Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Central Florida ZR1 Technician

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 01:59 PM
jasonbarody
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central Florida ZR1 Technician

Where in Central Florida should I take my ZR1 to have it serviced? I am assuming not every GM dealership is equipped with techs familar with ZR1's.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:49 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

I looked in your profile, but not a clue in there as to exactly where you are.

I'd recommend Tom at Jon Hall here in Daytona - but you can still be in Central Florida and be 150 miles from here.

So....you're probably going to get better advice if you fill in your profile info, and maybe request info on someplace within an hour drive (or however far you're willing to go) of where you live.

Also, do you need an oil change, or a new engine???

Bob
Old 08-26-2012, 03:07 PM
jasonbarody
4th Gear

Currently just an oil change and look at the known ZR1 vibration issue. I live in the Orlando area.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:34 PM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Location: Daytona Beach/ Atlanta---- Good Ol' Florida Boy/ Georgia
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by BEZ06
I looked in your profile, but not a clue in there as to exactly where you are.

I'd recommend Tom at Jon Hall here in Daytona - but you can still be in Central Florida and be 150 miles from here.

So....you're probably going to get better advice if you fill in your profile info, and maybe request info on someplace within an hour drive (or however far you're willing to go) of where you live.

Also, do you need an oil change, or a new engine???

Bob

Tom is on point and I deal with Gary as my service advisor
Old 08-26-2012, 06:45 PM
ucfsaxman
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a place called Corvette Master's in Maitland near Roger's Corvette center. I've been there a couple times and they can do absolutely anything and everything for corvettes from mild to wild look them up they have reasonable rates and do great work.

http://corvettemasters.com/new/index.html
Old 08-26-2012, 09:46 PM
cflm3
Intermediate

Default courtesy Chevrolet

I live in the Orlando area too. I bring my ZR1 to Courtesy on West Colonial. They have a technician named Keith that only works on Corvettes. They seem both competent and honest.

If you are looking for someone to help that is not a dealer, try xp motorsports in Longood. Bob Brown there is both competent and honest too. They are particularly helpful if you track your car. They installed a harness bar and race belts for me.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:35 AM
ltdodge
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cflm3
I live in the Orlando area too. I bring my ZR1 to Courtesy on West Colonial. They have a technician named Keith that only works on Corvettes. They seem both competent and honest.

If you are looking for someone to help that is not a dealer, try xp motorsports in Longood. Bob Brown there is both competent and honest too. They are particularly helpful if you track your car. They installed a harness bar and race belts for me.

Hope this helps.
I agree, recently got new hawk one piece ceramic brakes installed on my Z06 from Xplosive performance also known as a XPmotorsports in Longwood Florida. They installed the brakes for me in one hour and the work they did was phenomenal. They have an excellent set up and specialize in high performance cars and corvettes. I have been going to xplosive performance for over 5 years now and they are a great group of guys. they supercharged my 2010 camaro SS and i am very satisfied with thier work.

Get notified of new replies

To Central Florida ZR1 Technician

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Central Florida ZR1 Technician