Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Bored with the Z.... Alternatives ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 11:47 AM
619grappler
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He said he's in the position he's in because it was GIVEN to him. He asked a legit question. So many haters on here. I'm sure he's the ONLY member on here born into money lol. The rest of you earned it the hard way right. Please.

It sounds like you want an all-around package. Performance-wise you enjoyed your Z. Interior-wise, another story. Carvaggio does some great work. I'd love to have them work their magic on my interior but that's too rich for my blood lol. If not, GTR would be the way to go from those cars you listed IMO. Those things are known performers and their interior is much better than a Z's. Plus they can be modded to be absolute monsters should you wish.

Last edited by 619grappler; 05-09-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:47 AM
CivEngineer
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GTR - easy to mod or CTS-V, go 2 door, may be a bit "younger" in style. I love the CTS-Vs, but I'd def get the 4 door for more practicality (luggage, friends on road trips-you are 19, I'm sure you will have plenty of these). - I am 29, so my taste may be a little different with the decade age difference.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:50 AM
JABLS7
Instructor

Originally Posted by KLRBEE2
Maybe you should go out and get some *****...that ought to keep your mind off your cars
Best response I've seen all day lol, that's a close 1st to taking the R8 out. The sound of that V10 is orgasmic..
In all honesty all the **** aside, Im just looking for a replacement to my Z as a DD and that is all. Im just looking fo feed back of what others have traded for or came from.

Im always going to deal with the haters trying to justify themselves instead of just being happy for another. But quite frankly they can blow me...
BearZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 1,375 Likes on 794 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'22-'23

What did the op expect to get with those comments and questions on a Z06 forum? Try somewhere else whippersnapper.
Scooter275
Instructor

Originally Posted by 240sx2jz
I'm 28 and have done everything in my power to crush it as a Medical Device engineer for the past 5 years and its slow going unless you have someone to fast-track it for you. There is no way i could have been a CEO 9 years ago, knowledge or maturity haha.

Anyways...sell the vette, TT the R8 at underground and get newer 5 series to take customers out in and look professional so that everyone doesnt think you are just flaunting it. DONE!!
Underground racing TT 30 years old looking for Z06! New 2013 GT500 looks good
Old 05-09-2012, 11:53 AM
CB1953
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by KLRBEE2
Maybe you should go out and get some *****...that ought to keep your mind off your cars
Good one....and he is still a troll.....
Old 05-09-2012, 12:13 PM
JABLS7
Instructor

Originally Posted by CB1953
Good one....and he is still a troll.....
How am i a troll for asking a legitimate question and shedding on the fact the Z has flaws, sorry? Im not a troll tho Im just a guy with taste.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:13 PM
ChevyCobb
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ZR1 with upgraded interior?
Old 05-09-2012, 12:24 PM
ChevyCobb
Pro

Originally Posted by JABLS7
Also for all the jealous geezers calling me a troll or whatever, snaped this walking out this morning

This morning huh? Thats funny because you posted the same picture here on 3-24-12.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1580369790-post1.html

Either you also have a delorean, or that is one f***ing magical camera.
No need to lie to prove a point man.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:30 PM
619grappler
Racer

Guess maybe he is a troll lol. And to think I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Joezone914
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

If you are looking for a daily driver that is sporty and quick there are several choices. I would probably stay away from the m6 but that's me. The GTR is nice. How are the road conditions near you? I ask because in LA the freeway near me (405)is a rough crappy road. That said my zr ride is better than my z06 due to the msrc. That said the GTR won't be any better than the msrc vette. For me in LA my wife cts-v is much better daily driver. I'm a big fan of AMG but not loving on the c-class yet. In fact, if I could afford a second car I would get the SL63 or 65 for DD and my vette for fun use. BMW m series also very nice. Just don't care for the outgoing m5/6 since you are talking 08. Benz & BMW are much more costly maintenance than american. I also would not rule out a lexus IS-f. Very fun car.

If your roads are good and you are not taking more than one passenger in your car during business lunches GTR is very nice. If I was stillin FL my zr would be perfect DD. Being in LA it is my DD but it is not perfect. It is just the perfect sacrifice for me only having one car and wanting something really great for the track and can still get to work on a daily basis.

Joe

Last edited by Joezone914; 05-09-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:51 PM
HyperX
Team Owner

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by ChevyCobb
This morning huh? Thats funny because you posted the same picture here on 3-24-12.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Junk Box
Instructor

Get an 09/10 GTR, spend about $5k and you'll be on the same power level as a 2013 GTR.... But it is a totally different kind of car, and may be a little more "boring" to you than the Z06.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:08 PM
NO S8NT
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

As i figured i would have a bunch of 40+ jealous old people posting calling me a troll or that Im spoiled Im not to phased by it. If it will help you sleep at nright il explain myself. Im 19 and the head of management for a cabinet drafting department and marketing. I also am the ceo of a production company here in Houston that has taken of very quickly. However i do have perks, one being my family's wealth i do not pay insurance or gas. There for making xxx,xxx a year makes it quiet easy to own these kind of cars. Im sorry that opportunitys presented themselves and i have had much luck becoming as successful as i.am. I understand that the normal response from anyone that's old and jealous is that if i haven't worked 30 years and delt with the same problems as you then i must be living or its all parents money. To you i have to say its sad then when you see someone more successful than yourself at a young age you feel the need to retaliate and post a witty remark depicting your imaturatey.
To these of you that actually answered thank you.
I've decided between the gtr and m6. I just bought the R8 so that's why Im trying to have a budget on this car. The gtr has a full warentty the 08 m6 would not so that's why service would scare me.
Also I've owned a tahoe, range rover sport, camaro ss, the Z and the R8. I've also driven my dads F430 and gt2 when he owned it so i have experienced a whole variety of cars i think i rushed into.the Z and found that its not what i really wanted Im just asking for input on alternatives that's all not have a fight.

Also for all the jealous geezers calling me a troll or whatever, snaped this walking out this morning

Also this was all written on my iphone so please excuse any problems.
Like i said i was just asking for input. This fourms always been great, apparently age changes everyone's opinions tho..

And for all you jealous geezers, shaped this
Rule #1

Success is not measured by how much $$ you have or don't have.

Rule #2

Everyone will leave this world the same way they came into it....butt naked and broke!

If you're really bored, sell the Z and look into sending your R8 to Heffner's for a power boost.

kp
Old 05-09-2012, 01:13 PM
JABLS7
Instructor

Originally Posted by ChevyCobb

I couldn't upload the one i took this morning and that's all i had on ny phone,

Yea by let me guess Joe@exoforged witch is me, my vendor account. You would know that if you read down that post. The picture intent from this morning however its all i had of both of them on my phone atm. Il post a few when i get home if it helps. Im no troll why would a troll be part of the fourm for 9 months?
I can get you a video of me driving the car to maybe give you insight into something you will never do.

Only other one i have right now from a few days back

Last edited by JABLS7; 05-09-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:17 PM
619grappler
Racer

I couldn't upload the one i took this morning and that's all i had on ny phone,

Yea by let me guess Joe@exoforged witch is me, my vendor account. You would know that if you read down that post. The picture intent from this morning however its all i had of both of them on my phone atm. Il post a few when i get home if it helps. Im no troll why would a troll be part of the fourm for 9 months?
I can get you a video of me driving the car to maybe give you insight into something you will never do.
Wow, really. How do you know he can't afford an R-8? There's a lot of people on this forum with more money than you (though I'm not one of them). Kind of childish remark.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:28 PM
ChevyCobb
Pro

I really don't care what cars you own. I was just pointing out that it looked like you were resorting to lying to try and make a point, and that doesn't usually look too good.
Classless attitude as well. Not exactly a good image for exoforged to have.

Last edited by ChevyCobb; 05-09-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Bored with the Z.... Alternatives ?

Old 05-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Junk Box
Instructor

JABLS7: Just move on with the GTR. Any car forum you go on and talk negative about that car, members will just cry about it.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Jimmyz28
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

2013 Viper...? I'm sure that would only start to be boring after 8 months or so.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:13 PM
3LZZ06
_"SCOTT"_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by 619grappler
Wow, really. How do you know he can't afford an R-8? There's a lot of people on this forum with more money than you (though I'm not one of them). Kind of childish remark.
...Kind of???...no, it is a childish remark.

Even though the OP claims not to be a troll, the remarks, responses, and even the original post has troll/child written all over it, and that's even without every other word being misspelled. My 1 year old can probably do a better job at putting a paragraph together...

CEO of a company???...

Now that's truly beyond ridiculous!!!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Bored with the Z.... Alternatives ?