Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] New z owner...have issue with active handling system light

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 06:49 PM
ltdodge
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New z owner...have issue with active handling system light

I just picked up a 2008 z06 last week. i installed the mild to wild system on monday and today this afternoon i get a "service active handling system warning light" now i have researched this and i have found that it was a problem on 2006 models. i have nothing wrong with braking or anything, just the light.

Is it a simple fix? should i be too concerned about it? is it critical that i take it in ASAP or can i go a few days before i take it in?

thanks...
Old 10-06-2011, 06:56 PM
ODE-Z
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do the brake lights stay on when the warning is active?? The only fix I noticed was replacing the BCM if the brake lights stay on.

This is a problem in all of the years apparently. I am sorry to hear it. Try a search in this forum under "service active handling" I will see if i can find it too.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:58 PM
ltdodge
Instructor

Originally Posted by ODE-Z
Do the brake lights stay on when the warning is active?? The only fix I noticed was replacing the BCM if the brake lights stay on.

This is a problem in all of the years apparently. I am sorry to hear it. Try a search in this forum under "service active handling" I will see if i can find it too.
the brake lights do not stay on, they work perfect. i unplugged the mild 2 wild and the light still goes on.

Last edited by ltdodge; 10-06-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:59 PM
designertony
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2006Z with only 10,500 miles on it. The "Service Active Handling " warning came up 2 weeks ago. Turns out the Brake pressure sensor was bad. $267 fixed it.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:19 PM
ltdodge
Instructor

Took it to the dealer and it was the infamous clip for the telescoping steering wheel. they had spare clips and installed it and its good now.

Get notified of new replies

To New z owner...have issue with active handling system light

Quick Reply: [Z06] New z owner...have issue with active handling system light