Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] MSPC, Best Tire Ever!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 08:25 AM
webcarconnection
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by morris
I am getting ready to buy a set do you know for certain that the 345 and 295 will fit on stock rims and a lowered car on coil overs?
Yes they will fit stock rims... But if you have your car too low because of the coils the 295 will touch the inside fender in hard turns. (thats what I read in other thread)
Old 10-05-2011, 08:30 AM
webcarconnection
Drifting

Originally Posted by Guibo
Are those Cup+ tires? Based on the 2 outer grooves (one of which is missing entirely on normal Cups), they sure do look like it.
The Porsches also use Cup+ tires, which might explain why they aren't the automatic death-by-aquaplaning most expect. They've performed very well in wet-weather tests in Europe and the UK. Aside from the design, the compound has been further optimized for wet weather. Michelin claims it's almost as good as a PS2, but surely caution is still in order.
Yes they are the cup+ (N0 model) and yes you are correct on everything you said
Old 10-05-2011, 09:32 AM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

fantastic!

why cant there be more reviews like this?

Ive been avoiding these tires because of the "rain issues."
People make the tires look like theyll kill you if it drizzles outside

Last edited by el es tu; 10-05-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:44 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,836 Likes on 1,156 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by el es tu
People make the tires look like theyll kill you if it drizzles outside
Well, you can listen to those of us that have had plenty of experience with a torquey car in the rain with R-compounds, or you can listen to the person that is enamored with his new purchase but has zero aforementioned experience.

If you're doing hot laps around a track, yes, definitely go with whatever R-compound tire you like. If you're only driving on the road, to and from work, out showing off, or whatever, then you're wasting your money on the MPSCs. You'll be chewing through them in no time flat, and you're going to find yourself turning whiter than I am (and that's saying something) if you ever get caught in a down-pour with them.

If you'd rather not believe me, that's fine. Enjoy your tires and I'm sorry about what's likely to happen to your car.

jas
Old 10-05-2011, 10:08 AM
webcarconnection
Drifting

I respect your opinion and yes I just get this tires, but like I said my friend with a 997 GT2 have this tires for more than 6000 miles and never have any issues at all.

like our friend member said in the post above;
"The Porsches also use Cup+ tires, which might explain why they aren't the automatic death-by-aquaplaning most expect. They've performed very well in wet-weather tests in Europe and the UK. Aside from the design, the compound has been further optimized for wet weather. Michelin claims it's almost as good as a PS2, but surely caution is still in order."

This ones are the Cup+ and it suppose to be better on the rain that the regular cup, the only thing that I can say is that I'm gonna review my experience with them on the rain and be honest about it.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:48 AM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by jvp
Well, you can listen to those of us that have had plenty of experience with a torquey car in the rain with R-compounds, or you can listen to the person that is enamored with his new purchase but has zero aforementioned experience.

If you're doing hot laps around a track, yes, definitely go with whatever R-compound tire you like. If you're only driving on the road, to and from work, out showing off, or whatever, then you're wasting your money on the MPSCs. You'll be chewing through them in no time flat, and you're going to find yourself turning whiter than I am (and that's saying something) if you ever get caught in a down-pour with them.

If you'd rather not believe me, that's fine. Enjoy your tires and I'm sorry about what's likely to happen to your car.

jas
geez take it easy -have a beer or something and relax!

The only reason I bought my corvette was for driving fast and doing so only in the dry (i have another car for groceries and commuting). I wouldnt risk some idiot wrecking into me in the rain even with the safety of a closed track. If highway speeds are safe (while raining) with the mspcs, then theyd be a good choice for me when it warms back up, since the only rain driving I do in the vette is at highway speed or less (and at this point that would be 1 day out of this entire year...)

Last edited by el es tu; 10-05-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:28 PM
webcarconnection
Drifting

Well rain cats & dogs today (nothing new around here) and the tires did pretty good... Drive around 50 mph on the highway with a lot of rain and pass a few large water spots around 30 mph. No issues at all...

So far so good
Old 10-06-2011, 08:29 AM
OnTarget
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteSneaky-PR
You think 573whp is not enough to compare with other tires like invos, nt05 or ps2? is not a drag radial but have 80 treadwear... Oh and here in P.R. the lowest temp that we get is 75 in "winter season" so my MPSC get warm very very quickly
I didnt mention PS2's or Invos. I live in SFLA. NOT PR but sure as heck alot more places to run the car fast. If you want a tire that will run the rain and still have some grip go with NT05's, General, or R888's. I have tested every tire under the sun and MPSC's are at the bottom of the heap. When you test the others post your results.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:12 AM
BIG SURPRISE
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I also run the NT05's on my 2009 Z06. Had the cups for track only and had two issues. First is the revs per mile. Stock are 816/783, cups 831/765. The car thought it was on ice at times. My bad for not seeing this before I bought them. Second issue was the 80 tread wear. Great tire when they got warm but they wore out quick.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:05 PM
webcarconnection
Drifting

Originally Posted by OnTarget
I didnt mention PS2's or Invos. I live in SFLA. NOT PR but sure as heck alot more places to run the car fasts.
hehehe did you ever been here???

I already tried; nt05, invos, Ps2 and nt05R... the MPSC are far better than the others. Peroid

Last edited by webcarconnection; 10-07-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:14 PM
webcarconnection
Drifting

Originally Posted by BIG SURPRISE
I also run the NT05's on my 2009 Z06. Had the cups for track only and had two issues. First is the revs per mile. Stock are 816/783, cups 831/765. The car thought it was on ice at times.quick.
This is the first time I heard that the rev per mile of the MPSC "confuse" the computer of the car

I don't think "wore out quick" is an issue, when thay are done just buy another one. That doesn't mean they are bad or worse than other ones.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:39 AM
OnTarget
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteSneaky-PR
hehehe did you ever been here???

I already tried; nt05, invos, Ps2 and nt05R... the MPSC are far better than the others. Peroid
OK - if you say so.

Quick Reply: [Z06] MSPC, Best Tire Ever!