Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Getting bored with my '08 Silver Z06, what is it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 07:01 AM
Griffee
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Well you can always add the ZO7 package as I did:

However it still isn't going to change the color for you. That would be a pretty big hit just for a color change, but if it's what you really want...it's only money.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:21 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Local Caddy dealer just took in a mint 08 2LZ w/chrome wheels with less than 5K miles and "some" warranty left on a CTS-V coupe. They listed it for $51,995 a buddy offered $48 and they are in "negotiations".

Tom
Old 03-06-2011, 08:27 AM
setxws6
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I bet I have the best idea yet for you...wrap it.

You said you would miss the mean cammed sound, way more power, and you already have the same body style that's been out for 6 years, so you know they'll change it. And you really just want the newer looking paint style right? You don't want to paint a car like ours, as you'll probably lose value in it going that route. So I'd look into wrapping it whatever color you want. Then put the Z07 wheels and brakes on, if you must, as mentioned above. Plus a wrap can be removed when you are ready to sell it, and in the mean time your paint stays in flawless condition under the wrap.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY
About 40 grand less than what you've got into it.

You really wanna get on that depreciation merry-go-'round again?
Car guys always get the urge for something new. Sounds like your just sick of the color. Maybe some nice chromies will give you a new perspective. We always see a new Vette with a new color that catches are eyes.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:51 AM
D J M
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bored?

Originally Posted by 2008corvette
I hate to say it but I'm starting to get kinda bored with my 2008 Machine Silver Z06 after three years of ownership which is a record for me with the same car. I'm really considering selling it and ordering a 2011 Inferno Orange Z06 with the Z07 package and carbon fiber package because I love how that car looks after seeing photos of it on this forum. I'm trying to figure out what my car is worth at the moment so I was wondering if you guys could help me out?

2008 Z06
Machine Silver
Ebony Interior with titanium accents
2LZ
Navigation
Comp Gray wheels
14,828 miles
Nitto NT05 tires with about 1,000 miles on them
Original owner (I ordered it on 1/8/08 and took delivery on 2/15/08)
Car is flawless inside and out

Mods:
VentureShield clear bra
Katech Torquer Cam
Kook's headers (jet hot coated)
B&B Bullet exhaust
JE forged pistons
Halltech Killer Bee intake
15% Window Tint
DS Vettes shift ****, emergency brake handle and both boots (ebony with titanium stitching)

So what is my car worth?
Bored, already. Sounds like you got a nice car. Save some bucks, enjoy it longer. Never know what corvette will come out next. I got mine in Sept. 2010, silver, all stock 2008 like yours with 3lz package 8900 miles for a great price of $47,000, good luck finding another one for that price. Hard to say what yours is worth with the mods on it, stock is different story so a person can do what he wants. Give you $37,000 and I can have two and never get bored. Good luck on a new one if you decide to get it.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:55 AM
D J M
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Griffee

However it still isn't going to change the color for you. That would be a pretty big hit just for a color change, but if it's what you really want...it's only money.
Like the package, got the same car no mods. After I get cat back exhaust, x-pipe may look into it. About how much did it set you back?
Old 03-06-2011, 10:56 AM
GotGIG
Advanced

Originally Posted by 1 slow 97
honestly its a nice car but $50,000 is a stretch.. 3 years may be a record for you but it seems like its a sweet car and keeping it will save you tons of money. Why not spend a couple bucks and get the ZR1 wheels and ground effects and still have cash in the bank?
I am in a similar situation with my '07 with 6k miles and the same mods with the exception of the pistons. After tracking the car I added StopTechs and then decided to add some new shoes, with two sets of Forgelines one for the track one for the street it changed my ride up enough to keep me away from the same car you're looking at. Enjoy your ride, I decided to wait for the C7 to make the change. Best of luck!
Old 03-06-2011, 11:13 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
Great looking car. Just hang on to it and see what is coming for 2012 or even wait for the C7.
The other has more bling. Basicly the SAME CAR! Not worth the expense. I think you will get buyers remorse. Wish you had your old one back. Boring of the new one quickly!
Old 03-06-2011, 11:31 AM
achilds
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last month I was going to sell my 08 2LZ JSB, comp gray wheels, Kenwood nav with 11000 miles. No internal work done on the car etc. I was thinking I wanted a 2010 ZR1 with the incentives out there I could have gotten one for the mid 90's. I went so far as to post it for sale and had solid offers at 44K. The dealer offered me a trade in at 39K. The car has been problem free a blast to drive, so I put some new Michelin PS2's on it and will keep it for a while longer. Keep yours and wait, I sure wouldn't replace a Z06 with a Z06 even with the addition of the launch control and a few other things it doesn't seem worth it.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Doc V.
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Start at $52K.

Too many Corvette owners give up their exceptional cars for too little.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:06 PM
2008corvette
Melting Slicks

Well I thought about it and decided that I'm going to keep my car and enjoy it for the time being. I'm going to order a ZR1 carbon fiber splitter and side skirts to give the car a new look. I'm also thinking about getting a set of ZR1 comp gray wheels but I don't know yet since I would have to get new tires again, it would be nice if they made them in a 18/19" wheel like they do with the chrome and black ZR1 style wheels.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Well I thought about it and decided that I'm going to keep my car and enjoy it for the time being. I'm going to order a ZR1 carbon fiber splitter and side skirts to give the car a new look. I'm also thinking about getting a set of ZR1 comp gray wheels but I don't know yet since I would have to get new tires again, it would be nice if they made them in a 18/19" wheel like they do with the chrome and black ZR1 style wheels.
Smart man, good decison, enjoy that bad boy and its new look in good health!

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 03-06-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:33 PM
D J M
Intermediate

Good to hear you are going to keep the car. Let us know how she looks with the ZR1 equip. Guess you didn't like my offer of 37k:
Still waiting to get exhaust on mine, but got lots of time to fly around, after the rain!
Old 03-06-2011, 04:57 PM
06-Z0SICK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why not get a wrap done on it? I have silver and too want a colour change. Might get the wrap thing done soon.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:58 PM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

IMO yours is a very desirable color combo ZO6 and there is not enough of a difference between yours and any 2011 Z to be worth taking a beating on your 08. I thought about trading /selling mine toward a GS vert:crazy2,:hey but it's a Vert, and then I woke up.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Griffee
Pro

Originally Posted by D J M
Like the package, got the same car no mods. After I get cat back exhaust, x-pipe may look into it. About how much did it set you back?
Wheels(Speedline's not reproductions), Michelin PS2 Run Flats, ZO7 Brakes, and lightweight lugs 11,500.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:47 PM
427silverhotrod
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wheels(Speedline's not reproductions), Michelin PS2 Run Flats, ZO7 Brakes, and lightweight lugs 11,500.
Who did you buy your brakes from and how much just for the brakes? love that look

Get notified of new replies

To Getting bored with my '08 Silver Z06, what is it worth?

Old 03-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Griffee
Pro

PM Richierichz06 for the brakes...he'll hook you up
Old 03-06-2011, 08:19 PM
2008corvette
Melting Slicks

Your car looks great.

Originally Posted by setxws6
I bet I have the best idea yet for you...wrap it.

You said you would miss the mean cammed sound, way more power, and you already have the same body style that's been out for 6 years, so you know they'll change it. And you really just want the newer looking paint style right? You don't want to paint a car like ours, as you'll probably lose value in it going that route. So I'd look into wrapping it whatever color you want. Then put the Z07 wheels and brakes on, if you must, as mentioned above. Plus a wrap can be removed when you are ready to sell it, and in the mean time your paint stays in flawless condition under the wrap.
Originally Posted by 06-Z0SICK
Why not get a wrap done on it? I have silver and too want a colour change. Might get the wrap thing done soon.
I don't really know much about "wrapping" a car, how much does that even run?

Originally Posted by D J M
Good to hear you are going to keep the car. Let us know how she looks with the ZR1 equip. Guess you didn't like my offer of 37k:
Still waiting to get exhaust on mine, but got lots of time to fly around, after the rain!
I'll post some pictures when I get everything installed in the Spring. Your offer was a tad low, I would have taken $38.5k.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:46 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,458 Likes on 2,274 Posts

You should keep that car. If the C7 is worth a crap down the road, then you can pick it up at that time (and still have the Katech Z).

Quick Reply: [Z06] Getting bored with my '08 Silver Z06, what is it worth?