Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Wixom Open House & Car Show - Aug. 18

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 04:02 PM
LisasZR1
Lifetime NCM Member #2482
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by JThomas
Lisa: Who is your engine builder? Maybe we can seek him/her out while we're there.
Mike Priest - he built Deb's engine as well. Tell him I LOVE my car and that the engine it perfect and I said THANKS! He built an awesome machine!
Old 08-14-2011, 08:20 PM
JThomas
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas08C6
Mike Priest - he built Deb's engine as well. Tell him I LOVE my car and that the engine it perfect and I said THANKS! He built an awesome machine!
Will do. That is interesting that he built both your and Deb's engines. I'm looking forward to a good time and meeting Deb in person. I've already met you.

We'll take pictures!
Old 08-14-2011, 09:08 PM
LisasZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Will do. That is interesting that he built both your and Deb's engines. I'm looking forward to a good time and meeting Deb in person. I've already met you.

We'll take pictures!
Oh gosh! Was it at the Bash? I met so many people I can't remember everyone. I would love to see some pictures. I really want to make it up there to do the tour one day. I think it would be really interesting. Y'all have a good time. Tell Mike I'm sorry I'm not there to meet him in person!

JOE!!! We met at the car wash corner at the hotel. LOL! I had a great time at the Bash. Donna and I will be back next year. Maybe with a bigger Texas crowd though.

Last edited by LisasZR1; 08-14-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:21 AM
JThomas
Burning Brakes

Oh gosh! Was it at the Bash? I met so many people I can't remember everyone. I would love to see some pictures. I really want to make it up there to do the tour one day. I think it would be really interesting. Y'all have a good time. Tell Mike I'm sorry I'm not there to meet him in person!

JOE!!! We met at the car wash corner at the hotel. LOL! I had a great time at the Bash. Donna and I will be back next year. Maybe with a bigger Texas crowd though.
You got it Lisa, I had the black Z06, and nothing but compliments on your ZR1. That car still kills me!
Old 08-15-2011, 08:35 AM
eaglei
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 45 Posts

Default What has four legs and 1276 horsepower?

I will hold you to that. Even if I have to fly up and ride with you. I would LOVE to come.

Don, get that calendar updated!!! I'm not sure you can handle both Deb and me!
Hey Lisa,

I'm pretty sure you're right. Two high horsepower women may be too much for this boy.

But if I have a year to prepare and start training now, maybe - just maybe...

And if you and Deb both give Mike a howdy and thank you - I think he would just about die and go to heaven!

Last edited by eaglei; 08-15-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:14 AM
LisasZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by eaglei
Hey Lisa,

I'm pretty sure you're right. Two high horsepower women may be too much for this boy.

And if you and Deb both give Mike a howdy and thank you - I think he would just about die and go to heaven!

You know what? You give me enough lead time and I'll be there. Give me a chance to meet Deb in person too! I feel like I already know her personally though. Keep me posted!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:48 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,632 Likes on 1,747 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

We'll take pictures!
Can't wait to meet you too Joe!

Hey Lisa,

Don, Please tell Mike the HPHP (High Priestess of Horse Power) is too excited about meeting the creator of my BAMF BEAST! We can't wait to see all the fine highly skilled Craftsmen who make this happen and you all should be commended for the
awesomejobs that you do

You know what? You give me enough lead time and I'll be there. Give me a chance to meet Deb in person too! I feel like I already know her personally though. Keep me posted!
Awww it is like we know each other. Having you up here next time would be too much

Getting caught up here T minus less than 24 hours and counting! Sonic Don (Zrthndr), Joe Thomas and I are ready to roll to Wixom

See everyone tomorrow
Old 08-18-2011, 07:58 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator

The BIG Day is finally here
Leaving for Wixom in less than an hour! ETA 11:30 Am!
I can not believe we will soon be seeing the home of our Mighty LS9s/LS7s and the awesome people who make it happen! Don, Carl, Rob thanks so much for all you do on here and let Mr Priest know 2010 #1468 is on it's way
Old 08-18-2011, 05:52 PM
JThomas
Burning Brakes

Let me first start off by saying it was a pleasure meeting Deb, Don, and Don's neighbor. (Can't remember his name, sorry.)

The weather cooperated and we arrived at the PBC early. We met Mike Priest and our tour guide was Don and Rob. We got the chance to witness the building of an LS9 and even after four years, it is still amazing to watch the skill of the technicians and the craftsmanship of the materials that go into these engines. What I really love about this place, is that the employees really seem to enjoy what they do and they get great satisfaction having the owners of these vehicles return to the plant. There was a very good crowd on hand and many beautiful Corvettes and other products. All in all, very nice people!

I will let Deb add her comments and thoughts, but again, great meeting everyone, and hopefully we will get together again for another Corvette Affair.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:31 PM
Pilot03EBZO6
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great having everyone out and getting to meet most of you - I feel bad because I was kinda being run around all over trying to answer as many questions as possible and didn't get to talk/meet with everyone for very long... Hopefully everyone got all the answers they wanted and had a great time. If there are any other questions or anyone wants to visit again we are always open for it and just get in touch with me. Also we will be on Woodward both Friday and Saturday this weekend at 13 mile - so look us up there at the GM performance parts display. Next time we meet I hope not to be so rushed and needed in so many places at one time!!! LOL.... I'm an enthusiast too and like to talk cars with everyone and enjoy them. ON and everyone enjoy your Corvettes!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 06:53 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator

Let me first start off by saying it was a pleasure meeting Deb, Don, and Don's neighbor. (Can't remember his name, sorry.)

The weather cooperated and we arrived at the PBC early. We met Mike Priest and our tour guide was Don and Rob. We got the chance to witness the building of an LS9 and even after four years, it is still amazing to watch the skill of the technicians and the craftsmanship of the materials that go into these engines. What I really love about this place, is that the employees really seem to enjoy what they do and they get great satisfaction having the owners of these vehicles return to the plant. There was a very good crowd on hand and many beautiful Corvettes and other products. All in all, very nice people!

I will let Deb add her comments and thoughts, but again, great meeting everyone, and hopefully we will get together again for another Corvette Affair.
Joe pretty well summed it up! It was great to finally meet you too!
What an AmaZing time! The opportunity to meet and get to talk to my Builder Mike Priest was too cool Also awesome to Meet our Fun and Informative Tour Guide Don , who we held up too long and they had to haul time away to another tour Rob did a good job of taking over! Thanks to Carl and all the People / Builders at Wixom for this fantastic opportunity! Oh yeah, letting me tighten the head bolts down on the LS9 was too cool! Thank Rich for that It is amazing all the skill and precision that goes in to these beasts! This is one event I will not soon forgot!

Some pics:
Mike Priest, the Builder of my BAMF LS9 with me and NURZ, my ZR1

Don H, our fantastic Tour Guide

Rob's AW ZR1-this one if for Lisa!

The Magic of the LS9

LOTZ More pics:

http://s766.photobucket.com/albums/x...view=slideshow

Last edited by DebRedZR1; 08-23-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

Deb & others,

great pics and thanks for sharing !

Gary
Old 08-18-2011, 10:16 PM
eaglei
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 45 Posts

Default What a nice group!

Deb & All,

Thanks for being such great guests!

It is really a treat to have people so intensely interested in the engines we build every day, and it's kind of flattering that you are interested in us too! Your enthusiasm transforms this job from routine to something truly special. Cheers to you all!!

Sorry if we had to hurry some folks along - we were just trying to give everyone a chance to see the process. If you'd like a more leisurely experience, we are almost always open to tours. Just click on our web site and fill in the tour form. Or better yet, select the PBC option for your next Corvette and you will really get up close and personal with your engine!!

Ain't this a great country - land of so many possibilities!
Old 08-18-2011, 10:45 PM
LisasZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Or better yet, select the PBC option for your next Corvette and you will really get up close and personal with your engine!!

You know I'll be doing that on the next one. So, y'all had a great day. I know everyone enjoyed it. Deb, this pictures are wonderful. I looked at all the ones on FB as well. I'm just sorry I didn't get to go with everyone. Maybe I just need to drive the Beast up there before the weather gets bad. I'm sure He would like to meet Mike!! I will make the next one for sure.

Joe will have to look you up too. I see you've been doing some modeling at the museum.

And Don, it IS a great country and Chevy builds a GREAT Vette!! I had a fun cruise in the Beast this weekend. WOW! That engine just roars through the curves, tires stuck to the pavement, never even trying to break loose, fast and smooth. What a machine!! Thanks guys!!

Lisa
Old 08-22-2011, 11:20 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by Gary '09 C6
Deb & others,

great pics and thanks for sharing !

Gary

Deb & All,

Thanks for being such great guests!

It is really a treat to have people so intensely interested in the engines we build every day, and it's kind of flattering that you are interested in us too! Your enthusiasm transforms this job from routine to something truly special. Cheers to you all!!

Sorry if we had to hurry some folks along - we were just trying to give everyone a chance to see the process. If you'd like a more leisurely experience, we are almost always open to tours. Just click on our web site and fill in the tour form. Or better yet, select the PBC option for your next Corvette and you will really get up close and personal with your engine!!

Thanks Don, you and all def went above and beyond for us We can't wait to come back! Hopefully we were not too big of pests with all the questions and pics

You know I'll be doing that on the next one. So, y'all had a great day. I know everyone enjoyed it. Deb, this pictures are wonderful. I looked at all the ones on FB as well. I'm just sorry I didn't get to go with everyone. Maybe I just need to drive the Beast up there before the weather gets bad. I'm sure He would like to meet Mike!! I will make the next one for sure.

Joe will have to look you up too. I see you've been doing some modeling at the museum.

And Don, it IS a great country and Chevy builds a GREAT Vette!! I had a fun cruise in the Beast this weekend. WOW! That engine just roars through the curves, tires stuck to the pavement, never even trying to break loose, fast and smooth. What a machine!! Thanks guys!!

Lisa
Lisa, next year when all the cars there would be fun if you are driving the Beast! I have noticed NURZ has NO FEAR of the Curves Maybe you can help me with my NU Top Secret Plan: Project Infiltrate MPG

Last edited by DebRedZR1; 08-22-2011 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:03 PM
speedwaylemans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the tour! Had a great time with my friends and touring Wixom. Really nice of you to welcome us with free food and ice cream too! I confess, I had more than one ice cream bar! Wish our builders had been there, but mine was retired - Mike Armstrong and my friend's was on vacation, Mr. Ross

Thanks again for opening up for everyone. We enjoyed looking at all the cars too.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:54 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator

Default More Pics!

Thanks to ZRTHNDR (Sonic Don) for these!
http://s766.photobucket.com/albums/x...view=slideshow
Old 08-23-2011, 09:15 AM
Supersonic_ZR1
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Great pictures Deb, and a special thank you to ZRTHNDR (Sonic Don).

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Wixom Open House & Car Show - Aug. 18