Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] leather steering wheel and gear shift for 2012 zr1 centennial

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 06:05 PM
marcsf
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leather steering wheel and gear shift for 2012 zr1 centennial

I just got the call that my 2012 zr1 centennial arrived at the dealer today - woo hoo!

Don't laugh too hard, but while I love the black, I really do not like the micro suede steering wheel, gear shift and shift boot. Does anyone know if you can order genuine zr1 black leather steering wheel, shifter and boot that will match the ebony interior?
Old 12-20-2011, 06:18 PM
355Spider
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by marcsf
I just got the call that my 2012 zr1 centennial arrived at the dealer today - woo hoo!

Don't laugh too hard, but while I love the black, I really do not like the micro suede steering wheel, gear shift and shift boot. Does anyone know if you can order genuine zr1 black leather steering wheel, shifter and boot that will match the ebony interior?
You're joking right? The stock ones look so much cheaper but I am sure you will find people that would be more than willing to swap with you. I would skip all that and go straight to one of the Dtype steering wheels. they totally changed the way my ZR1 looked inside. Much much better.

Oh and congrats and may we see pics of that bad boy?
Old 12-20-2011, 06:26 PM
marcsf
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 355Spider
You're joking right? The stock ones look so much cheaper but I am sure you will find people that would be more than willing to swap with you. I would skip all that and go straight to one of the Dtype steering wheels. they totally changed the way my ZR1 looked inside. Much much better.

Oh and congrats and may we see pics of that bad boy?
Pics as soon as I pick her up - hopefully this week or early next at the latest.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:51 PM
Snake.Oiler
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13,'14,'15,'16,'18,'19-'20,'22,'24

Originally Posted by marcsf

Yes, you can get that. You can even get the steering wheel with matching red stitching, if you like.

Get notified of new replies

To leather steering wheel and gear shift for 2012 zr1 centennial

Quick Reply: [ZR1] leather steering wheel and gear shift for 2012 zr1 centennial