for alerts. The DashLogic alerts system is a very advanced tool, this is not your run of the mill type of simple alert that only watches one value. DashLogic will take into account several conditions for one alert, all of those conditions fully customizable by you.

Here are some ZR1 specific PIDs that are available in addition to all of the normal Corvette PIDs

Palmer Performance Engineering
http://www.palmerperformance.com/sto...products_id=76

We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Thank You

Last edited by PalmerPerformance; 10-10-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:25 AM
gkzr1
Drifting

Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts

Are IAT 2s one of the pre programmed PIDs?
Old 10-11-2013, 01:07 AM
0PalmerPerformance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by gkzr1
Are IAT 2s one of the pre programmed PIDs?
Yes, that is one of the PIDs available.

Last edited by PalmerPerformance; 10-11-2013 at 01:10 AM.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:24 AM
ace32x
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

can it display multiple values at the same time? ie iat temps and say air to fuel ratio?
Old 10-11-2013, 07:03 AM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

What sensors could I expect from factory on the zr1? This is really interesting. Can i still use my HUD in street mode with that plugged in?

Last edited by timmyZ06; 10-11-2013 at 07:14 AM.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:58 AM
ZBADESTZ@Straightline
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How many can be viewed at once?

Is this with dash command?

Can you split hud and dic with different pids?
Old 10-11-2013, 08:00 AM
barduch
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default compatibility

Looks like a great product. Is it compatible with the Dashtronix radar display unit that also plugs into the OBD-II port if a splitter is used? My Dashtronix is the model that displays the Valentine 1 information on both the HUD and DIC. If there is a way to make that work I'd like to order a unit.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:40 AM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by PalmerPerformance
Yes, that is one of the PIDs available.

Couldn't determine from your website whether the reference to "available" really meant "included"?
Old 10-11-2013, 10:53 AM
0PalmerPerformance
Former Vendor

It is not DashCommand, DashCommand is an app for a smartphone, this unit is standalone with no other hardware needed. You can put as many PIDs to be viewed as the display allows characters. 20 characters on the DIC, 16 charaters on the HUD and two lines on the HUD. We use the lock button to cycle pages, so you can have different PIDs for 8 pages of display data, then there are 3 profile switches that you can set to different PIDs on each profile. All 3 profiles can have different layouts and different alerts set. You can toggle DashLogic to only show on HUD, or only show on the DIC, that toggle is done from in the car so you can switch whichever display you want back to OEM display conditions while driving.

For an example of what can be displayed, you could lay out the DIC like this:
"Intake Air Temp 112*" which is 20 characters
or you could add a couple PIDs if you shorten the description like this:
"IAT 112* ECT 202*"
or if you wanted, you could just not use the IAT or ECT identifier at all and add 4 PIDs to the line. It is very easy to fit 4 PIDs on the HUD and 2 PIDs on the DIC for each page with acronyms and unit values shows, then you can do that for each page, so 48 PIDs per profile, and we allow 10 alerts to be set per profile.

I did some videos yesterday to show how the alarms work. In this video, I set up the alert to 3500RPMs, it is set to chime as well as display "RPM LIMIT!! and Corvette Forum" on the HUD only during the alarm.

A single variable alert is neat, but it is impossible to set a wideband O2 alert if all you are watching is just the number. We took it farther on alerts to fix this, we allow calculations to be made for the alerts so you can actually watch for a lean out or fuel pressure drop while racing.

For this video I set the alert condition to "Load over 50% and RPM over 2500rpm and Speed over 35mph". I set the DIC to show Load so you could see it, and you can watch speed and RPM on the cluster. I set it to a silent alert with the visual text "You had me at ALARM", you can see that all 3 conditions must be met or the alarm is not triggered.

Sorry it was raining and the wipers sound horrible on the glass

Last edited by PalmerPerformance; 10-11-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:00 AM
0PalmerPerformance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by pcguy2u
Couldn't determine from your website whether the reference to "available" really meant "included"?
We are working on getting a DashLogic specific section on the site, so there is not a Corvette specific PID list shown on the site as of yet. It will be up this weekend.

Here is a screen shot of our PID list drop down menu

Old 10-11-2013, 11:04 AM
0PalmerPerformance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by barduch
Looks like a great product. Is it compatible with the Dashtronix radar display unit that also plugs into the OBD-II port if a splitter is used? My Dashtronix is the model that displays the Valentine 1 information on both the HUD and DIC. If there is a way to make that work I'd like to order a unit.
I don't know very much about the Valentine display, but I would think you could tell DashLogic not to display on the HUD and that would work. The big question would be how the controls are set up, if we use the same vehicle buttons for configuration or page changing, that would be a conflict and not work well.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:11 AM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 77 Posts

Quote:

Yeah but, what's the answer to the question?
Old 10-11-2013, 11:52 AM
0PalmerPerformance
Former Vendor

Quote:

Yeah but, what's the answer to the question?
Everything seen in the screen shots is included. Everything on the list is available, with the exception that some only PIDs only work on a ZR1 and obviously the automatic trans PIDs don't work on a manual trans, but all PIDs are available on every device. If there is something you want that you don't see, let me know and we can add it. Even in the future if you find we forgot something, you can do a firmware update connected to your computer and we can add them. We have one PID in there that does Alcohol % that the user "Mourat" requested, it is an HPTuners PID that was added to his vehicle through HPTuners. We are expandable.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:01 PM
barduch
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PalmerPerformance
I don't know very much about the Valentine display, but I would think you could tell DashLogic not to display on the HUD and that would work. The big question would be how the controls are set up, if we use the same vehicle buttons for configuration or page changing, that would be a conflict and not work well.
The DashTronix uses the lock/unlock buttons to input preferences. And, I can choose to display the DashTronix Valentine display on the HUD only. Here is a link to their website. http://www.dashtronix.com
Would you please check it out and perhaps chat with them to determine compatibility? Thanks very much.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:17 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

is it like dashtronix for the boost, with a max of 15psi for display?
What if down the road i'm getting an EGT's and 02 wideband senders?
Old 10-11-2013, 04:17 PM
0PalmerPerformance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by timmyZ06
is it like dashtronix for the boost, with a max of 15psi for display?
What if down the road i'm getting an EGT's and 02 wideband senders?
We use the vehicle MAP for boost, so we can go as high on the boost as your vehicle can read from the PCM. We allow you to add two 0-5 volt aftermarket sensors, so your wideband will work for sure, you would only need to make sure the EGT has an analog output.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:30 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Not sure but I think the pcm max psi reading is 15 psi or someone could chime in

Get notified of new replies

To DashLogic display controller for ZR1

Old 10-11-2013, 06:37 PM
0PalmerPerformance
Former Vendor

From what I can find, it shows the ZR1 has a 3 bar map, so roughly 30psi max.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:40 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Is there any instruction in pdf so I could learn more about it? Its very tempting
Old 10-11-2013, 07:21 PM
ZBADESTZ@Straightline
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IM getting one.

Can you add 60mph to 130mph time?

Is this configured on laptop first?

Quick Reply: [ZR1] DashLogic display controller for ZR1