Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Bored with the Z.... Alternatives ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 06:13 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,576 Likes on 2,166 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

I'm not bored with my Z at all but I'm much older than you
Old 05-09-2012, 07:33 AM
3LZZ06
_"SCOTT"_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

I like pie...
Old 05-09-2012, 07:47 AM
EdsC6Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'08-'10

Obviously you need a 6.2 Colorado to satisfy you!
Old 05-09-2012, 08:02 AM
Random84
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another post to satisfy the "Look at Me!" cry for help.

Sell the Z06, buyt an import tuner car with a blower and 6" muffler - spend the difference on burgers and soda while retaining bragging rights in the mall parking lot. Just don't forget the sick offset racing stripe and crazy paint color to really stand out. Afterall, a discriminating gentleman does not want to be overlooked.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:40 AM
dcamick
Tether Man
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,027 Likes on 1,043 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
This post reaks of Troll...either that or you're a trust fund baby that doesn't understand the value of the dollar, but here it goes:

Exactly...you're in your "teens", and it shows in your post. Your "I'm bored with my Z06 ever since my mommy bought me an R8" is laughable, but quite simply, you haven't experienced enough vehicles to appreciate what you currently drive. Pick up a used (05-07) SL65 Mercedes (twin turbo V12). That's a classy beast of a car, but given that you're scared of BMW repair costs, I have a feeling that if anything breaks on that car you'll be in over your head. Something with a warranty...perhaps you want a ZL1 Camaro which has some bits and pieces from the ZR1, but at half the cost. Or, if handling is your issue, go grab your mommy's credit card and order some sways and coil overs for the Z06.

Sorry to be harsh, but your post was just f*cken lame.
Nice!
Old 05-09-2012, 08:47 AM
4GS7
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 78 Posts

So you have a V10 R8 AND a Z06 and you're bored with the Z06, so you want to replace it with something that is exactly like the R8? If you're not completely full of ****, why not just downsize to one sports car?

And how is it you own a 150k supercar yet you're scared of the maintenance on an M6? Also, how is it you own a 150k supercar and will be selling another car for about 45k and yet you can't afford a used GTR? And how little do you know about cars to realize that your Z06 is one of the most reliable and cheap to maintain sports cars ever built? Also, sick of your interior? Spend some of that trust fund at Caravaggio.

And if you think the CTS-V is too "old man" for you, you're clearly not talented enough to drive like this.

How about instead of dumping your car, take a few grand to fly out to Spring Mountain so someone can show you how to take an even faster Corvette around a road course. Don't complain that your tools are wrong if you don't know how to use them.

You're clearly a teenager. Go troll Luxury4Play.

Last edited by 4GS7; 05-09-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:32 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

I think you need a sweet Honda Civic, lowered with some chrome rims, maybe a big hood scoop for that mighty 1.6L, tow hooks, and a big old tin can exhaust. Oh don't forget the big boom in the trunk, and the most important mod of all...sideways baseball cap! Good luck with the new ride.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:37 AM
HyperX
Team Owner

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

How is a GTR out of your budget if you supposedly have an R8?
Old 05-09-2012, 10:09 AM
TurdsOfMayhem
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

(scoff) I hope this isn't a serious thread. I daily drive my Z and love it. Haven't had any issues driving in rain or huge down pours. It is a very manageable car to just putt around town or a quick blast for a 4hr trip.

I feel bad for these cars that don't get driven frequently. lol
Old 05-09-2012, 10:23 AM
JABLS7
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As i figured i would have a bunch of 40+ jealous old people posting calling me a troll or that Im spoiled Im not to phased by it. If it will help you sleep at nright il explain myself. Im 19 and the head of management for a cabinet drafting department and marketing. I also am the ceo of a production company here in Houston that has taken of very quickly. However i do have perks, one being my family's wealth i do not pay insurance or gas. There for making xxx,xxx a year makes it quiet easy to own these kind of cars. Im sorry that opportunitys presented themselves and i have had much luck becoming as successful as i.am. I understand that the normal response from anyone that's old and jealous is that if i haven't worked 30 years and delt with the same problems as you then i must be living or its all parents money. To you i have to say its sad then when you see someone more successful than yourself at a young age you feel the need to retaliate and post a witty remark depicting your imaturatey.
To these of you that actually answered thank you.
I've decided between the gtr and m6. I just bought the R8 so that's why Im trying to have a budget on this car. The gtr has a full warentty the 08 m6 would not so that's why service would scare me.
Also I've owned a tahoe, range rover sport, camaro ss, the Z and the R8. I've also driven my dads F430 and gt2 when he owned it so i have experienced a whole variety of cars i think i rushed into.the Z and found that its not what i really wanted Im just asking for input on alternatives that's all not have a fight.

Also for all the jealous geezers calling me a troll or whatever, snaped this walking out this morning

Also this was all written on my iphone so please excuse any problems.
Like i said i was just asking for input. This fourms always been great, apparently age changes everyone's opinions tho..

And for all you jealous geezers, shaped this

Last edited by JABLS7; 05-09-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:43 AM
dcsteg
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It appears money is no a issue with you.

You have already achieved, with that stable of cars, what many of us will never have the opportunity to drive and enjoy.

Take a few of your mom and dads coins and visit West Coast Customs and have them trick the Z out for you. The sky is the limit and that should keep you happy for a time. When that wears out go buy a jet and learn how to fly.

If you can learn to keep your life simple and your toys down to a minimum you will be much happier. Non of that s*** brings true happiness.

I wish you well
Old 05-09-2012, 10:49 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Your parents must be so proud.....can you tell them to buy me a R8 too.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:49 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

I can tell you as someone who made it in corparate America by simply climbing the ladder, there is NO WAY you got to be the head of management or CEO of anything by age 19 without someone who was in power (dad, mom, uncle, relative, friend) putting you in that position.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:55 AM
619grappler
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love several makes and models but I'm not in a position to own them. I was able to afford a used Z love it. Exotics like the R-8, Ferrari's, and Lambos, etc. will probably always be out of my reach. Too much maintenance cost for me.

My opinion is you shouldn't give up on the Z just yet. Have you given any thought to shipping it to Katech or Lingenfelter? I'm sure they could add to the Z's enjoyment factor.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:13 AM
LS9Drew
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Haters gonna hate bro, get one of the cars I listed before or maybe send your car to LMR and get one of those packages they have done.
BMWs are terribly slow and always have been you will be disappointed if you buy one no matter how nice the interior is. AMGs are the only German cars not exotics worth owning imo.

But a gtr if your making 6figures man who cares about warranty when it seems like you don't got many if any expenses just mod it right the first time
Old 05-09-2012, 11:25 AM
spicytuna
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would go with the GTR.

It's a car which is similar in performance to your Z06 but it'd make a better DD due to its transmission and AWD and it does have a better interior, IMHO.

The M6 isn't a lateral move like the GTR but it's a very nice car. I'd simply be worried about the possible repairs if it's out of warranty.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:26 AM
JABLS7
Instructor

Originally Posted by LS7 DREW
Haters gonna hate bro, get one of the cars I listed before or maybe send your car to LMR and get one of those packages they have done.
BMWs are terribly slow and always have been you will be disappointed if you buy one no matter how nice the interior is. AMGs are the only German cars not exotics worth owning imo.

But a gtr if your making 6figures man who cares about warranty when it seems like you don't got many if any expenses just mod it right the first time
I appreciate the legitimate response. I have toyed with the thought of upgrading the Z but i.dot.think Im bored or.the power, how could i be!! Lol
Im more just sick of the rest of it.

Im really looking into the gtr, i have other expenses that's why im trying to stay under 60.

To the rest: like i said i have perks like getting my job was due to someone in power i never said it want tho. My point is my personal business is mine.
Some how my question of "alternatives to the z06" got answers that Imidatly turned into "Im jealous and bitter so i need to start a whole new answer on how i can make myself look like a jealous old man and respond accordingly.

Honestly tho in the end its whatever Im the one with this awesome problem and you're the ones sitting.g behind your computer trying to justify why you're not in my position.
Was imiatley turned into "Im jealous

Get notified of new replies

To Bored with the Z.... Alternatives ?

Old 05-09-2012, 11:33 AM
240sx2jz
Racer

Originally Posted by 95jersey
I can tell you as someone who made it in corparate America by simply climbing the ladder, there is NO WAY you got to be the head of management or CEO of anything by age 19 without someone who was in power (dad, mom, uncle, relative, friend) putting you in that position.
I'm 28 and have done everything in my power to crush it as a Medical Device engineer for the past 5 years and its slow going unless you have someone to fast-track it for you. There is no way i could have been a CEO 9 years ago, knowledge or maturity haha.

Anyways...sell the vette, TT the R8 at underground and get newer 5 series to take customers out in and look professional so that everyone doesnt think you are just flaunting it. DONE!!
Old 05-09-2012, 11:34 AM
KLRBEE2
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe you should go out and get some *****...that ought to keep your mind off your cars
Old 05-09-2012, 11:41 AM
LS9Drew
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

63 series or 65 series AMG then all the way or CTS-V, both of those you can mod if you want and can take it no problem. Plus be nice to have a sedan since you already have a 2 seater

Quick Reply: [Z06] Bored with the Z.... Alternatives ?