Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] cheapest mods to keep up with a zr1

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 10:44 AM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by mirage2991
Trade the Z get a used Zr1 lol

It's just like C6 base owners wanting to get the power to keep up with Z06....samething here....a base C6 will NEVER be a Z06, and a Z06 will NEVER be a ZR1....

spending alot of money on a Z06 to get it to hang with ZR will net a lot of money spent still owning a Z06.....

IMO just join the club if that's what you seek....
Old 11-24-2011, 10:56 AM
LS9Drew
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by screaminchevy
Could always add the electric water pump and under drive pulley for a little extra hp, but all those bolt on mods start to add up in price. A simple cam & headers package from any reputable tuner will smoke a stock ZR1, and at a better price point. But if you don't want to open the engine, a blower seems like the better option IMO.
Ya its going to be a pricey Bolt On setup, but if thats all he is willing to do hes gonna have to pay to play.
But if he has the money I would just buy a A&A Vortech Supercharger Kit for $6500 Installed/Tuned then be on the hunt for modded ZR1's
http://www.aacorvette.com/supercharg...dme4btqfpa3pp4
Old 11-24-2011, 10:57 AM
Six-Gun-Todd
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tim414
It's just like C6 base owners wanting to get the power to keep up with Z06....samething here....a base C6 will NEVER be a Z06, and a Z06 will NEVER be a ZR1....

spending alot of money on a Z06 to get it to hang with ZR will net a lot of money spent still owning a Z06.....

I just like going fast frankly....
Old 11-24-2011, 11:01 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 586 Likes on 401 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by LS7 DREW
If you do every single bolt on you MIGHT be able to keep up:
- ARH or Kooks Headers
- Halltech MF103 Intake
- Ported FAST 102 Intake Manifold
- NW 102 Throttle Body
- 160 T-Stat
- Good Tune
Add Rpm purpose build 4.10 gears for C6 Zs like the fastest bolt on car and I would say your pretty darn close (if you know how to drive good) and have sticky tires.

The obvious answer to the OPS post since we can't touch the engine or engine, is a Supercharger running 7 lbs of boost.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Burnin4
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PureSwank
Search this on YouTube. Copy and Paste. Z06 is running 568rwhp and trashes the zr-1 by like 6 cars L.M.F.A.O

2010 ZR-1 vs Heads Cam C6 Z06 vs YSI Cams 04 Cobra
you mean this video?

http://www.streetfire.net/video/2010...ra_1387027.htm
Old 11-24-2011, 11:47 AM
LS9Drew
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Mopar Jimmy
Add Rpm purpose build 4.10 gears for C6 Zs like the fastest bolt on car and I would say your pretty darn close (if you know how to drive good) and have sticky tires.

The obvious answer to the OPS post since we can't touch the engine or engine, is a Supercharger running 7 lbs of boost.
I knew I was forgetting something good catch, I bet 4.10s would make these cars a blast to drive.
But yes DR's are a must if your going to do Drag Racing with those mods, if your just going to do Roll Racing then NT05's should get the job done
Old 11-24-2011, 11:54 AM
GIO-305
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Slow Vette
I actually have video on youtube of how i did against a stock ZR1 in my intake/tune Z06

heads up, and some ppl say i won
Sorry buddy but that was heatsoaked & missing a gear.

So sad you like to go by that race when you know very well it was not a clean race. But hey your only lying to yourself.

If you are so sure about the race why didn't you run again with the headers and short throw on. Headers without a tune is only good for maybe 10hp?

Last edited by GIO-305; 11-24-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:56 AM
GARY2004Z06
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 335 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by mirage2991
and that same ZR1 with those same mods as post 22 is going to go 9's...
Sorry to offend you guys. I was only answering the OP's question.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:59 AM
Slow Vette
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GIO-305

So sad you like to go by that race when you know very well it was not a clean race. But hey your only lying to yourself.
lol the only one lying to yourself is well YOURSELF!!

i totally understand you Gio, spending more money to get a ZR1 only to find out a light bolt-on Z06 hanging with you. **** i'd be pissed too

vid don't lie, and now you are saying you missed a gear????? all i hear are excuses, blah blah, doesn't look like you missed a gear in the video!!

Last edited by Slow Vette; 11-24-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Slow Vette
Drifting

If you are so sure about the race why didn't you run again with the headers and short throw on. Headers without a tune is only good for maybe 10hp?
sorry buddy but i've been driving a vette for 8 years long before having a Z06, and 10 to the tires will make a difference plus. i wanted to run a stock ZR1 not a modded one. i only wanted to see if i could hang and i can...i know for a fact you dont need Heads and Cam to hang with one.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:15 PM
GIO-305
Melting Slicks

lol the only one lying to yourself is well YOURSELF!!

i totally understand you Gio, spending more money to get a ZR1 only to find out a light bolt-on Z06 hanging with you. **** i'd be pissed too

vid don't lie, and now you are saying you missed a gear????? all i hear are excuses, blah blah, doesn't look like you missed a gear in the video!!
Tito if you want to go on the forums and act like none of it it true then that fine. Live in that lie and keep lying to yourself.

You know im moded now so you want to talk smack. But you want to start $h*t then I will put my car back to stock will do three runs for 5k best two out of three will take 10k home plus all the smack talking you want to do on the forum with video in both cars.

Let me know all I need to do is take the car back to the shop to take everything off.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:15 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,701 Likes on 1,215 Posts

Originally Posted by LS7 DREW
you can do a A&A Vortech Supercharger Kit for $6500 Installed/Tuned thats the most cost effective Supercharger, not an Eforce
I agree that the A&A is a more effective method over an E-force. But, I have a PD blower on my Mercedes and I like the way it pulls at low RPM, thus if I were looking for an additional 152 HP for my Z06, I would pony up for the E-Force, but that's just my personal feelings, not necessarily the best choice for the buck.

I know the E-Force meets the various emissions requirements(CARB) but I don't think the A&A does(but not sure). I see the OP is north of the Border, so I don't know how they view emissions.

Last edited by JoesC5; 11-24-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:20 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
Without going into the engine, the only way you will overcome the 133 horsepower advantage the ZR1 has is to go with an E-Force. That should level the field, if you want to spend $8,200 + installation.
How about the A&A kit and 650 rwhp? Should leave the ZR1 no problem in a display of speed!
Old 11-24-2011, 12:22 PM
Slow Vette
Drifting

Tito if you want to go on the forums and act like none of it it true then that fine. Live in that lie and keep lying to yourself.

You know im moded now so you want to talk smack. But you want to start $h*t then I will put my car back to stock will do three runs for 5k best two out of three will take 10k home plus all the smack talking you want to do on the forum with video in both cars.

Let me know all I need to do is take the car back to the shop to take everything off.
i act like none of it is true? its a fact!!!!! you LOST GET OVER IT!!!!! you are sounding like Frank with the excuses maybe we should all call you "Frank Jr" out at the races from now on

talk smack??? im just saying what happened with VIDEO TO PROVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Gio i was born at night but not last night!!! no one, especially me will believe you will put your car back to stock, and plus im not a gambler!!!

just do yourself a favor and stop with all the crying
Old 11-24-2011, 12:30 PM
LS9Drew
Safety Car

Originally Posted by JoesC5
I agree that the A&A is a more effective method over an E-force. But, I have a PD blower on my Mercedes and I like the way it pulls at low RPM, thus if I were looking for an additional 152 HP for my Z06, I would pony up for the E-Force, but that's just my personal feelings, not necessarily the best choice for the buck.

I know the E-Force meets the various emissions requirements(CARB) but I don't think the A&A does(but not sure). I see the OP is north of the Border, so I don't know how they view emissions.
In my opinion its just too light of a car plus your hardly ever in low RPMs when racing anways, plus if your looking to beat a ZR1 on the freeway thats the only way I'd go
Old 11-24-2011, 12:33 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Just like a stock Zr1 will never keep up with my A&A Z-06 and I have half the cost of a ZR1 invested! Plus the average car owner see's no big deal about a ZR1. It's a mexisized ZO6 with too big of wheels.IMO
Certain looks no better than a Z06 plus it has a smaller motor with less MPG. Sorry don't want one! I like these ZR1 owners that are a legend in their own minds!
Old 11-24-2011, 12:35 PM
GIO-305
Melting Slicks

i act like none of it is true? its a fact!!!!! you LOST GET OVER IT!!!!! you are sounding like Frank with the excuses maybe we should all call you "Frank Jr" out at the races from now on

talk smack??? im just saying what happened with VIDEO TO PROVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Gio i was born at night but not last night!!! no one, especially me will believe you will put your car back to stock, and plus im not a gambler!!!

just do yourself a favor and stop with the crying
Let me know Tito Im happy to do it to run you again. But you know you won't because you have all you need. A ZR1 kill on video.

You want to come here talking smack and begging me to run you even before I got the car. I have no problem putting the car back to stock for 5k. Your not a gambler but im not taking off and getting the stuff put back on. On my dime.

I take my lost with no problem. I LOST THAT RUN. Now when do you want that remach? Or are you going to live with that only video of beating a ZR1 by a nose.

Get notified of new replies

To cheapest mods to keep up with a zr1

Old 11-24-2011, 12:43 PM
SVT F15O
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Antonio1988
hate it or not, it works lol
Yup.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Slow Vette
Drifting

Let me know Tito Im happy to do it to run you again. But you know you won't because you have all you need. A ZR1 kill on video.

You want to come here talking smack and begging me to run you even before I got the car. I have no problem putting the car back to stock for 5k. Your not a gambler but im not taking off and getting the stuff put back on. On my dime.

I take my lost with no problem. I LOST THAT RUN. Now when do you want that remach? Or are you going to live with that only video of beating a ZR1 by a nose.
just go to formato to mod your car up to 800+ rwhp just like you want

rematch?? no rematch, i dont give a rematch to people who cry after races.

i gave victory(red c6 z06) rematches because he didn't cry, and even Humpty a rematch because he didnt cry either. i even gave the black H/C Z06 a rematch as well!! if you would of acted accordingly i would have given you a rematch but as of RIGHT NOW, no rematch!!! who knows i may change my mind out at the spot!!!

see you out there
Old 11-24-2011, 12:52 PM
GIO-305
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Rock'n Blue 08
Just like a stock Zr1 will never keep up with my A&A Z-06 and I have half the cost of a ZR1 invested! Plus the average car owner see's no big deal about a ZR1. It's a mexisized ZO6 with too big of wheels.IMO
Certain looks no better than a Z06 plus it has a smaller motor with less MPG. Sorry don't want one! I like these ZR1 owners that are a legend in their own minds!
Coming from a Z06 heavy moded I had the same mentality. I didn't have the funds at the time to own a ZR1 so I went with a Z06. With all the money spent on modding a Z. I ended up selling it and getting a ZR1. I perfere the ZR1 then the Z. The motor is smaller but will hold more hp stock then the LS7. And it sucks because I really like the LS7 motor but it true. At the end less money spent on modding to make the same hp when you mod it.

Quick Reply: [Z06] cheapest mods to keep up with a zr1