Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] new zo6,blues or lemon maybe

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 02:40 PM
TheLoneRanger
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EViL427
Wow. Sorry for all your troubles. I was hoping in the story you'd get to the root cause of the dash noise (which mine has just started doing recently). I thought it might be the shifter, but the noise isn't coming from the driveline. Sounds like a buzzing noise and only happens at highway speeds (60-75 MPH).
The buzzing sound is the cowl outside vibrating at 65+ mph. This is the black piece of plastic under the windshield wipers. Where it meets up to the windshield is where the vibration sound comes from. Pretty common problem. I fixed it on my C6 vert with some black silicone to attach the plastic to the glass. It hasn't started on my Z06, but I figure it will some day.

Bill

OP good luck with everything, they are amazing cars.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:12 PM
VetteVinnie
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,757 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Originally Posted by TheLoneRanger
The buzzing sound is the cowl outside vibrating at 65+ mph. This is the black piece of plastic under the windshield wipers. Where it meets up to the windshield is where the vibration sound comes from. Pretty common problem. I fixed it on my C6 vert with some black silicone to attach the plastic to the glass. It hasn't started on my Z06, but I figure it will some day.

Bill

OP good luck with everything, they are amazing cars.
I actually thought about that being the cause. There's even a small slice in it that would allow air to get underneath. Makes sense now that I think about it.

Thanks for the insight.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Johnjan
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dstiger
this thread is full of sadness
Look at the bright side - at least it hasn't dropped a valve. Yet.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:16 PM
z06 driver
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default z06 purchase problems

I bought a 2008 z06 from a doctor out of OKC, and have not had one problem. It only had 8500 miles and was one of his ten cars in his collection. I don't think he drove it any faster than 70 mph, as he was 75 years old and told me the car scared him. The only things I have done to it is flush the clutch, install a 160 thermostat and wax it top to bottom. It drives and looks same as showroom new. Good luck.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by george454
I. Plus while they had it they drove the car through wet road paint. so they were to claen that and because of all the trouble they were going to "zylon coat the car for half price".
Will this dealer have the car trailered or will they be driving in to the planet zylon for the zylon coating? 50% off for the zylon treatment -- have your friends taken you snipe hunting?

In all seriousness, either stay on the dealer like stink on $hit to get it fixed or find another chevy dealer that will honor the extended warranty. Avoid the Zylons. - seems they spray this crap on and it oozes from the cracks and crevices. And will give you something else to fret about.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_t...ating_for_cars
Old 04-10-2013, 01:58 AM
CGGS
Pro

Originally Posted by JoesC5
lemon laws only pertain to new cars, not used ones. looks as if your only recourse is to fight it out with the dealer to get the problems resolved. If, after several tries, and they don't get the car repaired to your satisfaction, it's time to lawyer up.
Not true!!!

I just finished up my lemon law case on my CPO 09' Z06.

Mine originally went it for a failed clutch that left me stranded in the middle of the freeway in commute traffic and I had to call 911 to get pushed to the side of the road.

Once my car was there, they discovered a ton of issues including the valve guide issue and I had the whole top end rebuilt, then 2000 miles later I am burning 4 qts of oil.

You can read my full saga by doing a search on my posts, but the short of it is that yes you can get a CPO used car bought back on a lemon law.

However, the same rules apply as a new car, you need a certain number of repair attempts or over 30 days in the shop within the first 12 months.

I qualified on both counts. They got hit with a double whammy on mine case, as not only did they have to buy it back, but they also had to put a new motor in it before they took it to auction.

The OP is not there yet, but keep all paperwork and log everything.

Last edited by CGGS; 04-10-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:13 PM
erikszr1
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Hey george454,

It is so sad to hear about all the problems you are having with your Z06! I would be more than happy to help assist you with all of the concerns. If you would like me to pull your VIN to see what warranty you have available please private message me that information along with your name. I can also reach out to the dealer on your behalf or search our system for another dealer if you choose to change.

Please keep me posted on what happens!

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
this is just a auto-response post. it happens whenever somebody has a bad experience at a dealer. nothing will come of it. LOL
Old 04-10-2013, 05:58 PM
spicytuna
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dstiger
this thread is full of sadness
Originally Posted by Johnjan
Look at the bright side - at least it hasn't dropped a valve. Yet.

I've been lucky with mine. Bought it sight unseen and had it transported to my home 2000 miles away where it's been flawless ever since.

But with that being said, I'll be doing the heads just to be safe.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:55 PM
george454
Cruising

Default zo6 lemon

well we got the car back on wensday the 10 the dealer and i went on a little ride i got on the car pretty good with him there the clutch was great .
Now we have been back and forth many times to this dealer ship and round trip is over an hour. So long story short my wife is over this . Well we take the car and she follows me and home we go.
As soon as i got home I wrote down the milage and saw they put 38 miles on the car .
The next day we get in the car and go to do a few things. Well after an hour in traffic the clutch started to pull under my foot .
I have not called the dealer as of yet . I did take a pic of the fluid which is jet black with chuncks of clutch dust in it. I want to drive it more and see how many miles before it gives out again im tracking the miles and im putting everthing down on paper.

One more thing .When you take your car in for warranty work do you get a sheet with what was done to the car for your records or do they just say its done and here you go . The reason im asking is they never give me anything on paper as well as show me the new parts and when i asked for the old part so i can see what they changed i was told it was sent back to GM.
If anything sounds off to you please say something and i know some one said they did win there case so if possible please send me his name and number i would be very grateful thank you.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:39 AM
erichg1000
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by z06 driver
I bought a 2008 z06 from a doctor out of OKC, and have not had one problem. It only had 8500 miles and was one of his ten cars in his collection. I don't think he drove it any faster than 70 mph, as he was 75 years old and told me the car scared him. The only things I have done to it is flush the clutch, install a 160 thermostat and wax it top to bottom. It drives and looks same as showroom new. Good luck.
guy one: "my mom died and my dog got run over "

guy two: "my mom just ran a marathon, did two backflips, and made my whole family steak fajitas for lunch! This afternoon my wonderful-not-run-over dog rescued an injured rabbit that got caught in a mouse trap outside my neighbors barn. my mom put a stint on the poor fellers front leg and now it's cuddles with our not-dead-dog; it's the cutest thing i've ever seen! good luck with your dead stuff!"
Old 04-13-2013, 02:55 AM
spicytuna
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by george454
One more thing .When you take your car in for warranty work do you get a sheet with what was done to the car for your records or do they just say its done and here you go . The reason im asking is they never give me anything on paper as well as show me the new parts and when i asked for the old part so i can see what they changed i was told it was sent back to GM.
You should definitely receive a work order for any work that's done on your car by the dealership. Regardless of whether it was warranty work or not.

I'd ask for any documentation you can and take full notes, pictures, etc. in case you need to escalate this further up the chain.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:58 AM
erikszr1
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

didnt check the clutch fluid when you picked up the car?........you know what to do, but remebering to do it after you drive an hour home is too late. sorry
Old 04-13-2013, 05:00 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,997 Likes on 5,365 Posts

Originally Posted by spicytuna
You should definitely receive a work order for any work that's done on your car by the dealership. Regardless of whether it was warranty work or not.

I'd ask for any documentation you can and take full notes, pictures, etc. in case you need to escalate this further up the chain.
The dealership should provide a fully documented completed repair order for each trip to their shop. Doesn't matter whether it is for warranty work, service contract work or work you are paying for. The only difference in the bills will be the amount of money being charged. Warranty will be 0, service contract can be anywhere from 0 to the deductible amount and of course if you are paying the actual dollar amount of the repair based on parts cost, labor costs, and taxes.

A dealer that doesn't provide a completed repair order is trying to skate around the various consumer laws since no repair order exists in any records which allows them to say we never did any such repair. Our local Audi, Mercedes, VW, Oldsmobile and Porsche dealer used to pull that fast one. They shafted so many people they are finally out of business.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Dearborn; 04-13-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:45 PM
2k Cobra
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

^

What Mr. Bill said.

That looks almost like Watkins Glen in the avatar.

Quick Reply: [Z06] new zo6,blues or lemon maybe