Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] 2009 Z06 new HRE Rims

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 12:24 AM
Frenchican
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great. I've had my HREs for a few years now. They have held up well. Going to get a new set soon and make my current set for the track.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:59 AM
DON T.
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by g-townmach
Agreed... Turn you wheels AWAY from the side you're taking the picture. Like this.

Oh and post more pics... NOW! I've been waiting to see these on a c6. They're actually "reasonable" priced HRE lines.
thanks, ill get pics today if i can, they were 4500 otd shipping included, i was afraid some would call the look old school, but i guess im old school but i was not sure how if the look would be a zo6 look,if that makes any since. but once i saw the profile, everybody at the dealership was blown away how it changed the whole personality of the car.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:15 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

I agree about the lowering. Don, I am slammed pretty low and around Charlotte, its not that bad, but you just have to know where to stay away and avoid. Do those wheels some justice.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:56 AM
DON T.
Drifting

Originally Posted by LFZ
I agree about the lowering. Don, I am slammed pretty low and around Charlotte, its not that bad, but you just have to know where to stay away and avoid. Do those wheels some justice.
OK!!!!! who can do the lowering for me and how much? im ready to do it now!!!!!
Old 03-08-2012, 11:05 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Originally Posted by DON T.
OK!!!!! who can do the lowering for me and how much? im ready to do it now!!!!!
You can do a very mild drop yourself...and see how you like it. Just turn those bolts at the end of the springs all the way up. Very easy...I think there are some DIYs and Youtube vids on how to do it.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:54 AM
DON T.
Drifting

Originally Posted by LFZ
You can do a very mild drop yourself...and see how you like it. Just turn those bolts at the end of the springs all the way up. Very easy...I think there are some DIYs and Youtube vids on how to do it.
are we talking maby half to a quarter? that i believe i could live with having the front splitter, thanks, ill let you know how this comes out,
Old 03-08-2012, 12:07 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

are we talking maby half to a quarter? that i believe i could live with having the front splitter, thanks, ill let you know how this comes out,
Depends on your car...when I did mine, I didn't get much...my buddy on the other hand got a noticeable difference. But yes, I'd say 0.25" on the average.

I had to go with lowering bolts to really get the car down.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:08 PM
DON T.
Drifting

help! i work at scott clark toyota, my mech says he will lower car by turning the bolts at the end of the springs,(as i have read in the forum) BUT, he says ill need an alinement cause it messes up toe and chamber and he says the machine will scratch my new rims? is this the case, and if so, what can i do,if anything thanks anyone who can help this learning newbe with his zo6
Old 03-08-2012, 12:09 PM
eight3two
Instructor

I've lowered mine on stock bolts with no alignment issues.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:12 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

help! i work at scott clark toyota, my mech says he will lower car by turning the bolts at the end of the springs,(as i have read in the forum) BUT, he says ill need an alinement cause it messes up toe and chamber and he says the machine will scratch my new rims? is this the case, and if so, what can i do,if anything thanks anyone who can help this learning newbe with his zo6
I work right down the road from you guys....if you need an alignment, your car probably needed it anyways.

Can't you just put your stock wheels back on and have it aligned?
Old 03-08-2012, 12:41 PM
DON T.
Drifting

Originally Posted by LFZ
I work right down the road from you guys....if you need an alignment, your car probably needed it anyways.

Can't you just put your stock wheels back on and have it aligned?
DAMN, sold them this week, oh well, but she rides great, 100% perfect, so i guess ill hope she will ride just as good. thanks, but, in the future, is it not possible to align the car with these rims? i may have F up selling my other rims
Old 03-08-2012, 12:42 PM
DON T.
Drifting

Originally Posted by eight3two
I've lowered mine on stock bolts with no alignment issues.
i hope that is the issue with mine, im going to do it today, i hope she rides like your z....... thanks
Old 03-08-2012, 12:57 PM
superstreet
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Those are some sharp azz wheels!! Nice color combo!
Old 03-08-2012, 01:44 PM
DON T.
Drifting

[QUOTE=45Z06;1580216558]Looks really good but please lower the car. When I lowered mine it looked like a different car, I'm serious. A friend of mine just visited me from NY, he drove his Z down all the way to Florida. He has the same color z as I do and when he saw mine he flipped out. Slam that thing!!

[/QUOTEim going to lower my car by turning the SPRING bolts all the way up, will i have any kind of alingment issues? my mech at my toyota store says it will and he want do it because the allingment machine will scrtach my new rims, i sold my old rims 2 days ago, did i screw myself? or do u think she will ride ok?
Old 03-08-2012, 06:53 PM
DON T.
Drifting

Originally Posted by LFZ
iv been swamped at work as uasuall, can you tell me who lowered your z and ill pay top dollar to have it done right!! i have no tools and no way to raise the car, look forward to hearing from you.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:36 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

iv been swamped at work as uasuall, can you tell me who lowered your z and ill pay top dollar to have it done right!! i have no tools and no way to raise the car, look forward to hearing from you.
I did it myself in my garage...I do all installs myself. If you need a hand...PM me and I'll give you my number, and I'll help you out.

***I'm not sure I'd trust any shop in Charlotte to install bolts on a Z.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:51 PM
DON T.
Drifting

Originally Posted by LFZ
I did it myself in my garage...I do all installs myself. If you need a hand...PM me and I'll give you my number, and I'll help you out.

***I'm not sure I'd trust any shop in Charlotte to install bolts on a Z.
you are a godsend my friend, ill ghive you a call within the hour,

Get notified of new replies

To 2009 Z06 new HRE Rims

Old 03-08-2012, 11:19 PM
Sledchopper72
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Z looks great!!! Also I agree about lowering ur Z. Mines lowered just alittle...lol
Old 03-09-2012, 11:44 AM
0HRE_Wheels
Former Vendor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys,

Check out my new HRE rims. Follow the link below and be sure to leave your feedback.

Don

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/pict...ctureid=105840
Nice!
Old 03-09-2012, 02:35 PM
QwikC
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks everyone, this was a total rush job,and im new at this, so angles are terrible, these are hre 567r, 18front/19rear. charcoal powdercoated center,polished outer half and clear coated. spending this kind of $ was scary but i went for it and im blown away how it changed the car. BTW, car has not been lowered. will try to get better pics tomorrow and get my stiff looking face out of pic..
Congratulations, wheels very nicely enhance the appearance, lowering it will only further serve to complement the overall. Incidentally, what are the widths?

Quick Reply: [Z06] 2009 Z06 new HRE Rims