Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] New front tires and installed DRM shocks

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 02:23 PM
brit2001
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default New front tires and installed DRM shocks

Well I finally had to replace the fronts at 14,500 They were shot and I've been stalling for a while since its winter here in Utah Well went with bridgestone pole pos front and rear While I had the wheels off I thought it was a good time to install the shocks. I got a set of DRM Bilstein shocks a couple of months ago so installed them. Went very smooth. My only concern was the lower rear mount bolt. The Bilsteins flanges are alittle thicker and the bolt doesn't go all the way through the nut. No one has mentioned this that I have read. It would be nice to find a bolt that was about a 1/2 inch longer. Took it for a short spin and the shocks seem very good. Want to get a 4 wheel alignment before I drive it to much.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:26 PM
triblk6spd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Il be happy to hear how.the DRM's treat you. Thinkimg of picking up.a.set.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:27 PM
VetteVinnie
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,722 Likes on 1,095 Posts

Originally Posted by triblk6spd
I really like the DRMs so far. Got about 800 Miles on them already. Excellent street mannerisms. Next step is to throw on some sway bars and see how they perform on the track. Great upgrade over stock for the money.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:12 AM
RUBYREDVET
Race Director

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by brit2001
Well I finally had to replace the fronts at 14,500 They were shot and I've been stalling for a while since its winter here in Utah Well went with bridgestone pole pos front and rear While I had the wheels off I thought it was a good time to install the shocks. I got a set of DRM Bilstein shocks a couple of months ago so installed them. Went very smooth. My only concern was the lower rear mount bolt. The Bilsteins flanges are alittle thicker and the bolt doesn't go all the way through the nut. No one has mentioned this that I have read. It would be nice to find a bolt that was about a 1/2 inch longer. Took it for a short spin and the shocks seem very good. Want to get a 4 wheel alignment before I drive it to much.
I did the same thing last year. Bridgestones, DRM Bilsteins and wheels aligned with a little bit less agressive on the front end.
Don't remember bout the back bottom bolt though. 5000 miles later they seem to be still attached.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:41 AM
brit2001
Racer

Originally Posted by RUBYREDVET
I did the same thing last year. Bridgestones, DRM Bilsteins and wheels aligned with a little bit less agressive on the front end.
Don't remember bout the back bottom bolt though. 5000 miles later they seem to be still attached.
I'm not to worried about them coming loose. I was just surprised in the difference of the flange thickness. I'll be getting a alignment this week if it doesn't snow.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:42 AM
brit2001
Racer

Originally Posted by triblk6spd
I'll let you know. It might be awhile since I live in Utah and we are expecting some snow this week.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:30 PM
corvettejoe09
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 53 Posts

I picked up the DRM last year through the group buy, and notice a big difference on the street. I tracked the car also & was very pleased too.

Get notified of new replies

To New front tires and installed DRM shocks

Quick Reply: [Z06] New front tires and installed DRM shocks