Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Capristo Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Neitzel Vette
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Capristo Exhaust

I finally traded in my 2009 Z06 for a 2010 ZR1. I had Akrapovic exhaust with the carbon fiber tips on my z06, and I loved it. I was planning on adding the same exhaust on my ZR1, but came across capristo exhaust on eBay and was wondering if anyone had this exhaust currently, and what they think of it. Thanks!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:16 AM
mirage2991
Safety Car

Received 250 Likes on 163 Posts

I'd say be careful because their website does not list a system for our cars....
Old 12-04-2012, 06:32 AM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

Pics??
Old 12-04-2012, 12:24 PM
VasMan
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mirage2991
I'd say be careful because their website does not list a system for our cars....
It does
http://www.capristoexhaust.com/index...hk=1&Itemid=89

Here is a video of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja5cfZopSsk

Last edited by VasMan; 12-04-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:21 PM
m.whitmell
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Sounds like my Akrapovic..........nice but $3950 ? Paid $1900 for a leftover Akrapovic system in SS with X pipe.....and the akra systom is a piece of art.....

Last edited by m.whitmell; 12-04-2012 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Price update
Old 12-04-2012, 02:00 PM
VasMan
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by m.whitmell
Sounds like my Akrapovic..........nice but $3950 ? Paid $1900 for a leftover Akrapovic system in SS with X pipe.....and the akra systom is a piece of art.....
At that price I would by an Akrapovic too. Give me the details
Old 12-17-2012, 05:42 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 317 Likes on 290 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Be careful, for what they are charging for it, it better be made of gold or at at least Titanium. It does not appear to even include an X pipe. Look at the pictures also, the mufflers are different from one side to the other.

Another concern, they obviously know nothing about Corvettes. Regardless of year, all Z06 and ZR1's came with the NPP system. They mention that 2008 and earlier cars might not have NPP (what is up with that?) The exhaust cannot be for either Z06, ZR1 and base model cars...

See their writeup below...Something is really fishy...

"Not everybody has a Z06 or the 2008 with NPP, right? CAPRISTO Exhaust developed that system with that in mind. With the onboard Programmable Remote Control Kit, you will be able to take full advantage of this valve exhaust system system. The kit come complete with all the wiring, wireless remote control, vacuum line, vacuum accumalter, and vacuum switch needed for installation.

We have used the engine as the vacuum source (it is the same port the factory uses for the NPP) and the installation is simple and straight forward.

No welding needed. Includes all hardware and complete mounting instructions."

Just my thoughts,

Jim

Last edited by southerncarparts; 12-17-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:42 PM
fzsz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Neitzel Vette
I finally traded in my 2009 Z06 for a 2010 ZR1. I had Akrapovic exhaust with the carbon fiber tips on my z06, and I loved it. I was planning on adding the same exhaust on my ZR1, but came across capristo exhaust on eBay and was wondering if anyone had this exhaust currently, and what they think of it. Thanks!
Hi,
just saw this threat for the first time.

I am the lucky guy who got the first Capristo Exhaust under a Corvette.
Tony Capristo built the first Capristo Exhaust System for my Z06.

He finally wanted to offer an exhaust system for the Corvette Z06/ZR1 and not just for Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati, Aston, etc.

First he measured my Z06 exactly. He scanned the whole underbody with a 3d laser scanner. I have never seen similar equipment before, except at the dentist. Then he built the exhaust system.
The processing technology, the material and the performance of the exhaust system is definitely great engineering and the exhaust is one of the best things you can buy for the Z06.

Tony has a high-tech dyno.
The performance of the Z06 was measured prior with the stock exhaust system and after installation with the Capristo exhaust system again.
The result was about 20 hp more power and 25Nm more torque.

A friend of mine has the Capristo under his C6GS.
Stock was: 435,9 hp and 587,8 Nm.
With Capristo it was: 459,5 hp and 619,5 Nm.
Both measurement same day, only difference the exhaust system.

Tony Capristo does not not build exhausts only to get more or louder sound.
His statement is: "To exchange the stock exhaust system just to get more or better sound without more power is useless, what is it good for?"
Tony has not changed the x-pipe and the exhaust system between the catalysts and mufflers. He said, "How should i improve fluidically to this immense straight pipes. It's great. It makes no sense trying to make it better, that's not worth it?".

For me it was extremely important that there is no drone when the flaps are closed. I don't want to have loss of comfort when I'm driving in normal mode with closed flaps.
I also want to drive through the city and the village without being noticed, just like the stock system does.
But on the autobahn when i accelerate and the flaps open, then I want to hear my LS7 roaring.
Tony Capristo has fully met my specifications. The exhaust system is great.

http://www.capristo.de/en/home.html

The Z06 you see is mine, also on the video posted by Vasman before.

Franz

Old 03-21-2013, 03:35 AM
Werks
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Franz, thanks for posting up info. Really nice (and expensive looking) dyno cell!

Jim, You might not be familiar with them but Capristo is a high end european manufacturer that here in the US has a really, really good reputation amongst exotic owners especially Lambo & Ferrari. A lot of the Ferrari Challenge guys run their exhaust on their race cars. They also do a lot of trick parts, they are no joke and you can see some of the stuff they do here http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/cu...challenge.html
Old 03-21-2013, 07:38 AM
C7envy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone should make an inconel exhaust for corvettes.

Last edited by C7envy; 03-21-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:23 PM
Bedouin
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Wow...just wow..that's some serious R&D.

Originally Posted by Werks
Franz, thanks for posting up info. Really nice (and expensive looking) dyno cell!

Jim, You might not be familiar with them but Capristo is a high end european manufacturer that here in the US has a really, really good reputation amongst exotic owners especially Lambo & Ferrari. A lot of the Ferrari Challenge guys run their exhaust on their race cars. They also do a lot of trick parts, they are no joke and you can see some of the stuff they do here http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/cu...challenge.html
Old 03-21-2013, 03:47 PM
FAsnakes
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Woah, sounds great!!
This is what i had always wanted.. . It almost sounds like the corsa sports w/ actuators.

IMO the sound that the Acrapovic puts out is underwhelming on the ZR1.
This is the one system that i'd consider replacing the stock system with.

Thanks for posting up the vid!
Old 03-22-2013, 02:00 PM
fzsz
Intermediate

Hi,

i have found some pics where you can see Tony Capristo scanning the underbody.

And here a pic from the backside of the dyno, where the cooling air is sucked out, called "the flap of tears"
So called because the owner of the cars sometimes have tears in the eyes when they compare the result of the dyno with the performance information made by the manufacturers.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:44 PM
Bedouin
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Hahaha..flap of tears..damn funny. Do the Euro cars, 458, R8, etc often show less RWHP than what's advertised?
Old 03-22-2013, 03:06 PM
fzsz
Intermediate

RWHP is rarely used in Europe.
Manufacturers give the pure engine power at the crankshaft.
As far as I know the information usually very well vote among German manufacturers. Italy takes it as not as accurate.

This applies also to Corvette.
My Z06 has the specified performance since Ed Hutchings has optimized the settings.

Last edited by fzsz; 03-22-2013 at 03:13 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Capristo Exhaust

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Capristo Exhaust