Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Blue Tooth Connection

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 06:32 PM
SORCDRIVER
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Blue Tooth Connection

After visiting the Verizon store multiple times to have my Blue Tooth connection re-set I learned that there is "glitch" that prevents the connection from holding. I found a set of instructions that show how to correct the problem but lost it. Is there a kind soul out there that can point me in the right direction on locating a copy of the instructions?

Joe Shown
Stapleton, NE
Old 10-15-2012, 07:52 AM
99HRDTP
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by SORCDRIVER
After visiting the Verizon store multiple times to have my Blue Tooth connection re-set I learned that there is "glitch" that prevents the connection from holding. I found a set of instructions that show how to correct the problem but lost it. Is there a kind soul out there that can point me in the right direction on locating a copy of the instructions?

Joe Shown
Stapleton, NE

I had no problems with my iPhone 4, but now my iPhone 5 (AT&T) won't retain the vehicle between drives. Here's a bump to the top in hopes that u get your question answered.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:21 AM
bbudman
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have three phones paired to both of my Chevrolet vehicles and it never has a problem remembering them which leads me to believe the problem might be with the phone itself. Joe, what make phone do you own? Remember that bluetooth is networking, only short range. I'm just guessing but it could be possible that there could be a box that needs to be checked to remember the connection. Or if it is a new phone it might be a software glitch.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:00 AM
SORCDRIVER
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Many thanks to Mr. 99HRDTP, and Mr. bbudman,

I have an I4S with no plans on upgrading to the new phone. I did read through the instructions once and it said that I had to make an On-Star call to ask them to do something even though I do not subscribe to the service. GM is aware of the problem as the instructions that I stupidly lost was from GM. My car is a 2011 model. I am going to call the dealer today and check with him.

Joe Shown
Stapleton, NE
Old 10-23-2012, 06:55 AM
99HRDTP
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by SORCDRIVER
Many thanks to Mr. 99HRDTP, and Mr. bbudman,

I have an I4S with no plans on upgrading to the new phone. I did read through the instructions once and it said that I had to make an On-Star call to ask them to do something even though I do not subscribe to the service. GM is aware of the problem as the instructions that I stupidly lost was from GM. My car is a 2011 model. I am going to call the dealer today and check with him.

Joe Shown
Stapleton, NE
Any status updates?

Originally Posted by bbudman
I have three phones paired to both of my Chevrolet vehicles and it never has a problem remembering them which leads me to believe the problem might be with the phone itself. Joe, what make phone do you own? Remember that bluetooth is networking, only short range. I'm just guessing but it could be possible that there could be a box that needs to be checked to remember the connection. Or if it is a new phone it might be a software glitch.

In my case, my iphone 4 worked fine, but not the 5, even though the 5 remembers all other bluetooth pairings?

----
Mike

Get notified of new replies

To Blue Tooth Connection

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Blue Tooth Connection