Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] WCCH HEADS....and what to expect.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 09:14 PM
HyperX
Team Owner

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by ZZMike
Sure! Look at these factory L89 heads. They have grind marks that make the ones on the OP's heads look tame in comparison. Seriously, this is a non-issue.

I am not a gear head. I enjoy driving my z on the track and off, but I suck at being a mechanic. Having said that, would Ferrari or Porsche heads look like that? To me it just shows lack of quality. Including the ones pictured here. Then again when these heads were made, gm was not putting out quality product either.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:14 PM
Griffee
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06
Then why make it, and run the risk?
So others can see this:

And know exactly what type of work they may get from WCCH.

This is normal deburring and nothing to worry about. We deburr all the heads we work on because they're so sharp from the manufacturer. We don't want our customers bleeding just trying to remove the heads from the box!
Enjoy!

Richard Reyman
West Coast Cylinder Heads
18405 Hart St.
Reseda, CA 91335

I'm just not sure if you are just ignoring Richard's response, because you don't like it? don't believe it? can't comprehend it? or other?

It certainly does seem to allude you however, and the heads will be going to another vendor to be checked out. I will post those results and his findings with these heads for all to see...no matter how the business end checks out...good or bad.

This is the thread that never ends
It goes on and on my friends
Griffee started posting not knowing Quick was there
I knew he was there...just not aware that he was friends with the vendor he so highly touts, and would turn a blind eye to the workmanship for this sake. I will also not be silent about work like this just because Quick happens to be a buddy of WCCH. I know others are fearful to post for being jumped on by the forum banshee.

There is nothing for me to gain from this thread. This thread is for others to see who can make their own personal choice as to weather or not this work is acceptable to them. Quick chose to turn it into his usual personal agenda....so we continue on.... nothing new really.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:21 PM
ZZMike
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperX
I am not a gear head. I enjoy driving my z on the track and off, but I suck at being a mechanic. Having said that, would Ferrari or Porsche heads look like that? To me it just shows lack of quality. Including the ones pictured here. Then again when these heads were made, gm was not putting out quality product either.
Don't deflect. We are talking about GM products here. You asked a question and I gave you a response. I also showed you a factory aluminum head with huge grind marks that I would indeed buy if I saw them on an L89 'vette. I will leave the debate as to whether or not the mighty L89 was a quality product, since you are admittedly not a gearhead and decidedly out of your league in this arena.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:21 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Griffee
So others can see this:....
What others are seeing, is a grown man whining about scuff marks on cylinder heads which are never going to be seen.

And then when he had an opportunity to call and make an attempt to get his concerns sorted out, he goes all day long, and does nothing, so that he can return in the evening, and whine some more.

People are seeing it very clearly now.

Not calling????? Sitting on his rear all day long and making excuses for not calling. These are not the actions of a man looking for a resolution to his concerns.

Those are the actions of a man looking to do damage by being as vocal as he can, for as long as he can.

Looking at that pic of your one cylinder head, which is all that you are showing us, you never show the two side by side, might serve as "shock value" for a few who think scuff marks on the bottom of a cylinder head, soon to be covered by an exhaust manifold, underneath the car, are somehow of some significance.

But once the thread discussion is read beyond more than a few posts, and people see that you never even called and spoke to Richard, and have had ample time to do so, yet continue to refuse to do so, then your position and any sentiment for it, won't mean, nor end up being, squat.

People already aren't taking this seriously, due to the outright insignificance of scuff marks on the underside of a cylinder head anyway.

When they see that you don't even go to the effort to call, then it is taken even less seriously.

So others can see this:

This is normal deburring and nothing to worry about. We deburr all the heads we work on because they're so sharp from the manufacturer. We don't want our customers bleeding just trying to remove the heads from the box!
Enjoy!

Richard Reyman
West Coast Cylinder Heads
18405 Hart St.
Reseda, CA 91335

I'm just not sure if you are just ignoring Richard's response, because you don't like it? don't believe it? can't comprehend it? or other?
It is apparently you with the comprehension problem here Griffee.

You said earlier, that they told you to go pound sand. What they told you was that the heads were deburred. I don't see anything in that response about "pounding sand".

It certainly does seem to allude you however, and the heads will be going to another vendor to be checked out. I will post those results and his findings with these heads for all to see...no matter how the business end checks out...good or bad.
Interesting how you will trust another vendor to give you accurate numbers for the spring pressures, but your Jesse Ventura conspiracy theory mindset, leads you to believe that WCCH would lie to you about them.

Why don't you have somebody who has not witnessed your moaning in this thread examine them?

The other thing that is strange here too, is that you don't trust WCCH to be honest about what they say the spring pressures to be, yet we are supposed to trust that you would be honest about what they are.

So Richard is supposed to be a liar and a cheat, farming out work, that he claims to have done himself, and giving out bogus spring pressure numbers.

But at the same time, we are supposed to take your word on the spring pressure numbers.

I knew he was there...just not aware that he was friends with the vendor he so highly touts, and would turn a blind eye to the workmanship for this sake. I will also not be silent about work like this just because Quick happens to be a buddy of WCCH. I know others are fearful to post for being jumped on by the forum banshee.
Nor will I be silent when I perceive your intent, and see that it has nothing to do with anything other than attempting to advance a smear campaign.

You gonna sell the heads, keep whining, or make the call to WCCH? It's your move. Because your whining about scuff marks which aren't going to be seen, is getting old.

There is nothing for me to gain from this thread.
Yes, at this point, I'd pretty much have to agree with you on that.

Those who follow this thread, and see how you have not called WCCH, made no attempt, no, you probably won't have anything to gain in terms of credibility, nor anything else at this point, from them or anyone else.

Coming in here whining, instead of making a call to WCCH and telling them what it would take for them to make this right with you, shows everyone in here that this wasn't the point.

You have had all day to call them, and didn't.

Like I said earlier, Not calling????? Sitting on your rear all day long and making excuses for not calling. That is not the action of a man looking for a resolution.

That is the action of a man looking to whine and do as much damage as he can in whining.

He is not looking for resolution.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 12-04-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:23 PM
2000FRCZ19
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

what exactly did you e mail wcch? what questions were asked and did you make it clear you expected more and want the situation corrected? the original e mail may explain the response better. Richard may have misunderstood your questions. that is why you should call him to possibly clear things up if he misunderstood you. give it a shot. he may give you an exchange free of charge if he understands what you want and expected.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:36 PM
FSTFRC
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000FRCZ19
what exactly did you e mail wcch? what questions were asked and did you make it clear you expected more and want the situation corrected? the original e mail may explain the response better. Richard may have misunderstood your questions. that is why you should call him to possibly clear things up if he misunderstood you. give it a shot. he may give you an exchange free of charge if he understands what you want and expected.
Exactly!

Griffee post the email you sent to WCCH with the email header and time stamp. Plus post the pictures of the business end of these heads with the WCCH logo. By the way I thought Ronnie Crawford built Ford engines back in 80's and 90's, so are you comparing custom built Yates heads to factory GM LS7 Castings?

Last edited by FSTFRC; 12-03-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:39 PM
azZ06Mike
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

I am not a WCCH ban wagon fan. I paid them to do my heads and perform as I do with mid ten second passes. This post is full of a person who knows nothing about cars and should be driving a Prius.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:52 PM
Mark2009
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by azZ06Mike
I am not a WCCH ban wagon fan. I paid them to do my heads and perform as I do with mid ten second passes. This post is full of a person who knows nothing about cars and should be driving a Prius.
Well... taking your words literally, let us know how the Prius does in the 1/4
Old 12-03-2012, 11:15 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000FRCZ19
He can't do any of what you suggest, because if he does, they might actually accommodate him.

And if they do that, well then he can no longer whine.

He simply can't take that chance, because to his demonstrated way of thinking, there is no upside to that.

That cuts out all of claims about Richard farming out work. Cuts out all of the claims about WCCH being willing to give out bogus spring pressure numbers, that cuts out all of the crap.

That's why he didn't call today, because he was afraid of just what you say in bold, actually happening.

That and from his talk and innuendo about WCCH farming out work, and being willing to give out bogus spring pressure numbers, he has burned his bridges.

Think about it.

Someone has already mused that Richard may have been reading this thread.

If he is, and has seen innuendo like that, well then if he hasn't already told Griffee to go pound sand, then he would certainly have good reason to now.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 12-04-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:43 AM
SS MPSTR
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This thread is still going?? Jeez. Has the OP even spoken to Richard yet?
Old 12-04-2012, 12:55 AM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

crying pretty much sums it up here on post 157

IBTL

this is about as bad as the "I found the root cause of the head problem" thread

wow.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:01 AM
jeffreystar
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 9 Posts

Who honestly gives a ****, my WCCH had grind marks on them...you can't even see the damn heads once they are on the motor anyway.... I guess someone could "polish" the heads to make them look nice and pretty but why??????
Old 12-04-2012, 01:20 AM
Mark2009
Safety Car

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
This thread is still going?? Jeez. Has the OP even spoken to Richard yet?
It appears that the line to bash the OP is a long one.

On top of that, some seem to be getting back in line after they've had their turn
Old 12-04-2012, 06:22 AM
LeftLane Z06
Racer

I pulled out the DeWalt side angle grinder and deburred my own heads

Old 12-04-2012, 08:14 AM
HyperX
Team Owner

Don't deflect. We are talking about GM products here. You asked a question and I gave you a response. I also showed you a factory aluminum head with huge grind marks that I would indeed buy if I saw them on an L89 'vette. I will leave the debate as to whether or not the mighty L89 was a quality product, since you are admittedly not a gearhead and decidedly out of your league in this arena.
Maybe this is exactly the mind set that is causing manufacturing to leave this great nation of ours. I am not a gear head, but I am a business owner and my clients would never receive something that looks like what op had in his pictures.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:41 AM
FSTFRC
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Maybe this is exactly the mind set that is causing manufacturing to leave this great nation of ours. I am not a gear head, but I am a business owner and my clients would never receive something that looks like what op had in his pictures.
What do you manufacture?
Old 12-04-2012, 08:47 AM
ZZMike
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't have a problem with either the OP's heads, nor the ones I posted from a 1968 Corvette. Sounds like you're the problem, not me. I am unfortunately the bearer of something called "reasonable expectations".

Get notified of new replies

To WCCH HEADS....and what to expect.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:30 AM
HyperX
Team Owner

I don't have a problem with either the OP's heads, nor the ones I posted from a 1968 Corvette. Sounds like you're the problem, not me. I am unfortunately the bearer of something called "reasonable expectations".
The problem is someone manufacturers crappy quality and people like you defend it. Maybe this is why the heads from 1968 corvette look the same as some 3rd party manufactured 2012 heads? Because people just dont care?
Old 12-04-2012, 10:02 AM
HyperX
Team Owner

Originally Posted by FSTFRC
What do you manufacture?
One of the businesses I sold is we made heavy duty server racks for data centers. They were perfectly manufactured on inside and outside with no sharp corners from the beginning. Now I am into IT services only (a business that evolved from the rack business).
Old 12-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,793 Posts

I don't see anywhere in this thread where you contacted them and told them you aren't happy. All you did was ask about the marks and he replied in a professional manner. You then took that as him saying screw off and deal with it. Stop being a child and call him. This is crazy.

Quick Reply: [Z06] WCCH HEADS....and what to expect.