Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Spring Mountain

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 02:43 PM
YWZ08
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Spring Mountain

Wow, where do I start? I just finished the 3 day school yesterday and I must say that it was everything and more that all of you that have been have said. The condos and overall facility were high end and that's just icing on the cake.
Online videos of the track do not do it justice.
It was unbelievable to me the patience, friendliness, and yet professional expertise that Rick and his fellow instructors extend. If you are on the fence about going, the decision is a no brainer. If you want to know what yours and your car's capabilities are, you MUST attend this school.
Thanks again Rick and all the other instructors!

Vince
Old 05-26-2011, 02:57 PM
ufaj26
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

Sounds like you had a great time !!! Must be nice
Old 05-26-2011, 05:54 PM
topdownat60d
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you went and had a blast. I have gone 3 times and am going back for level 2 in Sept.
First class operation!
Old 05-26-2011, 09:36 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,980 Likes on 1,217 Posts

Nothing but great experience.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:19 PM
LisasZR1
Lifetime NCM Member #2482
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11

I'm anxious to go but can't pin point a good time due to family issues. I'm working on it.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:25 PM
ub2slow2

Glad you enjoyed it, it is awesome. I'm going to back again as well in the spring.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:28 PM
ZR1sry
Heel & Toe

Vince,

Thanks for psoting the information on Spring Mountain. I will be attending the 3-day ZR1 driving school June 27-29 and I am really looking forward to it. It is great to read the positive feedback from those who have attended. I have also be staying in the condo's at the track. Any suggestions on restaurants would be appreciated.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:35 AM
Dicecal
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by youngbauer
Vince,

Thanks for psoting the information on Spring Mountain. I will be attending the 3-day ZR1 driving school June 27-29 and I am really looking forward to it. It is great to read the positive feedback from those who have attended. I have also be staying in the condo's at the track. Any suggestions on restaurants would be appreciated.
The staff will fill you in on the restaurants. Parump nugget or drive into Vegas.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:23 AM
socalspringmountain
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 418 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by YWZ08
Wow, where do I start? I just finished the 3 day school yesterday and I must say that it was everything and more that all of you that have been have said. The condos and overall facility were high end and that's just icing on the cake.
Online videos of the track do not do it justice.
It was unbelievable to me the patience, friendliness, and yet professional expertise that Rick and his fellow instructors extend. If you are on the fence about going, the decision is a no brainer. If you want to know what yours and your car's capabilities are, you MUST attend this school.
Thanks again Rick and all the other instructors!

Vince
thanks for the post vince! we are glad that you enjoyed your driving school with us and hope to see you again someday in L1 or L2. I will pass along to Rick and the instructors your thanks.
keep practicing your heel/toe!

The Official Performance Driving School Of Corvette
www.racespringmountain.com
victor@racespringmountain.com
800-391-6891

Old 05-27-2011, 05:20 AM
C6Brain
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Spring Mountain ZR1 driving school

I likewise attended the ZR1 school this past week. The experience was AMAZING!
1) Amazing instructors- skill, patience, and enthusiasm were second to none. I could not believe the skill involved during the lead/follow, where the instructors drive on the track with the students (in small groups) behind, critique the student behind them, and talk on the radio, all at the same time;
2) Amazing facility- track, condos, clubhouse. Your only focus is on the driving- the support staff take care of everything else. Breakfast and lunch are included. You are encouraged to drive on the track with the air-conditioning on and a drink in your cup holder so that you do not fatigue;
3) Amazing car- you get to see what this beast can do in its own element and compare it to its Z06 and GS brethren.

As far as restaurants, they prepare recommendations/list for you. If you like sushi, there is a great place on the list that is worth checking out (wonder where they get the fish from in the middle of the desert).

Please feel free to contact me if you need any additional info (from a student's perspective).
Zev
Brainexplorer@msn.com
Old 05-27-2011, 09:53 AM
ZR1sry
Heel & Toe

Vince & Zev,

Thanks for the information!

Steve
Old 05-27-2011, 10:37 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,980 Likes on 1,217 Posts

Originally Posted by youngbauer
Vince,

We had great experience at Tomasino's sp? In fact, we went back the next day.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:39 AM
99HRDTP
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by range96
We had great experience at Tomasino's sp? In fact, we went back the next day.

Tomasino's was great. The owner looks like Joe Pesci. He bought us some drinks and sat down and chatted after dinner. Highly recommend the food.

----
Mike
Old 05-28-2011, 08:47 AM
jamie furman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 99HRDTP

Tomasino's was great. The owner looks like Joe Pesci. He bought us some drinks and sat down and chatted after dinner. Highly recommend the food.

----
Mike
I been out there a lot, and the best food I found is at El Jefe's the mexican restaurant on the way to town on the right with the scorpian on the sign, that is unless you don't like authentic mexican food.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:03 AM
barduch
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jamie furman
I been out there a lot, and the best food I found is at El Jefe's the mexican restaurant on the way to town on the right with the scorpian on the sign, that is unless you don't like authentic mexican food.
Ditto El Jeffe's and Tomasino's, we enjoyed both. However, the best that we found in town is the Pahrump Valley Winery restaurant. The food and service are both 5 star and the prices are moderate unless you order their best bottle of wine. The only drawback is that they are not open Monday or Tuesday. We had an early flight out Thursday so we stayed at the condo Wednesday night and had dinner at the winery. If you plan on being there Wednesday night it is best to make reservations a week or two in advance. It's a great way to treat one's wife for putting up with our wacky obsessions.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:29 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,457 Likes on 2,274 Posts

Originally Posted by jamie furman

Great spot.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:38 PM
YWZ08
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

We ate at Terrible's the first night and had the half chicken which was good and big portions. We had the standard prime rib at Pahrump Nugget the second night and although it was cooked right, it was a fatty, tough piece of meat. We ate at El Jefe's the last night and the chips and salsa were good but i've had better fish tacos including in Mexico.

Get notified of new replies

To Spring Mountain

Old 05-28-2011, 01:39 PM
YWZ08
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by socalspringmountain
thanks for the post vince! we are glad that you enjoyed your driving school with us and hope to see you again someday in L1 or L2. I will pass along to Rick and the instructors your thanks.
keep practicing your heel/toe!
Thanks Victor!
Old 05-30-2011, 12:25 AM
Operations
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 231 Likes on 132 Posts

Old 06-01-2011, 05:38 PM
socalspringmountain
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 418 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by YWZ08
We ate at Terrible's the first night and had the half chicken which was good and big portions. We had the standard prime rib at Pahrump Nugget the second night and although it was cooked right, it was a fatty, tough piece of meat. We ate at El Jefe's the last night and the chips and salsa were good but i've had better fish tacos including in Mexico.
did you eat at the nuggett steakhouse? or at the diner. pretty big difference...as for the fish tacos, being from northern mexico myself, never been a big fan, next time though try the tongue or al pastor tacos and you won't be disappointed!

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Spring Mountain