Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] 2007 C6 Z06 MODs

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 01:56 PM
Ahmadooo
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 C6 Z06 MODs

Hello everybody ...

i just owned a 2007 C6Z06 ( amazing car ) its completely 100% bone stock, i got a NITTO NT05R .

now my friends ....
whats kind of mods that i can make about 550+ RWHP ???

some guys advice me to some parts like :
1- American racing headers + x-pipe
2- super bee air filter
3- ASP under-drive pulley
4- 102 LSX-R FAST intake
5- CORSA exhaust system
6- G7X5 LG camshaft

i thinks that is all.

any one had try these mods before or have some different performance package ?

thank you all !
Old 08-14-2012, 02:01 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

you'll get 10000000 different opinions, but one thing that's obviously clear in recent months is that if you are going with a cam, you'll need to have some head work done

Looks like you are going wtih LG cam, might want to read the post in C6 Gen right now.

Have valve guides looked at, and the rest of the components, rods, springs etc.. make sure you have a competent shop that knows what they are doing.

I would talk to LG, Katech or Livernois they are some of the experts here.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:40 PM
TT32VGT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive got an 07 z06 and doing the following mods in the next 2 weeks, but itll be in the heat..
-kooks longtubes, offraod x, zr1 catback
-ported fast 102/nw 102 tb/halltech 102 cold air
-iw 10% underdrive balancer
-lg g7x3 cam kit/pushrods etc

Im expecting 540-565rwhp in the heat.

I would thoroughly think about the cam choice.. thats a big cam from what im told.. i love my buds g7x3 cam so i went with it and i hear driveability is great.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:13 PM
2000FRCZ19
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

my set up is a comp 231 247 lsr grind. I have a stock ported intake, vera ram, reworked heads milled .040 with bronze guides and ss valves. american racing headers 1 7/8. it put down 554/508 and drives great. this was in Florida heat. this combo with a ported fast would get you a few more hp and a good bump in tq. I really like the set up a lot.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:43 PM
musicmankeb
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1- American racing headers + x-pipe
2- super bee air filter
3- MAST Heads
4- 102 LSX-R FAST intake
5- B&B Bullet Exhaust
6- Katech 110 Cam
7- MGW Shifter
8- Some good tires like the Michelin Super sports
9- Make sure your clutch fluid is clean so your stock clutch lasts (ranger method)
10- Enjoy!
Old 08-15-2012, 12:14 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Stay stock, stay happy and you might want to consider an aftermarket warranty with a reputable company like Year One.

Honestly,

The car goes from 0 to 60 in 3.6 seconds (with a very capable driver), runs well into the 11s (with a very capable driver) and has a top end of 198 mph.

Do you really need more power than that for the street?

You just got the car, enjoy it how it sits and I bet you will never use the cars full potential in stock form (especially on the streets). If you ever can drive the car within its top limits in stock form then reassess if you really need to modify the car to make more power.

Over the pat 12 years where I have pissed away tens of thousands of dollars modifying LS powered vettes I have come to the conclusion that moddifying modern vettes for more horsepower is:

1. A BIG waste of money that you will never get back when you sell

2. Makes your car WAY more unreliable versus stock.

3. Makes the car VERY difficult when it comes time to sell.

4. Is an addiction that you can never stop

5. Always finds the next weak link in your car like the tranny, rear end, torque tube, etc., etc.

6. Can lead to A LOT of avoidable headaches and frustrations.

7. Pisses off the neighbors but that's always fun. :-)

Just saying..........but I do speak from experience.

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 08-15-2012 at 12:30 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:40 AM
u1arunit
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Mopar Jimmy
Stay stock, stay happy and you might want to consider an aftermarket warranty with a reputable company like Year One.

Honestly,

The car goes from 0 to 60 in 3.6 seconds (with a very capable driver), runs well into the 11s (with a very capable driver) and has a top end of 198 mph.

You just got the car, enjoy it how it sits and I bet you will never use the cars full potential in stock form (especially on the streets). If you ever can drive the car within its top limits in stock form then reassess if you really need to modify the car to make more power.

Over the pat 12 years where I have pissed away tens of thousands of dollars modifying LS powered vettes I have come to the conclusion that moddifying modern vettes for more horsepower is:

5. Always finds the next weak link in your car like the tranny, rear end, torque tube, etc., etc.

Good post Jimmy! This needs to be a sticky!
Old 08-15-2012, 09:01 AM
VTELVR
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '11

Honestly,

I would have to agree with this, but I would also say that it is your money, and your car, so do what pleases you.

I personally think that 505hp from the factory is just about as insane as you can get on American soil. There really is no "safe" place to run with that kind of power short of taking it to the track. I would think I would be satisfied with a few aesthetic items, along with an item or two that helps comfort and/or how the car feels(shifter, seats, etc), and maybe an exhaust system to turn up the volume without being completely obnoxious would be my course of action...That way, nothing that you did would affect the outcome of a sell if you so choose down the road.

A big, lumpy cam sounds awesome, and can produce big numbers with the supporting modifications, but realistically, where are you going to run this on the streets??

Once again, your car, your money.

Last edited by VTELVR; 08-15-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:08 AM
LS9Drew
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I say go ahead and mod it man, not all us are satisfied with 505HP and know plenty of places to use the power.

That seems like a good setup but maybe look at a slightly smaller cam and do some nice Ported/Milled Heads with all the goodies. Depending on the dyno should be good for 550-600+whp. More than likely will need a clutch as well, look at the Katech LS9R from RichieRichZ06.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Ahmadooo
6th Gear

thank you all for the replies ..... but still needs more opinions !
Old 08-15-2012, 12:50 PM
LS9Drew
Safety Car

How is stock power anymore "usable" then a Modded HP wise car? Acceleration is acceleration, you can feel that just doing 20-60 or anytime you floor it. You don't have to do top speed pulls to 200 to feel it. I always see that on this forum and never can understand why people say that.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:53 PM
u1arunit
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by LS7 DREW
How is stock power anymore "usable" then a Modded HP wise car? Acceleration is acceleration, you can feel that just doing 20-60 or anytime you floor it. You don't have to do top speed pulls to 200 to feel it. I always see that on this forum and never can understand why people say that.
Stock cars can hook a lot better than heavily modded ones I guess? Power is useless without control. People forget to add drag radials and can't hook the power up.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:02 PM
LS9Drew
Safety Car

Ya but the op has DRs, but ya I do see that a lot with people keeping runflats or street tires with 550-600whp lol
Old 08-15-2012, 02:56 PM
FSTFRC
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Honestly,

I guess you apply the same rules to your 69 Road Runner?

Last edited by FSTFRC; 08-15-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:58 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by FSTFRC
I guess you apply the same rules to your 69 Road Runner?
Yes, but I was still suffering from my addiction when it 505 CI Motor was built 1.5 years ago (see paragraph 4 of my post).
Old 08-16-2012, 01:01 AM
azZ06Mike
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '11

Livernois has a nice package that will get you what you want. Also don't worry about the resale as there are guys like me who just bought a pristine built Livernois car. There is always a buyer for everything!
Old 08-16-2012, 04:44 AM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Mopar Jimmy has hit it right on the nail.Its the biggest stupidity to mod a supercar that will by far exceed what 95 per cent of drivers can handle.Look at the performance stats of a stock z06 and if that doesnt satisfy you then you have a serious problem.Again most of the modded cars cant run any quicker than a stock one when going to the track because their owners havent got the driving skills to put all that power down.Next mods usually create problems with driveability not to mention they stress the weak link in the drivetrain.Mods equal throwing money in the garbage.You want more power then buy a zr1.You never see back a penny from whatever you spend on modding your car.

Get notified of new replies

To 2007 C6 Z06 MODs

Old 08-16-2012, 04:47 AM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

When i go to the track and i see guys in z06s and even zr1s running 12s and then they say i m going to modify it i say learn how to drive it.Its already got more power than you can handle.Take your z06 down a long stretch ,go through all the gears right to redline and if you still think you need to mod it you ll be one of the very few who think so.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:15 AM
JwT
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Honestly,

JwT
Old 08-16-2012, 01:37 PM
ANGRY Z
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Research and MOD. Fun no matter what, its worth it in the end IMO.

Quick Reply: [Z06] 2007 C6 Z06 MODs