Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Exit Interview

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 11:52 AM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

What I wrote 162 posts ago:

Thanks - Exit Interview is Concluded.
Best of luck in your future endeavors.
Don't let the door hit you in your Nissan on the way out
Old 02-29-2012, 11:54 AM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by AirBusPilot
Sometimes I think of getting rid of my Z.

1. I won't drive it in the rain (what's the point).
2. I drive to the gym.
3. And I drive it on "date" night. If the weather is good. And, if we're NOT going downtown (too risky parking it).
4. The car culture here in Austin isn't near as good as it was in Phoenix. With Firebird drag strip just south of downtown, it was easy to go race it. And I'd hang around my old GTO car club. Here in Austin, the only car group I occasionally hang with are guys that own UGR Lambos. I feel like I'm driving my civic around that group.
5. I drove a BMW 550i and the combination of luxury, performance and looks are very tempting.
6. When driving the Z06, I *sometimes* get the uneasy feeling that I'd get if people were pointing guns at me.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Z. It totally dominates the road. I'm just not sure how important it is to dominate the road anymore.
Priorities change. Long time forum member Jschindler just sold his.

The difference was that he felt no need to conduct any sort of "exit interview".

He just said that he wasn't driving it enough to justify it, had just bought a third motorcycle, putting bikes in his stable, and wanted to concentrate his efforts on renewing his hobby of motorcycle ownership.

My Z06 hasn't been moved much since November. But I know that once the weather breaks, and the weekend's come, my Z06 hobby will take the forefront.

Right now it's the truck. Smells new, fun to drive, can drive it in just about anything, has practical use. But later it will be the Z06 which grabs my attention and the truck will likely sit or be used by my wife over the summer.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:00 PM
BSSN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06
Well, because you have elected to continue to post in the thread as opposed to just going on your way to the Nissan forums and enjoying and learning about your new purchase, you have already shared more of your financial info than perhaps which was necessary. Agree. A few drama queens baited me into it. Happily quick-edited, though, before someone quoted it I believe. But really, you asked.

I think this happened because you are trying so hard to convince first yourself, and then us, that the biggest reason why you got rid of the car was because of the seats, the radio, and that it was too fast for the street. No, I think YOU are trying to convince YOURSELF that the car itself was not the reason I got rid of it. It's like the ugly girl at the bar that noone talks to who swears none of the men can handle her and are all gay or something. Come off it.

When in actuality, this car was becoming a financial drain and making it more difficult to put aside resources into perhaps savings, investments etc
Well of course, but it's not like $450 a month is meaningful in that regard, it is a nice bonus, but not a motivating factor in and of itself.
There is absolutely no disgrace in that, and at 25 years old, I applaud you for having the common sense to no longer let a car eat into your financial resources the way that this one was.
It was nibbling, but again, you're making a mountain of a mole-hill. One extra shift a month would cover the difference between owning the Z06 and 370Z.
I was a struggling 25 year old resident myself back in the day. Our program director didn't allow moonlighting. My residency was my first real "job" and I made less than half of what you say you make now, so I know what it is to want things, think that they are a good idea to pay for over time, then get a little bit upstream, and discover that putting myself under such an obligation was not a good idea.
I think I could better (smarter?) spend the money, but I enjoy a sports car. I just enjoy the 370Z more than the Z06, and it costing less is a bonus. When I was saving for this Z06 for the money down, I was making 25% less than I do now, and saving $1500 a month for it. My situation actually improved greatly once I bought it.
But why not call it what it is and leave it at that, instead of continually bad mouthing the car?
Exactly. Lets call it what it is. I told you in my FIRST POST what it is. Then I re-iterated it dozens of times. You have now made it clear to me that you are projecting your situation at my age onto me as though it were my situation. I think THAT is the real issue with this particular train of thought. Look at it from my perspective--I've told you a dozen times over. We know your opinion--Z06 is for you. Great, and it's a great car.

The car was eating a good chunk of his monthly "take home" income. From the numbers he's already given, possibly as much as a third.
Much less than that.

That money was coming out of his check before he ever saw it. Meaning that when he got his check, by the time the taxes and that car payment came out of it, it was about a grand lighter than it would have been were that car gone, and the storage and insurance would have to be paid out of the figure in the last box to the right on that check.
Yeah...it was kindof understood when I bought the car. As I said before, it was less money that I saved coming out of a larger check. Not the issue...
If that happens enough pay periods, then that little bit of static or resonance in that radio, sounds a lot worse than it would have. When you go into that curve and slide a few inches in that driver's seat, if feels as though you slid a few feet instead. If I had gotten the car for free that would bug me And when it doesn't meet the mom approval I see her once every few years. Even my mother thought the seats suck, and she's the demographic I think these cars seats were made for. Now you're trying to paint a guy who hasn't talked to his mom on the phone in a month as a momma's boy? *sigh*, well then that's all some of us need to hear to make us go ahead and make a decision......lets face it, mom has influence.......if mom doesn't approve of a woman we are dating or about to marry, that's enough for some of us to nix the deal. So that car, had no chance once mom made her comments. I really hope this is not another case of projecting...

It would be hard for anyone to stay excited for very long about a vehicle purchase which was

1. Accounting for approximately one third of their paycheck.
Inaccurate.
2. Which they were driving very infrequently, i.e. wiring out to about 350 miles per month over a period of about 11 month's ownership.
I put about 1000 miles a month on it until it began to grate on me. Then yeah, I avoided it.

3. In light of the above, ANY perceived wart that the car has is going to be magnified. The owner is going to be extremely vocal about even the slightest, most trivial thing, if that thing is accounting for such a large percentage of his income.
What...WHAT...is your fixation with what you THINK my income is?
These cars are expensive, and part of the reason why they aren't for everyone.
It's one reason, yes. It was non-applicable in this case.
They really have no practical use, unless the owner is daily driving it, and even then it's tough to argue even in that scenario, that they are practical.

When they are not daily drivers, and are toys, then the expense becomes even harder to justify.

If you think I can't happily afford the Z06, that's your business. It's not what happened, and it's not what I told you happened. Why continue with it?

I understand what you are trying to do. You're trying to figure out why I would sell a Z06 for a 370Z if money wasn't the prime factor. You just can't wrap your head around it. That's okay, you probably shouldn't follow in my footsteps. Stop looking for further validation for my decisions by trying to convince yourself that I have an income issue. I got rid of the Z06 because I didn't like it. The money is an added bonus, and since I found something I like for less, heck, I'll take it! It does everything the Z06 did performance wise except accelerate as quickly, and it gives up about 0.05g on the skidpad. As stated, neither really make/break a car for MY use.

Instead of creating some elaborate scenario, why don't you just listen to what I'm telling you? Do you think I have some crazy hidden agenda to make you sell your car or something?

Last edited by BSSN; 02-29-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:09 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Originally Posted by lmcgrew79
This whole thread reminds me of the "what ever i have is better theory". I am 32, never owned a vette, and have a 08 viper highly modded, acr clone, and it is a brutal ride , crappy interior, fast as hell, and handling is unreal, used as a track car and joy rider. Traded a 09 CTS V for it, because it didnt make since to sit in the garage, as i didnt daily drive it, would be a great daily driver though. Daily driver is a 08 2500 HD GMC, and range rover sport supercharged.

I have to agree that the after the honeymoon wore off bssn wasnt happy with paying the payments, which in turn you start to find all the "logical reasons" to get out of the payment. Makes perfect since. A few notes imo.
1. Nissan isnt as nimble in a parking lot. The C6 Z06 is hands down the best SCCA Solo Super stock car that you can have. IE Better in parking lots.
2. Nissan maybe compare to a c5 base vette, but not a c5 z06. Could have bought a c5 z06 and a cobalt, for the price of the nissan.
3. Perception is way off, softer suspension may make you feel like your are closer to the limit, but the car is not giving good feedback, it s giving a perception of feedback. Very hard to find a cars limit like this. Where in the tighter suspension of the z06 the limit is very noticable when you hit it, its way up there, and usually dont unless on a track.
4. Interior of a mercedes, i for one think they are very basic, horrible navigation, uncomfy seats, should switch with the corvette. BMW is even worst. Again imo.

The reason to get rid of a purpose based car (joyriding, carshows, racing etc.), because the interior is not up to snuff is unreal. These cars are sold partly because of the racing heritage. Race cars dont have, sound dampening, nice leather dashes, soft cushy suspension, nav, nice radios, motors torn apart and rebuilt quite often. The corvette is a street car first, and race car second like all other street legal "track"cars.

I think car and driver had it right with comparing the, nissan 370z, bmw 135, solstice, and rx8. These are lower budget performance cars. Sport coupes if you will, not super performance, not grand touring cars. Not an equal comparison, to a c6. Nice daily driver, nice interior, quiet, decent performance. Etc.

Perception of value decreases as paying the same payments as the "newness wore off". Happens quite a bit with , cars, boats, motorcycles or any other expensive toy. Exactly what a c6z06 is, an expensive toy.

Man, did you ever nail that.

Spot on.

Originally Posted by BSSN
I'm sorry, I stopped reading when you insinuated that you know more about my finances than I do. However, I wouldn't consider it a drain. I posted what I did to show how it was NOT a drain, but then I realized I had been suckered in by a few drama queens and quick-edited it out.

If you think I can't happily afford the Z06, that's your business. It's not what happened, and it's not what I told you happened. Why continue with it?

I understand what you are trying to do. You're trying to figure out why I would sell a Z06 for a 370Z if money wasn't the prime factor. You just can't wrap your head around it. That's okay, you probably shouldn't follow in my footsteps. Stop looking for further validation for my decisions by trying to convince yourself that I have an income issue. I got rid of the Z06 because I didn't like it. The money is an added bonus, and since I found something I like for less, heck, I'll take it! It does everything the Z06 did performance wise except accelerate as quickly, and it gives up about 0.05g on the skidpad. As stated, neither really make/break a car for MY use.

People in here know why you say you got rid of the Z06. The radio, the seats, that you couldn't use the power on the streets (something that you would have had to have known when you signed the papers on it.)

But you have posted up enough information in here for them to make up their own minds as to the prime motivation for getting rid of it. A motivation that many would see as quite justified.

Most people don't take that kind of bath to get out of the car for no other reason than over "seats and radio", unless they have a lot of dough to burn in the first place.

Did you even have a place of your own to park the car????

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 02-29-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:17 PM
BSSN
Le Mans Master

Well, based on some of what he has said so far, one can see how you would arrive at some of the above conclusions, but I wouldn't be too hard on him.

There are few of us in here who have not already in their youth, or would not have, given his circumstances, done the same thing or something similar.

These credit companies and banks, will give people enough rope to hang themselves.

He deserves kudos for getting out of the car while the getting was still good and for keeping the mileage low on the car so that it would be easier for him to move.

Had he waited until the C7 came out, as someone has already said, he would have been better than two years into it with another approximately 4 to go, on a car costing about a grand per month that he was not parking at home, and that he was also paying insurance on.

That would make it tougher for him to get out of his $400-$500.00 per month apartment and into another residence that he could actually build some equity in. Especially if it ever needed any maintenance of fixing up.

With that big of a car debt on his credit report relative to his salary, it would have made it tougher for him to get credit in an instance where he actually needed it.

As soon as they look that he is carrying a near $60,000 balance on that car, it is not going to be easy for him to qualify for credit for something actually practical, and that car wasn't.

That makes no sense. It was time for it to go. I have much respect for him because he recognized that.
I didn't wait for the C7 because I DO want to be note-less by the time I build a house. I am buying land next year and want it paid off in 4-5 years, and then to build a house in another year after that. I could either have kept the C6Z and suffered with a car I didn't like as much as another that happened to cost less, or I could trade now and be set in the next 5-6 years to buy a house as soon as I paid off my auto loan. Either way, my goal was to be loan-free in 5-6 years, and have a 2012 or 2013 model car. The new GT-R is outside my budget, and I did not have the money down I would want to finance something like a Cayman S, considering I just got done building a nice suppressed AR as well as a few other things I have been messing with.

I could not afford a house-note of around $1500/mo AND a Z06 comfortably, that much is fact, so waiting for the C7 and having nearly the same note as the Z06 (I would load the C7 out, as I bet the options will be worth-while unlike current 3LZ packages in my opinion) would have delayed my getting a house. Not cool.

I am living in my apartment by choice because I knew I would move in 2 years. I did not want to hassle with a house, and I wanted to build my credit up, as I had a very limited credit history. Buying/paying off land will help with this, too, and the cars have helped a lot.

Once again, people seem hurt that I willingly got rid of my Z06 and are grasping at straws to "prove me wrong" that I just didn't like the car as much as the one I own now. I'm sorry you all feel that way, and I suppose given how much of your income this car takes, you will be VERY defensive of it. I mean, since everything is about money money money? That must be the prime factor here, huh?

Anyway, back to the root of things, loving the 370Z. Exit interview is pretty much concluded and I'm just responding to misplaced allegations and questions now (well, since about page 2 anyway, lol). We have gone from: "I enjoyed my time here, but it's not what I was looking for" to "We didn't want you, anyway, you cheap bastard!". Sounds pretty hollow and disenchanting. I'm sticking around for the technical info and to offer what I can to the community and whatnot, as well as sell my Dashtronix, though.

Last edited by BSSN; 02-29-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:23 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

I didn't wait for the C7 because I DO want to be note-less by the time I build a house. I am buying land next year and want it paid off in 4-5 years, and then to build a house in another year after that. I could either have kept the C6Z and suffered with a car I didn't like as much as another that happened to cost less, or I could trade now and be set in the next 5-6 years to buy a house as soon as I paid off my auto loan.
Exactly. And the fact that the seats and radio were not to your liking it made this decision that much the easier.

But the fact is, even had the seats and radio been PERFECT, the above STILL makes more sense than keeping that car. The above would still be true.

So the seats and radio, really have little to nothing to do with any of this, now do they??? :big ears:

If the seats and radio had been perfect and you had kept the car, you would still not be able to achieve your goals stated in the quoted paragraph above.

I could not afford a house-note of around $1500/mo AND a Z06 comfortably, that much is fact, so waiting for the C7 and having nearly the same note as the Z06 (I would load the C7 out, as I bet the options will be worth-while unlike current 3LZ packages in my opinion) would have delayed my getting a house. Not cool.
Not cool.

I am living in my apartment by choice because I knew I would move in 2 years. I did not want to hassle with a house, and I wanted to build my credit up, as I had a very limited credit history. Buying/paying off land will help with this, too, and the cars have helped a lot.
But why not just say all of that in your first post and be done with it, instead of that long dissertation about seats, radios, and not being able to use a car as powerful as the Z06 on the street, a fact already known by yourself and anyone else who owns or has owned one?

Once again, people seem hurt that I willingly got rid of my Z06 and are grasping at straws to "prove me wrong" that I just didn't like the car as much as the one I own now. I'm sorry you all feel that way, and I suppose given how much of your income this car takes, you will be VERY defensive of it. I mean, since everything is about money money money? That must be the prime factor here, huh?
Probably better than half of the decisions the typical American makes are based on money.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 02-29-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:25 PM
BSSN
Le Mans Master

Man, did you ever nail that.

Spot on.

People in here know why you say you got rid of the Z06. The radio, the seats, that you couldn't use the power on the streets (something that you would have had to have known when you signed the papers on it.)

But you have posted up enough information in here for them to make up their own minds as to the prime motivation for getting rid of it. A motivation that many would see as quite justified.

Most people don't take that kind of bath to get out of the car for no other reason than over "seats and radio", unless they have a lot of dough to burn in the first place.

Did you even have a place of your own to park the car????
I thought the power was cool until I got used to it. Then, it became "normal" again, as well as a liability.

I'm moving. I have hated this area for as long as I have been here and remain only because I am under contract for a few more months. I own as little "place" as possible. I did garage it, and my 370Z, though. I park my daily driver in the parking lot.

I don't think I took a bath in it at all. I paid my money, and had a killer experience. What you are saying is similar to me saying "It's a shame you went to Europe for 2 weeks, you really took a bath on that, didn't you?"

I used the motivation of owning a supercar to get me through the end of highschool and through college. I came, I saw, I did, and it was indeed glorious. In the end, though, it didn't captivate me like I thought it would. While the $450 a month didn't make or break it, I won't lie that it DID make the decision easier. However, that's only about $5500 a year. That's like one extra shift a month. It's not something that would make me get rid of a car I liked for one I liked less.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:30 PM
BSSN
Le Mans Master

Exactly. And the fact that the seats and radio were not to your liking it made this decision that much the easier.

But the fact is, even had the seats and radio been PERFECT, the above STILL makes more sense than keeping that car. The above would still be true.

So the seats and radio, really have little to nothing to do with any of this, now do they??? :big ears:

If the seats and radio had been perfect and you had kept the car, you would still not be able to achieve your goals stated in the quoted paragraph above.

Not cool.

But why not just say all of that in your first post and be done with it, instead of that long dissertation about seats, radios, and not being able to use a car as powerful as the Z06 on the street, a fact already known by yourself and anyone else who owns or has owned one?
You keep wanting to think I had to sell it. I did not. I chose to because another car made me smile more, and one other thing I failed to mention is I fear the haters a little less in a 370Z than a Corvette. Lots of thugs around here will adopt the line some of you have "He's a trust fund baby" and go key the crap out of a nice car driven by younger people because they don't have one, as dealerships don't accept welfare stamps. Made it where I was scared to leave it unattended anywhere, and that put a real damper on owning it. That is the other reason it stayed locked up so much. I will attribute being the #3 state for property crime as part of the reason for me not driving it.

Up until the point I buy a house, I could happily afford a Z06 and pay off land and live a life I enjoy. I'm a pretty low-expense kind of guy who doesn't like going out and blowing cash on booze and food and the like. After I buy a house, your argument will be accurate.

Had the Z06 come with the 370Z's interior in it from GM, I would still own it happily. It didn't, I don't.

(I am HUGE! on OEM. I refused to take a 370Z from 2011 and add the oil-cooler, or from 2012 and add the NAV. I waited 3 months for them to find the EXACT one I wanted. Neurotic? Maybe, but I think OEM is the way to go with things that take electricity).

Last edited by BSSN; 02-29-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:36 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

I thought the power was cool until I got used to it. Then, it became "normal" again, as well as a liability.

I'm moving. I have hated this area for as long as I have been here and remain only because I am under contract for a few more months. I own as little "place" as possible. I did garage it, and my 370Z, though. I park my daily driver in the parking lot.

I don't think I took a bath in it at all. I paid my money, and had a killer experience. What you are saying is similar to me saying "It's a shame you went to Europe for 2 weeks, you really took a bath on that, didn't you?"

I used the motivation of owning a supercar to get me through the end of highschool and through college. I came, I saw, I did, and it was indeed glorious. In the end, though, it didn't captivate me like I thought it would. While the $450 a month didn't make or break it, I won't lie that it DID make the decision easier. However, that's only about $5500 a year. That's like one extra shift a month. It's not something that would make me get rid of a car I liked for one I liked less.
Let me understand here. You were paying $450.00 a month to garage it?
Old 02-29-2012, 12:39 PM
BSSN
Le Mans Master

Let me understand here. You were paying $450.00 a month to garage it?
No, sorry, communication problem here. I am saving the whopping amount of $225 a pay-check ($450 a month, well, a little less actually, but close enough to round up to) now that I own a 370Z.

I pay $115/mo to garage it.

Anyway, I sent you a PM. This is a thread about cars, not money. Nissan has a website as does GM, and they both include MSRP's and payment calculators. Dealers on this site, and Nissan sites will tell you how much they will actually sell the car for. All questions can easily be answered in this way.

Last edited by BSSN; 02-29-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:45 PM
xcutter
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

You keep wanting to think I had to sell it. I did not. I chose to because another car made me smile more,
Why try and convince the Corvette Forum? Most of us get it. The Z06 is not for you. It happens. Some move on to a GS, others to a ZR1 and others to an entirely different brand. The Nissan is a good car. It's time to start enjoying it and forget about the Z06. It sounds like you are having trouble breaking away from this forum. Just do it. It's like ripping off and old bandage. One hard pull. Gone!
Old 02-29-2012, 12:48 PM
BSSN
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by xcutter
Why try and convince the Corvette Forum? Most of us get it. The Z06 is not for you. It happens. Some move on to a GS, others to a ZR1 and others to an entirely different brand. The Nissan is a good car. It's time to start enjoying it and forget about the Z06. It sounds like you are having trouble breaking away from this forum. Just do it. It's like ripping off and old bandage. One hard pull. Gone!
I like most of you guys and am happy to learn and offer what I have learned. I dug into the technical aspect of these cars a good bit and think I might could help a noob with his clutch fluid and answer asinine questions like "Will my LS7 blow up tomorrow?"

Not like I want to dump the forum just because I sold my Z06. I was here before I had the car (I was a member on the 370Z forum, too!)

I cross-shopped the 370Z and the Z06, I chose the Z06 first time around because of power, and am now in the 370Z for all the other reasons.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:37 PM
btrapps
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

I simply expected the interior to be nicer. Did not think it would be plain AND of low quality, just plain. When you can't even listen to the radio with bass set in the middle at like 20% volume without the door panel vibing badly though, that's just base cobalt territory.
Agreed. I didn't purchase my Z for the interior but maybe GM can ditch the unions one day and spend the excess money on the cars.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:45 PM
MTIRC6Z
Melting Slicks

I think the real problem is the fact that you think you can reasonably afford to spend ~$300 an hour to do something very non-essential and not consider that as a mistake, while at the same time saying you want/plan to build a home and stop living in an apartment

Trust me on this, you aren't as rich as you think you are, and your current way of thinking is ensuring that you will never be as rich as you otherwise could be...based on what I'm hearing you need to get some very honest advice about finances because, clearly while you think you know what you're doing, you really don't.

Cheers, Paul.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:47 PM
eight3two
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It only took 12 pages, but the truth was finally revealed. He couldn't comfortably afford it.

Theres nothing wrong with that, as it's a high ticket item, but to pretend the stereo and interior weren't up to your standards is disingenuous.

Enjoy your Nissan.

Last edited by eight3two; 02-29-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:50 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

I think BSSN should read the following I got from a NCM email.

"This Monday, Consumer Reports announced its 2012 rankings for the best and worst vehicles from Chevrolet, Ford and Chrysler - and the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 was the highest-rated vehicle from the USA! It was also named the world's eighth best car."

They didn't mention if the Nissan 370Z was one of the top seven best cars in the world. of course they didn't as it wasn't.

"The magazine said the Lexus LS 460L had the top road test score at 99, followed by BMW 135i at 97; Infiniti G37 sedan at 95; Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE; Audi A6 (3.0T); Infiniti M37 and Nissan Altima 3.5 SR at 93; Chevrolet Corvette Z06, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 sedan and Toyota Camry XLE (V6) at 92; and the Audi A8 L, Lexus ES 350 and Nissan Altima 2.5 S all at 91."

Out of the top 13 ranked cars, the Z06 came in at number 8, the only car made in the USA to be on that list. The Nissan 370Z wasn't included in that list. Too bad.

Last edited by JoesC5; 02-29-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:58 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Originally Posted by MTIRC6Z
I think the real problem is the fact that you think you can reasonably afford to spend ~$300 an hour to do something very non-essential and not consider that as a mistake, while at the same time saying you want/plan to build a home and stop living in an apartment

Trust me on this, you aren't as rich as you think you are, and your current way of thinking is ensuring that you will never be as rich as you otherwise could be...based on what I'm hearing you need to get some very honest advice about finances because, clearly while you think you know what you're doing, you really don't.

Cheers, Paul.
while a bit harsh, I agree with most of the above.

Originally Posted by eight3two
It only took 12 pages, but the truth was finally revealed. He couldn't comfortably afford it.

Theres nothing wrong with that, as it's a high ticket item, but to pretend the stereo and interior weren't up to your standards disingenuous.

Enjoy your Nissan.
those of us can read through all the other jargon/posts and talk.. after reading all the posts, this is my conclusion as well.

It's not easy always to admit you made a mistake, by human nature, it's not fun or comfortable. I think most on here have stated, ,hey, you didn't like the Z06, it wasn't for you, no biggie life happens , you move on and get something you like better, even if the performance level is different. So long as your happy.

I think some of us are being a little harsh on BSSN because to me , after reading all this, it seems to me you are trying to hide the fact that you really could not afford the car or justify it's expense for what it is... you've clearly stated that..

So why not just say that, instread of blaming the interior and stereo? I saw all your threads prior to you buying the car, you knew about these items being subpar , as almost all Corvette owners know. In fact you were posting more about the LS7 reliabilty...and when I saw you did buy the Z06, I was surprised after all the doubt you expressed.

Best of luck to you, and glad to see you seem to be enjoying the new car.

Let's let this thread die now already

Last edited by FrankTank; 02-29-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Exit Interview

Old 02-29-2012, 02:15 PM
Silver05GTO
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

BSSN,

Probably a good time to stop responding to this thread, I think you've explained the situation well (too well in fact with all the $$ amounts being discussed) and your likes/dislikes of the car. Those unbiased folks will understand but many won't and will tear into you.

When a car annoys you more then you can enjoy it, I don't blame anyone for opting out.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Notch
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver05GTO
BSSN,

Probably a good time to stop responding to this thread, I think you've explained the situation well (too well in fact with all the $$ amounts being discussed) and your likes/dislikes of the car. Those unbiased folks will understand but many won't and will tear into you.

When a car annoys you more then you can enjoy it, I don't blame anyone for opting out.
Good words; I agree with you.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:31 PM
dbs1vette
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Make that three of us.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Exit Interview