Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] KATECH TRACK ATTACK 2012 official thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Werks
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
I believe one of our Pros works with Traqmate (and perhaps others). What specifically are you looking for?
I'm still up in the air but I was leaning towards the Aim Solo DL w/ Smartycam set up. What do you use in your cars?
Old 07-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Don't forget to take those videos guys! We're looking for video of car prep and your journey across the country.

Crunch time at Katech. Two truckloads of cars going to Autobahn. Lots of new faces. More instructors. This is going to be the biggest Track Attack ever.

(e) zach@katechengines.com
Old 07-11-2012, 10:07 PM
kentz06
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Painrace

I thought you were bringing your car?

Jim
Time and $$$. Never enough of either.

Dean
Old 07-11-2012, 11:53 PM
VGLNTE1
Le Mans Master

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I'm anxious!
Old 07-12-2012, 01:04 AM
cruzin2
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe one of our Pros works with Traqmate (and perhaps others). What specifically are you looking for?
I would be interested in learning about the system that you have that works with gopros.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Werks
I'm still up in the air but I was leaning towards the Aim Solo DL w/ Smartycam set up. What do you use in your cars?
I use MoTec in the Beast but that is also my ECU, probably a little too extreme/pricey for a car that sees the street. In my T1 and Miata I use Traqmate with a Smartycam. Traqmate is good for seeing general braking and acceleration but doesn't get into specific inputs, but then again much cheaper.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:10 AM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 300 Likes on 79 Posts

I run Traqmate with a GoPro. I will be at Track Attack as an instructor. Look me up an I can give you some added info on how I use the setup. Jim Dillon
Old 07-12-2012, 01:13 PM
cruzin2
Pro

Originally Posted by JDIllon
I run Traqmate with a GoPro. I will be at Track Attack as an instructor. Look me up an I can give you some added info on how I use the setup. Jim Dillon
sounds good. I will look you up.
Neil Mendel
Old 07-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Werks
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

I use MoTec in the Beast but that is also my ECU, probably a little too extreme/pricey for a car that sees the street. In my T1 and Miata I use Traqmate with a Smartycam. Traqmate is good for seeing general braking and acceleration but doesn't get into specific inputs, but then again much cheaper.
If I'm not mistaken MoTec just came out with a lower cost ($1600 or so) stand alone system recently that does not require that their ECU be used, seem to remember seeing some mention about this on Rennlist I believe. Having said that though it is probably a little over the top for what I need it for lol. If you don't mind if I make it to the event I'd like to chat with you (and Jim) about the Traqmate system that you guys use.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Don Esbjornson (member/instructor) will be present as well and he uses Traqmate regularly and would be a great person to gain insight from as well.

Last edited by Short-Throw; 07-12-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

[QUOTE=Katech_Jason;1581293012]Don't forget to take those videos guys! We're looking for video of car prep and your journey across the country.

Heck, I forgot! I should have recorded taking the front end off to remove all the grass and dirt, replacing the windshield and side skirt. O well, all is done but the side skirt which UPS is still holding somewhere???

Jim
Old 07-14-2012, 12:14 AM
jkrlucas
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kentz06
Can't wait to try the new surface! Since I will be in a "borrowed" car again, perhaps there will now be enough grip to soften the 400 wear tire compound. Jeff is still trying to decide if he is going to borrow my trailer or drive his Katech SA car (4000 miles round trip).
Dean,

I will be heading back from Australia/New Zealand this weekend then have to head up to Vancouver for several days. So, it looks like I will be back in the Seattle area the 24th, change the oil in the car and just drive her out starting Wednesday...no time for any track time in the Seattle area.

The plan is to pick my wife up at O'Hare on Saturday since she can't make the drive out with me and hopefully see if I can get a little time on the track Sunday before all the real fun starts.

I sincerely appreciate the offer to use your trailer but figure I'll be able to make it a fun road trip in the MEANCAR.

I look forward to seeing you there as well as all the others...only 15 days and counting!

Jeff

Last edited by jkrlucas; 07-14-2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:23 PM
vette ruminator
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Vagon to make an appearance!

New brake pads ordered, check.

Fairly fresh Pilot Sport Cups, check.

I am bringing a friend from Louisville with a 2012 CTS-V Wagon! Should fit right in with those Caddy (former vette) Pro drivers!

Looking forward to it!

Noel
Old 07-16-2012, 09:02 PM
AutobahnRacer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default NEW SURFACE at Autobahn

I don't know how they did it, but the new surface was setting track records just days after it was laid down. It's smooth, sticky and gives a great deal of confidence. You won't 'see' the line like the old surface, so identifying your braking zone will be more important in those areas.

Looking forward to having a great time at our home track, and sharing some of the 'secrets' on how to get around it fast and safe.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:33 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by AutobahnRacer
Looking forward to having a great time at our home track, and sharing some of the 'secrets' on how to get around it fast and safe.
Don is one of the quickest drivers at Autobahn with his Corvette and more recently with his open wheel Formula Mazda, his insight will be extremely beneficial to all skill levels. He will be holding court inside the classroom this year so you guys are in for a real treat!

Don (a founder/owner) of Autobahn Garage is also the co-host of the Saturday night party. Give it up!
Old 07-16-2012, 09:44 PM
Everett Ogilvie
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don (a founder/owner) of Autobahn Garage is also the co-host of the Saturday night party. Give it up!
Awesome; Dom and Cristal!
Old 07-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We are getting some of our plans finalized for the event... it's going to be a really fun time!

First and foremost Aaron Pfadt and select engineering staff will be on hand to talk about car setup and part selection.

The second exciting development is that we will be bringing both our C6 Z06 and our Camaro ZL1 out to the event. It's very likely that only the C6 will be available for ride alongs, but if you haven't had a chance to see a ZL1 in the flesh yet this is a good opportunity.

The most exciting development is that we will be demoing 2 separate suspension setups on our C6 Z06 over the two day event. On Monday we will be offering rides in the Z06 equipped with our Johnny O'Connell Stage 1 Package. The Johnny O'Connell Stage 1 package is our entry level Daily Driver/Occasional track day package. The parts will then be removed off of the car and set aside for the introduction of the next phase in the Johnny O'Connell product line... the Johnny Black Stage 2 Package. This limited production parts run will be built around our FeatherLight Single Adjustable Coilovers and Heavy Duty - Light Rate sway bars, all parts will be built with a special edition black appearance package. Tuesday you will have the opportunity to ride along in a coilover and light rate bar equipped Z06, if you've never felt the difference a well designed coilover package can make it doesn't get any better than this!

And finally, on Monday we will be accepting 5 dollar donations on behalf of Johnny O'Connell's favorite charity, The Alzheimers Association. All monies collected will be donated directly to the Alzheimers Association. With each 5 dollar donation you will be entered into a raffle for the Johnny O'Connell hardware that was installed for the single track day earlier in the afternoon on Monday. We will be raffling off the Shocks and Sway Bars seperately, so enter often for a best chance to win free parts for a great cause!

We're really excited, and we hope you are too!

Last edited by Pfadt Racing; 07-18-2012 at 03:21 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To KATECH TRACK ATTACK 2012 official thread

Old 07-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Count me in for more than a $5 donation!

Aaron will mend quickly. Tell him to bring his driving suit!

We all look forward to seeing you guys there!

Jim
Old 07-17-2012, 08:53 PM
cruzin2
Pro

Originally Posted by Pfadt Racing
Unfortunately Aaron recently had an on track incident on a motorcycle and broke his scapula
ohhhh....I understand that can be painful. I have broken a pelvis and I can tell you first hand that it stings. Hopefully he will heal quickly.
Love riding my ducati at the track though...its exhilarating but any error can make life interesting!

If there is a silver lining, this just means there will be lots of time to pick his brain on how to improve our cars setup and most likely pfadt will sell more parts!
Old 07-17-2012, 10:23 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 300 Likes on 79 Posts

Sorry to hear about Aarons mishap. Hope he is doing better and look forward to seeing him and the Pfadt gang at Track Attack. As long Robin is there all will be fine. LOL! JD

Quick Reply: [Z06] KATECH TRACK ATTACK 2012 official thread