Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] GT transformation

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 02:00 PM
LEE427
V10LEE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
Wow Hawtness..
Old 07-13-2012, 02:23 PM
mikymu
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LEE427
Wow Hawtness..
you mean the car right? lol

I am going to try to get couple pictures of the girls with my Z06 end of month when my body shop hold their annual BBQ car wash
Old 07-13-2012, 02:23 PM
GMuffley
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Does she take plastic?
Old 07-13-2012, 02:25 PM
mikymu
Pro

Originally Posted by GMuffley
Does she take plastic?
no ... they charge too much fee
Old 07-13-2012, 02:26 PM
spicytuna
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice job with the Xpel.

I bought a pre-cut Avery Nano Fusion kit for my front end and installed it myself so I can only imagine how tough it'd be to do a custom job with a rolled sheet.

The lower bumper must've been quite a pain!
Old 07-13-2012, 03:07 PM
mikymu
Pro

Originally Posted by spicytuna
Nice job with the Xpel.

I bought a pre-cut Avery Nano Fusion kit for my front end and installed it myself so I can only imagine how tough it'd be to do a custom job with a rolled sheet.

The lower bumper must've been quite a pain!
Yes, the front and rear bumpers are PITA and it take alot of patience and concentration to get it right. No one can tell I have clear film wrap unless I tell them. People always wonder why I have such a deep gloss shine
Old 07-13-2012, 04:22 PM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Old 07-13-2012, 08:13 PM
LEE427
V10LEE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you mean the car right? lol
No Porsches look all the same to me..

Now the chick..
Old 07-13-2012, 08:23 PM
mikymu
Pro

Originally Posted by LEE427
No Porsches look all the same to me..

Now the chick..
lol

I took great risk to post the girly pictures at work and glad you approve

I am thinking about bringing some of them on the track as umbrella girls ... I am serious. I need help to buckle up
Old 09-26-2012, 02:15 PM
skxf430
Burning Brakes

Mike,

Great pictures and I love the build you did to your Z06.

What size wheels and Hoosier are you running?
Old 09-26-2012, 02:54 PM
mikymu
Pro

Originally Posted by skxf430
Mike,

Great pictures and I love the build you did to your Z06.

What size wheels and Hoosier are you running?
Thanks

I am currently using Hoosier R6 295/30/18 front and 345/35/19 rear. Wheel size is 18X10.5 front and 18X 12.5 rear. It's been over 30 heat cycle and still very consistent as far as grip and lap time. I rotate the tire inside out every 12 heat cycle to even out the wear. I estimate it has another 20+HC left in life!

Will be trying out Michelin slicks soon
Old 09-26-2012, 03:02 PM
skxf430
Burning Brakes

With the Michelin slicks your times will be faster than your Cup car. Just amazing what these cars can do.

Do you think the ceramic brakes are worth it for the track? Seems like most of the Porsche guys swap out the ceramics for steel rotors.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:26 PM
mikymu
Pro

With the Michelin slicks your times will be faster than your Cup car. Just amazing what these cars can do.

Do you think the ceramic brakes are worth it for the track? Seems like most of the Porsche guys swap out the ceramics for steel rotors.
You know me, I like technology. Steel rotors can easily do the job well but I like trying new things. So far the Z06 ceramic brakes are fantastic but brake pads are expensive. I had about 8 track events in the Z06 and front pads are almost done. They are $500 a set for the front. I am talking with endless to see if they can custom make a set of pads for me that will last longer with better brake modulation - OEM pads do grab too much and release is a bit tricky.

Yes, my Z06 with Michelin slick will be faster than Cup but hauling 3300 lbs at that speed is hard on the machine so won't be able to do low 1:50's at TH lap after lap like the Cup
Old 09-26-2012, 04:58 PM
skxf430
Burning Brakes

Endless pads are always money $$$$. I was running both Endless brake fluid and ME20's pads, and they were both great. A real firm pedal, more initial bite, and plenty of power. It should be great for your Z06.

Yes, it is unlikely a modded Z06 could sustain lap after lap with a Cup car but it is certainly interesting to know how much potential is in the car. I am even somewhat surprised it could even match a Cup cars one lap time. Very impressive.

Where dealer did you get your car from?

There aren't too many dealers here in LA with any inventory. And, I am having difficulty of finding a good shop to perform any of the mods or upgrades to a Vette.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:53 PM
mikymu
Pro

Endless pads are always money $$$$. I was running both Endless brake fluid and ME20's pads, and they were both great. A real firm pedal, more initial bite, and plenty of power. It should be great for your Z06.

Yes, it is unlikely a modded Z06 could sustain lap after lap with a Cup car but it is certainly interesting to know how much potential is in the car. I am even somewhat surprised it could even match a Cup cars one lap time. Very impressive.

Where dealer did you get your car from?

There aren't too many dealers here in LA with any inventory. And, I am having difficulty of finding a good shop to perform any of the mods or upgrades to a Vette.
Endless brake pads cost $1100 a set of my Cup but the same pads has lasted over 1 year and no signs of pad wear at all ... really amazing stuff. I was using Pagid and would have to change pads at least twice by now and each set cost more than $800 so at the end endless pads is much more cost effective

All the new Z06 carbon are sold. I got mine from San Jose Chevy. I do all my work and had to use Able Chevy at times to reflash software etc.

I just change out rubber control arm bushing to spherical and also got rid of stock shocks and changed to Ohlins two ways - hope this will be more durable when I do fast lap after lap - more tuning is still underway for the new shock setup. Was out at Thunderhill last Friday and ran with couple Z06 and a 600+ hp to the wheels ZR1 .... it was super difficult for them to keep up

Old 09-26-2012, 06:09 PM
skxf430
Burning Brakes

Nice video and it looked like a lot of fun out there. It is a bit too far for me to get up there. Furthest north I go is Button Willow.

Yes, I think your car was a limited run but you can still get a Z06 with the Z07 performance package. That package has the ceramic brakes, selective ride control, traction control, more cooling capacity, and Sport Cups. I am wondering if you can get the stock shocks re-valved and re-sprung???!!!!
Old 09-26-2012, 06:15 PM
mikymu
Pro

Nice video and it looked like a lot of fun out there. It is a bit too far for me to get up there. Furthest north I go is Button Willow.

Yes, I think your car was a limited run but you can still get a Z06 with the Z07 performance package. That package has the ceramic brakes, selective ride control, traction control, more cooling capacity, and Sport Cups. I am wondering if you can get the stock shocks re-valved and re-sprung???!!!!
I don't think you can revalve the stock shocks since it's the "fancy" magnetic shocks and work differently than typical mechanical shocks. Once you get to Cup car speed you have exceeded stock suspension capability .... my Z06 managed to pop Pfadt sway's retaining ring and bend both sway connecting rods!

Yes, you do not need the Carbon edition to get the goodies of the performance package. Once you run Laguna Seca and Thunderhill Southern California tracks will feel like driving in the parking lot

Get notified of new replies

To GT transformation

Old 09-26-2012, 07:39 PM
skxf430
Burning Brakes

I don't think you can revalve the stock shocks since it's the "fancy" magnetic shocks and work differently than typical mechanical shocks. Once you get to Cup car speed you have exceeded stock suspension capability .... my Z06 managed to pop Pfadt sway's retaining ring and bend both sway connecting rods!

Yes, you do not need the Carbon edition to get the goodies of the performance package. Once you run Laguna Seca and Thunderhill Southern California tracks will feel like driving in the parking lot
I have run at Laguna before but want to get up to Infineon and TH someday.

I know Big Willow isn't the most challenging and Button Willow's pavement is a little suspect but Chuckwalla and Fontana are a lot of fun. I am sure you would have a good time at both those tracks in either of your cars.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:54 PM
mikymu
Pro

I have run at Laguna before but want to get up to Infineon and TH someday.

I know Big Willow isn't the most challenging and Button Willow's pavement is a little suspect but Chuckwalla and Fontana are a lot of fun. I am sure you would have a good time at both those tracks in either of your cars.
I am really spoiled by the tracks here. Sonoma raceway aka Infineon is fun until you pick up speed then it's not so fun when the wall come crashing to you. it's totally worth the trip to try Thunderhill one of these days. You can sign up to two days weekend event to give yourself time to travel and learn
Old 09-27-2012, 06:47 AM
dcsteg
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There still might be a few Z06 Carbons out there. I purchased mine June 19 2012. It had 6 miles on it. At that time I think there 4-5 left. One in Texas for sure

Quick Reply: [Z06] GT transformation