Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Blown engine 2009 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 09:42 PM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 3LZZ06
Wait a minute, you like Ron Paul but you support Obamass. They're so far apart on the spectrum it's not even funny.

I do agree that everyone else is just a good 'ol boy and we have no hope for any change with any of them except for Ron Paul...don't count him out just yet.

I keep hearing people say that too ("if Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination I'll have to vote for Obama again"). It's so far beyond ridiculous that it's borderline unbelievable. I'll vote for whoever the nominee ends up being in hopes of slowing the progressive momentum. At least that way it isn't the same guy continuing what he started.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:43 PM
vvlf
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankTank
and just a little reminder to everyone still bantering back and forth about LS7 reliability,,, this thread is almost 6 months old , so don't act like this is a brand new one People keep resurecting old threads to keep up the hype.
Really, the "hype". Given all the threads and the fact that people are on their 2nd and 3rd motors. At this point 5 going on 6 years later, its anything but HYPE . But hey its a free world, believe what you want
Old 02-12-2012, 11:00 PM
AirBusPilot
Le Mans Master

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Obama in a landslide. Sorry boys, but until the republican party takes control back from the crazies and clowns, this is how it's going to be.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:02 PM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rjwz28
I keep hearing people say that too ("if Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination I'll have to vote for Obama again"). It's so far beyond ridiculous that it's borderline unbelievable. I'll vote for whoever the nominee ends up being in hopes of slowing the progressive momentum. At least that way it isn't the same guy continuing what he started.
Edited.

Last edited by forg0tmypen; 02-13-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:12 PM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Originally Posted by AirBusPilot
Obama in a landslide. Sorry boys, but until the republican party takes control back from the crazies and clowns, this is how it's going to be.
I addressed this in my post. The GOP is catering to the extreme Tea Party crazies and they're killing the party from the inside. How someone like Sara Palin could even remotely claim to represent anyone of any political affiliation in this country is sad and downright scary.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:05 AM
CAPTKEN28
Racer

Isn't this thread about a blown engine?

Stay on target!
Old 02-13-2012, 12:10 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by CAPTKEN28

Stay on target!

DH
Old 02-13-2012, 12:44 AM
vvlf
Pro

Stay on target!
Originally Posted by Dirty Howie

DH
+100
Respectfully there are plenty of threads for you guys to talk about politics

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Politics+%2C+Corvette+Forum
Old 02-13-2012, 01:09 AM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Stay on target!
These blown engine/poor sales threads always morph into political discussions.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:33 AM
vvlf
Pro

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06
These blown engine/poor sales threads always morph into political discussions.
Wouldn't be the first time I saw this happen on a thread
I've heard of thread hijacking, but this is a whole new level

Politics and Religion, gotta love how fvcked up things get when those two are involved
Old 02-13-2012, 09:09 AM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by vvlf
Wouldn't be the first time I saw this happen on a thread
I've heard of thread hijacking, but this is a whole new level

Politics and Religion, gotta love how fvcked up things get when those two are involved
Old 02-13-2012, 01:48 PM
probabilist
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

To Katech_Jason

Thanks alot for your knowledgeable and intelligent comments. Actually I just scan the thread for only your comments---please keep it up.

I totally agree that GM doesn't have to warranty race cars whether they are stock or not. I don't believe people truly understand the stress z06s take when tracked for even a few days.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:25 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by dcsteg
Anybody have any information on the Z06 Callaway 652 and how its holding up? I see where they are offering a 100,000 drive train warranty if you want to pay extra. Otherwise its 3/36000. Seems like that is a stretch to cover that engine for that many miles considering how hard it will be run.
No issues have been reported or submitted for warranty claims on our SC652 cars. Our highest mileage cars of that series have nearly 50,000 miles, no issues.

I hope this helps.

www.callawaycars.com
Old 02-13-2012, 04:53 PM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Callaway Chris
No issues have been reported or submitted for warranty claims on our SC652 cars. Our highest mileage cars of that series have nearly 50,000 miles, no issues.

I hope this helps.

www.callawaycars.com
Is there anything you guys do to these engines that is proprietary/secret? Do you rebuild/refresh the motors prior to supercharging them?
Old 02-14-2012, 01:38 AM
vvlf
Pro

Originally Posted by Callaway Chris

I hope this helps.

www.callawaycars.com
Thats Awesome to hear !

Originally Posted by forg0tmypen
Is there anything you guys do to these engines that is proprietary/secret? Do you rebuild/refresh the motors prior to supercharging them?
+1

What do you do with your oiling systems ? Larger capacity tanks, different oil pans, pumps, scavenges, lines etc ?
ANY help would be huge
Old 03-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Yawlak80-86
Racer

Originally Posted by probabilist
To Katech_Jason

Thanks alot for your knowledgeable and intelligent comments. Actually I just scan the thread for only your comments---please keep it up.

I totally agree that GM doesn't have to warranty race cars whether they are stock or not. I don't believe people truly understand the stress z06s take when tracked for even a few days.
If the Z06 is marketed as a street legal race car, then they, (GM) should not frown upon those who use them as such. It's total B.S. !!! This is one big reason GM sucks as a company. You spend big dollars on their product then get thrown to the wolves when you have a serious problem that's likely a warranty-able issue.

I say Z06 owners w/ engine problems past and present unite! Not in a Class action lawsuit though, takes too long and usually offers little satisfaction. I've been reading about another way to get some legal and financial satisfaction through small claims court. I think I'll start a thread on it soon.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Yawlak80-86
If the Z06 is marketed as a street legal race car, then they, (GM) should not frown upon those who use them as such. It's total B.S. !!! This is one big reason GM sucks as a company. You spend big dollars on their product then get thrown to the wolves when you have a serious problem that's likely a warranty-able issue.

I say Z06 owners w/ engine problems past and present unite! Not in a Class action lawsuit though, takes too long and usually offers little satisfaction. I've been reading about another way to get some legal and financial satisfaction through small claims court. I think I'll start a thread on it soon.

I and most other guys with stock motors have had GM replace the motor when necessary even with known track use

GO GM !!!

DH

Get notified of new replies

To Blown engine 2009 Z06

Old 03-01-2012, 04:39 PM
AirBusPilot
Le Mans Master

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Yawlak80-86

Can you name any car manufacturer that warranties their street vehicles for racing use?

BTW, GM has stepped up and warrantied many engines that blew up on the race track.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:51 PM
DON T.
Drifting

Originally Posted by airbuspilot
can you name any car manufacturer that warranties their street vehicles for racing use?

Btw, gm has stepped up and warrantied many engines that blew up on the race track.
amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is no other mfg that does that, btw, when i see these exotics cars every blue moon riding around my town, i ask them how many miles on there 3 to 5 year old super duper excotic, you know what you hear, 4 maby 5 thousand,thats it!!! Im a rookie here,but from what im learning for the most part, these zo6s can run hardddddddd for 1000s of miles and then take you home in style!!!! Everybody have a good evening and i love my 2009 cyber grey zo6666666!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,997 Likes on 5,365 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Howie
I and most other guys with stock motors have had GM replace the motor when necessary even with known track use

GO GM !!!

DH
Absolutely, even owners of the Ultimate Driving Machine don't get covered the way GM stood up and covered mine and other peoples engines. Scan through back issues of the Roundel and see how many people had M3 engines let go and had to pay out of their own pocket. Maybe a poll of people who had their engine blow on track and were not covered would show you.

Bill

Quick Reply: [Z06] Blown engine 2009 Z06