Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Poor quality on D2 forged chrome

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 12:48 PM
HP ADDICT
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am still waiting as well. I am supposed to have them back before T2k14. We shall see if that is the case. Wheels were shipped back on Dec 5th.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:45 PM
Larry Myers
Burning Brakes

Received 82 Likes on 78 Posts

My take. Two companies to buy wheels; Finspeed or Forgeline.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:35 AM
teking
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HP ADDICT
I am still waiting as well. I am supposed to have them back before T2k14. We shall see if that is the case. Wheels were shipped back on Dec 5th.
And still no sign of my wheels ........ last update was April 30th. Would have our wheels in about 2 weeks. 3+ and counting again. In July it will be ONE YEAR since this thread started and SEP is when I jumped in.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:26 AM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

Wow !!! 1 friggin year! , can't be good for business
Old 05-23-2014, 11:44 AM
teking
Drifting

Originally Posted by teking
And still no sign of my wheels ........ last update was April 30th. Would have our wheels in about 2 weeks. 3+ and counting again. In July it will be ONE YEAR since this thread started and SEP is when I jumped in.
In an effort to post the good and the bad I have to provide the following. They called me this morning shortly after I posted and said the Wheels will be shipping next week.

So that's good news .....
Old 05-23-2014, 12:47 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Hopefully what they say and what they do are the same things.....you shall see.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:11 PM
HP ADDICT
Pro

Originally Posted by teking
In an effort to post the good and the bad I have to provide the following. They called me this morning shortly after I posted and said the Wheels will be shipping next week.

So that's good news .....
As you know I was told the same thing...today after no updates and two unreturned emails I was called by Derrick at D2. Basically I was told that two of the lips that were installed "were blemished" and they were going to have to have two new lips ordered and installed again.

How a high end wheel manufactuerer does not have these on hand is beyond me. How they can send out wheels with obvious quality issues is beyond me as well. I mean if the lips are arriving with "blemishes" before they even leave the warehouse it should be obvious you need to take care of the customers having issues with them. He then went on to tell me that two of my wheels were complete, which I asked to have shipped back to me immediately.

D2 autosport will on Monday have had all four of my wheels/tires/TPMS in their possesion for six months. I have never experienced such poor management and follow through on a vendor's behalf. I have been more then patient and have refrained from destroying their reputation on other car sites, but this is getting past the point of reason.

It also cost me $251 to ship the wheels and $140 in packing materials.

-End Rant
Old 06-04-2014, 06:29 PM
619grappler
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HP ADDICT
As you know I was told the same thing...today after no updates and two unreturned emails I was called by Derrick at D2. Basically I was told that two of the lips that were installed "were blemished" and they were going to have to have two new lips ordered and installed again.

How a high end wheel manufactuerer does not have these on hand is beyond me. How they can send out wheels with obvious quality issues is beyond me as well. I mean if the lips are arriving with "blemishes" before they even leave the warehouse it should be obvious you need to take care of the customers having issues with them. He then went on to tell me that two of my wheels were complete, which I asked to have shipped back to me immediately.

D2 autosport will on Monday have had all four of my wheels/tires/TPMS in their possesion for six months. I have never experienced such poor management and follow through on a vendor's behalf. I have been more then patient and have refrained from destroying their reputation on other car sites, but this is getting past the point of reason.

It also cost me $251 to ship the wheels and $140 in packing materials.

-End Rant
Guess they're not as high-end as they market themselves to be. Terrible.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:47 PM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

Note to self - never EVER Buy D2 Forged products
Old 06-16-2014, 11:14 PM
HP ADDICT
Pro

Well it has been 11 days from the time I asked to have my two completed wheels shipped back. Not even an email or call. 6 months and 1 week and counting to have 4 lips replaced and a wheel center refinished....The last BMW I ordered was built and shipped from Germany in less time.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:20 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Might as well count your losses.... I think we all know what wheel company(s) to avoid. Terrible businesses they are....
Old 06-16-2014, 11:25 PM
JMBLOWNWS6
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 77 Posts

Have dealt with this problem also. Buddy sent wheels to HRE no problem. Fixed a clear coat issue no problem. My buddies HRE's are going on 5 years and the chrome still glows. Amazing if you ask me. Forged 360 is a joke. Bought Carbon mesh 8's was a mess. Had to get them fixed locally. CCW is good and if you can get ahold of Jon and stay on top of it they do good too. Iforged has some nice chrome also. Gus's wheels are going on 6 years and they still look great. Car was a daily driver and they still are rocking.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:51 AM
HP ADDICT
Pro

Still no wheels....
Old 06-24-2014, 08:59 AM
silvrhand
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

[QUOTE=HP ADDICT;1587205193]Still no wheels....[/QUOTE

Lawyer time?
Old 06-24-2014, 09:07 AM
Zishan
Advanced

Well, hopefully it makes you feel better knowing that I didn't price D2 forged. I'm in the market for wheels, kinda window shopping right now....and due to this thread, I've not bothered to even get a price on their wheels. F'em!
Old 06-24-2014, 09:25 AM
sriser
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. So glad I read this thread. Was considering D2 wheels. I guess I will just keep my stockers. This appears to be some really horrible customer service. They should have management from Nordstroms come give them some pointers. They seem to need it.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:36 AM
HP ADDICT
Pro

It is sad because they offer an awesome design with great fit. I can understand having quality issues with chrome lips, it's a tricky process to get perfect. I however am absolutely disgusted by the companies lack of management and customer service.
I have emails going back to March promising the wheels will be complete within two weeks. I have documented everything and am to the point of having a lawyer or even police get involved.
D2 stated 2 of my wheels were done weeks ago and I asked to have them shipped back to me with my tires etc. I still have yet to even receive those. I gave them all of my payment info so there is no excuse other then they were not done and I was given another BS story.
If anyone knows a lawyer that deals with issues like this let me know! I have spoke with a few that I work with and they feel I may be entitled to a refund of my purchase price plus all shipping charges as well as a penalty for my troubles.

Get notified of new replies

To Poor quality on D2 forged chrome

Old 06-25-2014, 08:25 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Zishan
Well, hopefully it makes you feel better knowing that I didn't price D2 forged. I'm in the market for wheels, kinda window shopping right now....and due to this thread, I've not bothered to even get a price on their wheels. F'em!
Been there with expensive forged wheels and realized they were not for me.....but just some advice, if you are buying...buy from Gerry at Wheels4Less. The guy prides himself on customer service and attention to detail. He definitely makes the experience much more reassuring.....but yes its scary, especially after countless horror stories about these over priced wheel companies; however, I'd at least buy from him.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:29 AM
JG853
Melting Slicks

Received 784 Likes on 456 Posts

I agree - I think you can include Carbon Revolution and HRE in your list as well.

Most of these other wheels continually have problems. They look nice, but in my opinion are heavy, expensive paper weights.

I sure hope you get your money or your wheels back soon.

Originally Posted by Larry Myers
My take. Two companies to buy wheels; Finspeed or Forgeline.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:34 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Originally Posted by JG853
I agree - I think you can include Carbon Revolution and HRE in your list as well.

Most of these other wheels continually have problems. They look nice, but in my opinion are heavy, expensive paper weights.

I sure hope you get your money or your wheels back soon.
This! I actually felt my car degrade in performance when I them...hence why I had to go back to OEM. Unfortunately, I like to drive my car and performance overcomes looks all day....(even though I still like to make it look good. )

Quick Reply: [Z06] Poor quality on D2 forged chrome