Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] I have a problem. Need feedback

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 05:46 PM
CanadaGrant
Safety Car

Received 416 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by checkmayt
Well that's exactly what happened in this case. Passenger side 2nd back had fell off. Beats me how the wire could just come undone though. Had the oil changed at the dealership about 150 miles back. Possibly they hit it or something somehow. I put it back on, and none of the service warning came back on. However the engine light stays on. Guess the dealership will need to turn that off.

I'm def not the most engine savvy person in the world. Should I replace the wire, or just slip the one back on like I did?

Thanks again guys for the input!
A plug wire missfire notification should go away after a few normal starts. Try it before taking it back to GM.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:01 AM
Ajboniface
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys,
I love this forum

I have a 427 convert with 1000 miles and had this problem and did this fix

Car has not been touched from the factory so with my car definitely production problem.

Now why does this happen on a 50K plus car?
Old 09-15-2013, 10:05 AM
z51vett
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 169 Posts

I had a misfire and dealer tech could not find it. I went home next day start checking plug wires #8 came off in my hand put back on plug no problem.
z51vett
Doug
Old 09-15-2013, 11:18 AM
NotVincent
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ajboniface
Guys,
I love this forum

I have a 427 convert with 1000 miles and had this problem and did this fix

Car has not been touched from the factory so with my car definitely production problem.

Now why does this happen on a 50K plus car?
Same thing happened to my 427 last week. It only has 4K on it too. One wire was off completely and a few more were loose and ready to let go.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:21 PM
marcar
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was just starting to drive my car, one morning to C&C and after oil warmed up, decided to give it more throttle and all the sudden I experienced the same as the OP. After a WTF and feeling it miss and rough idle decided to continue on to the event anyways. This thread saved me a trip to the service dept. and I'm thankful. Mine was the #8 cylinder connection at the coil. Checked all the rest and they were snug. Actually saw the lead dangling out from under the fuel rail cover.

Update 09/21

Car ran superb today out to C&C as well as around town. Gone were all the warning lights, DIC message and bell tone. Also since owning this car new, this was the first time with no ticking noise which I can pin point now as electrical arcing from the loose plug wire initially and later totally disconnected lead.

Last edited by marcar; 09-22-2013 at 12:20 AM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] I have a problem. Need feedback