Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] New to me 2007 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 10:30 PM
z0sicktanner
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tim414
Congrats on the ride. The only time I move the car at idle is when I'm in heavy traffic. Otherwise 1.5=2k provides a smooth take off from a light. If you get heavy on go pedal, wait for the oil temp to get up over 150degrees. I find that is a difficult thing to do this time of year with the air oil cooler.

If your gonna drive it this time of year, I would suggest covering the oil cooler grill w/cardboard during this time of year.

What Jakal said...I believe to be a real issue. If you have a carmax warranty, if their good at honoring their warranty coverage then no worries. There 'are' too many which have had valve drop issue. This will basically destroy the engine, or if your very lucky, only a lil head damage, but the norm when this happens total loss it seems. There is a fix however.
I got an 06 from carmax with 25k it blew at 33k carmax coverd the engine with the warranty.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:38 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by jwmgr8
nice
I had 07 now a 13
I remember idle for 07 at 700 to 750???
the idle for 13 is 550 to 600

don't know why the difference

On oil temp
it appears on 13 model they put heat sink on oil line right next to driver side cat.
seems to get oil temp up quick????
That's the idea...the newer Z's use the oil cooler developed for the ZR1, which is also an oil warmer. It gets the oil up to operating temps quicker, but it also keeps oil temp in check much better in track/spirited driving situations.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:40 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Originally Posted by BRISLS1
Thanks for all the reassuring advice! Today I had to hitch a ride back to the CarMax to get the daily beater I left there on the buy. Then I washed all three cars, and detailed the Vettes with a bit of McGuires. Put the C5Z under a cover. So with little time in the holiday off, I took a spin and thought about this thread. On cold start it was great, idling a bit higher (800), so I was able to get out into traffic which moves at 50 in front of my house. Then after warm up, the idle was lower, but the car still didn't bog from a roll in first or second. It makes a bit of drivetrain noise. Unless I read different, sticking to plan : stoplight inching can be done no throttle, just easy predictable clutch releases, take offs get a bump of go before the clutch is completely disengaged.
If by drivetrain noise you mean like a rattle or marbles in a can, that is common too from the T56 Trannys.. you can sometimes hear it with the clutch out, sitting in neutral stopped, or if you gradually let the clutch out going into first it will rattle. My 99Z28 camaro did it, and my C5 did it too.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:08 PM
Purvis
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BRISLS1,
BadA$$. Looks just like one that I might be getting..

Question for you.. How much did Car max charge you for the Bumper to Bumper warranty? How many years of coverage?

Quick Reply: [Z06] New to me 2007 Z06